Adelaide Football Club Logo

Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

image.jpeg
I really like the look of the Crow on these training singlets, I think it could be incorporated into an ace logo. My main bone of contention with the current one is the text. Not only obscures the beak, but is bubble letter all-caps which is a big no-no in 2016.

Bump. 88 have voted. Probably need at least 100 for the poll to bear any weight. Ill send through the thread to fages once we get to 100. Theyll probably go as they already are but it wont hurt for them to have more data to sift through in making future decisions.

Bump. 88 have voted. Probably need at least 100 for the poll to bear any weight. Ill send through the thread to fages once we get to 100. Theyll probably go as they already are but it wont hurt for them to have more data to sift through in making future decisions.
I think the problem is that most people don't really like the alternatives suggested otherwise there would be more votes.
Also a lot of people have said they voted for x but don't rally like any and it is the best of a bad bunch so either way the poll really has no weight when considered in context

I think the problem is that most people don't really like the alternatives suggested otherwise there would be more votes.
Also a lot of people have said they voted for x but don't rally like any and it is the best of a bad bunch so either way the poll really has no weight when considered in context
I dont know. Its enough to suggest even those that voted didnt like the current logo, nor our previous one in comparison. Could add to the push for a new design to take over sooner rather than later. These were literally the best options that have been presented here on bigfooty, i hope if they did go through another process theyd get qualified designers in and come up with 3 or 4 quality designs and put it to the members.

I dont know. Its enough to suggest even those that voted didnt like the current logo, nor our previous one in comparison. Could add to the push for a new design to take over sooner rather than later. These were literally the best options that have been presented here on bigfooty, i hope if they did go through another process theyd get qualified designers in and come up with 3 or 4 quality designs and put it to the members.
yeah fair call re the favouring against the current logo.

I guess it doesn't really help direct toward a new one and what would be liked but as you say it supports that there is favouring against it even with logos that aren't even liked themselves.

Although a poll simply stating should we change the logo or keep it would give stronger info on that point (and I reckon has been done before maybe?)

I really don't mind what logo the club wants to use for letterheads, advertising etc. Having said that, if they want me to buy polo's, caps etc from crow mania I would like a toned down version of what we are using, even just take the big bubble font out from under the crow. Ideally for me a simple AFC monogram instead of the cartoonish crow would look better.

Where's the training top version? Full body not just the weird round head.

We've done a great job transforming our image off the field the past couple of years - the new clash guernseys, the #weflyasone slogan etc. The horrible raptor head logo is one of the only ugly reminders of the old regime remaining at the club. In order to fully complete our transformation into this new era, we need a logo that fully encapsulates the club and one that will stand the test of time.

The only options I can think of that fulfill that are the following:

Option 1 - The AFC shield or at least the AFC insignia:

259796_de431402403ac50c60fbcf0191be5a1d.png
$_75.JPG

Option 2 - The #weflyasone Crow on the yellow/gold background:

PvvLUQb.png

Option 3 - The Crow introduced at the start of last year on the training guernseys:

Head shot:
rq9RNia.png

Full body:
fj0AnoX.png

Option 4 - A modified old crow logo as featured on the GPS pocket of old match-worn guernseys:

n0toHMt.png
6MeJER1.jpg

Last edited:
Above all, any new logo or modified old logo needs to be reflective of our status as a proud, respected footy club! We don't want rubbish that makes us look like a children's cartoon or an amateur league team.

Not sure if other AFL clubs have the problem of not being able to come up with a logo that has anything like majority appeal. Do we need a preferential voting system here? ;)

I think when the crow on the training top is used in a bold colour, like the blue version of the head above, it looks pretty average. Just looks cartoony again. I haven't seen much around that I really like though!

We need an outstanding external design consultancy to come in, audit our brand and supply us with a solution to meet an exacting brief – exactly as Block Branding did for Freo:

http://blockbranding.com/work/fremantle-dockers/

Their rebrand was extremely successful in my opinion. Their current brand is authentic and timeless while remaining current. I understand that the supporter base is a major stakeholder but I'm not so sure we should be involved in choosing from designs. It's the designers job to make design decisions, not the client or stakeholders. Perhaps we could be involved in the briefing process which would dictate the whole outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think the options are so so. Why not go for something clean, distinctive and powerful. Something people would be proud to wear not something cocked up in the back of a two bit Adelaide design firms basement.View attachment 265131 View attachment 265132
thats the pose I like, probably more the 1st but without the cocked head, more straight as if its coming at you with purpose (with the downward tilt, the 1st one the head is straight but not a diving type look)

Id also probably go with the writing above not below. Possibly just ADELAIDE or ADELAIDE FC as this then gives a striking image with a shield type shape whereas the writing being below that creates more of a block effect overall.

Then id use something like the old Crow cartoon image using only Crows not Adelaide on it and that would be the thing thats used for children merch

We've done a great job transforming our image off the field the past couple of years - the new clash guernseys, the #weflyasone slogan etc. The horrible raptor head logo is one of the only ugly reminders of the old regime remaining at the club. In order to fully complete our transformation into this new era, we need a logo that fully encapsulates the club and one that will stand the test of time.

The only options I can think of that fulfill that are the following:

Option 1 - The AFC shield or at least the AFC insignia:

259796_de431402403ac50c60fbcf0191be5a1d.png
$_75.JPG

Option 2 - The #weflyasone Crow on the yellow/gold background:

PvvLUQb.png

Option 3 - The Crow introduced at the start of last year on the training guernseys:

Head shot:
rq9RNia.png

Full body:
fj0AnoX.png

Option 4 - A modified old crow logo as featured on the GPS pocket of old match-worn guernseys:

n0toHMt.png
6MeJER1.jpg

Wouldn't mind option 2, depending on the font they use for "Adelaide Crows"

I really think the options are so so. Why not go for something clean, distinctive and powerful. Something people would be proud to wear not something cocked up in the back of a two bit Adelaide design firms basement.View attachment 265131 View attachment 265132

That bottom crow looks great.
Not sure how it would translate into all the merch but would look good on a t-shirt.

Wow is that still there! It should have been replaced with Tex last year
I'm afraid so. I've never been a fan of it from the start because I feel that prominant imagery at a club's HQ should be something that represents greatness and is timeless, which in my opinion a huge picture of VB did not fit the bill, in both respects. You'd assume that the underlying basis for him being picked for such a thing was the fact that he was the captain, but if that's the case it became irrelevant when Walker assumed the mantle, even more so now that he's retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo

Back