Preview Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15/04/17 @ 7:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Walla play up the ground and run towards the forward fifty. I'd like to see Begley selected as another avenue for Pyke to think about and allow Walla to rotate through the forward line as well. That would give us another player with pace to run the transition.
Don't think any coach is putting anytime in Begley.

Because he's a first year player who's done nothing of note apart from half a good game of JLT.

Any if it was my call I'd only go with the one change.

Langford out min 2 weeks in vfl and min 2 weeks in for one of smack, Stewart or belly. We lose to much structure(and his a terrible ruckman) when joey goes in the middle. We really need to get on top before the rain came the other day and just couldn't do it with joey in the middle. Was the same as the brisbane game. Apart from that I'd have no more changes, lets get a team playing together.

Because he's a first year player who's done nothing of note apart from half a good game of JLT.

Any if it was my call I'd only go with the one change.

Langford out min 2 weeks in vfl and min 2 weeks in for one of smack, Stewart or belly. We lose to much structure(and his a terrible ruckman) when joey goes in the middle. We really need to get on top before the rain came the other day and just couldn't do it with joey in the middle. Was the same as the brisbane game. Apart from that I'd have no more changes, lets get a team playing together.
Yeah, during the second quarter you just knew that if we didn't get a couple of goals up before the rain really arrived that we'd have trouble later. Of those three I'd have Stewart. If we're going to consider the Adelaide game a loss then we've got nothing to lose re: Begley. I reckon we should find out more, see what he's capable of. Adelaide defence won't pay him much mind.

Bellchsmbers or smack has to come in. Weather looks to be good. Smack as second ruck then forward is a good option coz he is mobile and great skills for a big boy and leave Daniher where he should be. I reckon we can beat these guys, maybe it's just a gut feeling. The boys have a lot to prove after losing to a pack of flogs on the weekend

If we want someone who can play 2nd ruck then it ain't Stewart - he's as bad if not worse than Daniher in the ruck.
Sounds like belly or smack then. In a perfect world its belly but im not going to pretend i watched the Vfl game is he fit enough? Considering he hasn't done anything close to a full preseason

Sounds like belly or smack then. In a perfect world its belly but im not going to pretend i watched the Vfl game is he fit enough? Considering he hasn't done anything close to a full preseason

Personally I don't think Bellchambers is mobile enough to play as 2nd ruck. Makes us top heavy and slow. McKernan is mobile - can play as a tall midfielder getting clearances as well as rucking and taking grabs/kicking goals. For me Bellchambers should only get a look in if Leuenberger is injured.

I'd question whether bringing Brown in in his place is the way to go though. Hartley has been shutting down key forwards all over the place which is more than can be said for Brown. What more do they want from him?
I'm not on the inner sanctum so I can't tell you.

In my uneducated opinion I would guess they have asked him to improve his marking and also to use his kicking more offensively coming out of defence.

I think we all know what his strengths are and that is spoiling. I can only assume that when he sits down with the coaching staff at the start of the year they would have said,"we know you are an elite defender but can you work on marking the ball and using your awesome kicking skills to hit up players outside where the zone is set up"?

If he continues to punch the ball then they would have no option but to send him back to the VFL to work on it.

I thought he was a real find last year, he played 19 games yet finished outside the top ten in the B&F.

I watched him closely on the weekend and he continues to sit off his opponent and allows them a clear run at the ball knowing he can make up the gap with his pace and athleticism. Dustin Fletcher was just about the best exponent of this in the history of the game but he was also able to zone off and cover for his teammates and his kicking was obviously a weapon for us coming out of defence.

Cale Hooker is somebody he should talk to about developing himself from a VFL standard player to All Australian basically under everybody's nose.

I think they can see the potential in Hartley and are encouraging him to get the best out of himself.

Like I say, I'm only guessing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't think Bellchambers is mobile enough to play as 2nd ruck. Makes us top heavy and slow. McKernan is mobile - can play as a tall midfielder getting clearances as well as rucking and taking grabs/kicking goals. For me Bellchambers should only get a look in if Leuenberger is injured.
We always did alright with ryder they were a good 60 40 mix. Though at this stage of the year with limited pre season lets go with smack in langford out. Only change.

I'm going to say it and never again; but I do not like seeing Hooker up forward.
To be fair, he had 2 or three to compete against and we delivered the ball to packs on a day we needed leading forwards marking on their chests. Blues just got behind the contest and mopped up all day.

I think he can he a good forward but we shouldn't be afraid to move him back from time to time

To be fair, he had 2 or three to compete against and we delivered the ball to packs on a day we needed leading forwards marking on their chests. Blues just got behind the contest and mopped up all day.

I think he can he a good forward but we shouldn't be afraid to move him back from time to time
I'm just talking about me and my impression. Don't like it. All Australian back man. That is all.

I'm not on the inner sanctum so I can't tell you.

In my uneducated opinion I would guess they have asked him to improve his marking and also to use his kicking more offensively coming out of defence.

I think we all know what his strengths are and that is spoiling. I can only assume that when he sits down with the coaching staff at the start of the year they would have said,"we know you are an elite defender but can you work on marking the ball and using your awesome kicking skills to hit up players outside where the zone is set up"?

If he continues to punch the ball then they would have no option but to send him back to the VFL to work on it.

I thought he was a real find last year, he played 19 games yet finished outside the top ten in the B&F.

I watched him closely on the weekend and he continues to sit off his opponent and allows them a clear run at the ball knowing he can make up the gap with his pace and athleticism. Dustin Fletcher was just about the best exponent of this in the history of the game but he was also able to zone off and cover for his teammates and his kicking was obviously a weapon for us coming out of defence.

Cale Hooker is somebody he should talk to about developing himself from a VFL standard player to All Australian basically under everybody's nose.

I think they can see the potential in Hartley and are encouraging him to get the best out of himself.

Like I say, I'm only guessing though.
I can see the logic in your thinking. Can't see the logic in the coaches' thinking if what you've suggested is true. He's a better player than Brown and should be allowed to try to develop into that player in first grade.

Not fussed about the Carlton game... As soon as it turned into soccer and the result became a coin toss i lost interest. Yes they had cleaner hands than us but meh.
As such this week should be a different kettle of fish and interestingly we have an opportunity to put together the forward structure that looked most likely in the off season. TBC should come in so we can see how it all works. I was worried that it would make us top heavy but now that Walla and Fantsypants have gone stratospheric, i'm no longer worried on that score. Make no mistake, TBC needs to perform as a forward, but if he does we will really stretch an opposition in the air. If the three talls up forward can work well together it could be very tasty indeed!
So probably just Langford for TBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back