Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by macca23
Did White get dropped?? :confused:

I went to the Port v Richmond game last week, and I thought he was good value and looked to be that extra tall up forward Port have been seeking.

Strange move.
"Strange" has a few more letters than the words that are going through my mind atm. :mad:

Teams

Like Stiffy, I'm assuming Bassett & Begley will be late withdrawals from the side.

B: Osborne, Graham, Smith
F: Edwards, Watts, Skipworth

HB: Beaumont, Jacobs, Croad
HF: Welsh, Stevens, Carey

C: Bateman, Mitchell, Lonie
C: Johncock, Ricciuto, Doughty

HF: Brown, Holland, Lekkas
HB: Massie, McGregor, Mattner

F: Ladson, Thompson, Piccioane
B: Hart, Hentschel, Begley

FOLL: Everitt, Crawford, Vandenberg
FOLL: Clarke, Stenglein, McLeod

I/C: Campbell, Ball, Ries, Tallis
I/C: Hudson, Bock, Shirley, Schuback

EMG: Kane, Williams, Clarke
EMG: Watts, Torney, Reilly

IN: Holland, Thompson, Picioane
IN: Stevens, Schuback, Watts

OUT: Barker, Williams, Kane
OUT: Jericho, Ladhams, Bassett

[edit; JT named for South, so assuming Begley will be OK]

Originally posted by spindoctor
Skipworth deserves another game, he has very good disposal and I was impressed with him when he had the ball against Collingwood (the times he got crunched he generally had only just got the ball and it was inevitable).

Definitely some good signs from him.

spot on about his inevitable crunches, esp at least took the tackle without coughing the ball loose.

Pretty well agree with the ins and outs. Glad Torney is actually getting a game, to be frank he is better than Begley, not that Begley has played poorly as of late as he has been one of our better players.

Skipworth had to be kept one more week, he showed heaps in his 55mins last week, could have got around 20-25touches is he were given a full game. So what if he was caught with it a few times, better see that than see him standing back and waiting to reveive. A good kick and he knows how to find the ball. A few games against rougher and tougher sides than Hawthorn will harden him up and he should adapt well to AFL. Basiclally the same sort of player as Gallagher, Gags had his shot, now its time for Skippy.

Mattner should have been dropped, he is useless. Tackling is his only real assett to our team.

Shirley wasnt real great either but he should be used as a more attacking player instead of stupid roles in the back pocket on a small forward where he gets carved up.

If Bassett doesn't play then Id expect perhaps Watts to come in, he is the travelling emergency.

Reilly is close to the mark as well and Lad needed more game time I guess.

Be an interesting game.

would hve preferred to see Skipworth and Welsh out but cant afford to be shuffling the side about...Ins and outs for this week are ok...

however Reily In would b good...

AND Begley has played well and was beating his opponent last Friday night until injured...Torney wldnt hve been in if beg's wasnt injured!

AND from my recollection Mattner (not a big fan of him either however...) has played okay so deserves to stay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcleods best performance for 2 years.

Incredible 2 first quarter goals... Hudson is doing a great job in the ruck aswell.

Schuback and Stevens have been great inclusions so far, and Welsh is playing hard. It reminds me of the days when this football team used to be good.

Its pretty amazing that there is a team so pathetic as Hawthorn in the AFL. They got good players too... its incredible.

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Port struggles with teams that have a good midfield and teams that can run atm. Geelong are capable of doing both. Luckily the game is in Adelaide.

As far as Adelaide Vs Hawthorn goes (from an Adelaide perspective):
1. The midfield should be even at worst.
2. Adelaide struggles with teams that can rebound. Hawthorn are not up there with the best in this respect.
3. Hawthorn have struggled to score goals as much as Adelaide has. (even here)
4. Hawthorn defence has been suspect, thus a chance for Adelaide to create some problems.
5. MCG means neither here nor there for either team.

Cannot see why Adelaide should win, but equally cannot see why Hawthorn should win.
Stevens coming in tipped the scales.

Repent all you sinners. :D

Great performance by the guys. Carey was magic in the 3rd quarter. We mightve missed out on a flag last year, look how much better Carey was with another tall forward in the line up. Ricciuto was great, but more importantly all our young players had great games, Hentschel, Bock, Schuback, Hudson, Mattner etc.

We screwed ourselves up draft wise though as we are 100% certainties to flog Carlton.

Congrats to Ricciuto who was incredible. I think 34 possesions 9 marks and 3 goals was his final stat line.

Forget Wallace.
He is going home next year, or will it be even before then to stop other clubs getting in first?

Cyber-carton on that anyone?

Great game and that is the way we must continue to play footy, we started a lil slow in the first ten mins but started to win the one on ones got a couple of goals and from there it was a prossession.

Geez where do I start,how badly have we missed Stevo????Sensational today and has now proved he is back and is going to be playing good footy for awhile yet:D Kristie was sitting a few seats up from me and when Stevo kicked his first well, all I can I thought she was going to have and orgasam:p ;)

Roo BOG sensational really fired up today, was dangerous up forward and great throught the midfeild, Torney great game from HB and delivered to ball well through the midfeild:D

Now the youngsters and the Standout had the be Mattner geez he played well and gave us a real glimpse of what he is capable of,great smoother on Everitt kicked a great goal in the last quarter and really gets in and has a go, Bock was great up forward and took a few impressive contested marks and I like his one in the second quarter:D Hentshel,Schuback and Hudo all had quality games,Hudo's ruck work is improving week by week.

Hart and Bassett great game today really held the defence well together and Bassett seems to play much better when Hart is playing;)

Mcleod seemed alot better today and seemed alot more confident today and kicked a couple a nice 'Mcleod' type goals:D

Carey geez another great game 4 goals is good on any day really is the leader in the forwardline and free's up the space for Stevo and McGregor

Last but not least Scott Welsh great game today and loves to tackle kicked a couple of goals and had a red hot go today:D

All in all great game by the boys today one game out of the eight, but we must back it up next week with a good win over Carlton.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Don't you mean he missed a couple of goals??????:p

Yeah you know what I mean Stiffy but he played well none the less.

I also forgot to mention......................theUMPIRES

Please can we have someone here clarify Holding The Ball, that situation in the third quarter where Hawthorn player (not sure which one) maved about 10m got tackled brought to the ground and no HTB but a ball up yet Dogga got done for dragging the ball in which is fine and Hentshel got done 10 mins later I tell ya I was livid and gave them white maggots the spray of a lifetime, that is just blantant crap umpiring and it is ruining our great game:mad:

Originally posted by Leigh
The Scuback/Osborne duel was a cracker. I like this Jacob kid, Stiffy.
I like Schuey too :)

He really should have played more games last year and this year as well. He gives us another player who knows where the goals are. Also adds some badly needed pace to the side and forward line in particular. He will come good. Got to keep giving him games from now on. The kid is legit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back