Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Schuback is getting a lot of rookie votes, but I thought Bock and Hentschell both had fantastic games today.

Hentschell IMO was the best rookie by far. Gave excellent run out of defense.

Bock is getting better week by week, and is growing in confidence. Was better today on low balls, but needs to work on his contested marks. But at least he was continually moving and presenting, and always looked dangerous.

Schuback encouraging game, and something to work on.

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
I know Schuback is getting a lot of rookie votes, but I thought Bock and Hentschell both had fantastic games today.

Bock is getting better week by week, and is growing in confidence. Was better today on low balls, but needs to work on his contested marks. But at least he was continually moving and presenting, and always looked dangerous.

Schuback encouraging game, and something to work on.
And who says we haven't got good youngsters coming through??????

Hentschel, Schuback, Bock, Jericho, Reilly and Watts are a pretty good bunch considering the pick they were picked up with.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
And who says we haven't got good youngsters coming through??????

Hentschel, Schuback, Bock, Jericho, Reilly and Watts are a pretty good bunch considering the pick they were picked up with.

What is interesting Stiffy, is that if we roll back the clock only as far back as the beginning of season 2003, wasn't the general consensus of opinion that the most promising junior was Rutten from Mattner?

Rutten could well be delisted at the end of this year, and Mattner hasn't come along as much as was originally thought - although well done to him on his game today.

The face of footy changes quickly.

Originally posted by macca23
What is interesting Stiffy, is that if we roll back the clock only as far back as the beginning of season 2003, wasn't the general consensus of opinion that the most promising junior was Rutten from Mattner?

Rutten could well be delisted at the end of this year, and Mattner hasn't come along as much as was originally thought - although well done to him on his game today.

The difference being Hentschel, Schuback, Bock, Jericho and Reilly proving the can cut it at AFL level. Sure, they haven't set the world on fire but they've all been solid and showed a lot of promise.

Originally posted by macca23

Still time for it but I am still dirty on club telling us a couple of porkies with their worth as far as draft picks go.

Mattner has been OK but lets keep it in perspective a bit. He has a LONG way to go to become a regular AFL player.

Rutten should be given a go soon.

Of the "fab 3", Bock has pleasently surprised me over the last couple of weeks.

One thing is certain, we need some young blood in the midfield. I reckon a couple of years of rebuilding made up of clever trading and drafting can see us up there again.

Still time for it but I am still dirty on club telling us a couple of porkies with their worth as far as draft picks go.

Mattner has been OK but lets keep it in perspective a bit. He has a LONG way to go to become a regular AFL player.

One thing is certain, we need some young blood in the midfield. I reckon a couple of years of rebuilding made up of clever trading and drafting can see us up there again.
The way shcubackj played today, well he could be taught the on ball trade?
he's certianly got the speed, aggresion and desire! bigger engine needed but thats something to aspire to?
what do you recon

Most juniors are up & down until they establish themselves in the side & like you have been pleasantly surprised by the form of Bock.

Stiffy, you are wrong on Mattner (doesn't happen very often though
:) ) as i have said before, give me someone who is prepared to back himself & run the line any day & young Mattner is definitely not short in doing that, he might get caught or turn the ball over now & again but even that will improve with time & is surely worth his place in the side.

Like the way young Schuback can kick long "DOWN THE CORRIDOR"

Agree, Wayne. I think its a sign of how far Hentschel has come on, given that we now expect him to play solid games rather than hoping he won't make rookie mistakes. That's the way I feel anyway.

(Although I gave my rookie vote to Shuey as he was excellent for his first AFL game on 2004).

Originally posted by McLeod23
Agree, Wayne. I think its a sign of how far Hentschel has come on, given that we now expect him to play solid games rather than hoping he won't make rookie mistakes. That's the way I feel anyway.

(Although I gave my rookie vote to Shuey as he was excellent for his first AFL game on 2004).
Whats impressing me about Hentschell is his agility and small turning circle, which for a tall player gets him out of a lot of situations, and most tall opponents can't get to him.

Once he's got the ball, he makes very smart decisions:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats impressing me about Hentschell is his agility and small turning circle, which for a tall player gets him out of a lot of situations, and most tall opponents can't get to him.

He made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he has been very solid this year. As McLeod said we hav enow come to expect him to be solid week in week out and not make rookie mistakes.

Hentschel will be a lot better player in a couple of years time. He will be a gun ;)

AFC obviously have faith in Trent given he is taking many of the kickouts, even with Hart now back in the side. It helps when we have defenders such as Trent & Benny who are cool under pressure, as well as giving us run out of defence. What a difference Benny has made to our defence since he has returned from injury - I can even put up with that haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back