Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Melbourne > 30 pts

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You watching the same game. BG dominated around the ground. And put 1 one the scoreboard. Grundy is clearly top 3 player ATM in the comp. Ignorance makes alot of people feel better when the pies are flying.

Unlike yourself champ, I had no dog in the fight.

The commentators all said Gawn was better.

I reckon that Grundy would be in the top 5 or 6 players in the comp.
But unlike yourself, that doesn't stop me from saying he was beaten on the day.

Gawn pulled Grundys pants down today let’s be real

Gawn won the battle but Grundy was clearly hampered by a neck injury and almost didn't play. When Bucks brings that up at the conference you can believe it. He's not prone to hyperbole and excuse making.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a symptom of the pies pressure and everyone else at the dees being genuinely crap.
10 clearances 5 inside 50s gawn tried his hardest today, Melbourne would be genuine dross without him.
And grundys goal came from a dubious free kick did it not.

You blokes put on a clinic today no need to get cranky because one melbourne bloke had a good game.

Clinic? And "Pies are flying"? Sure you haven't been watching the pies 2018 replays?

Hardly a clinic, smashed in clearances and stoppages. We only managed to win by pressuring their transition ball which they largely helped us do anyway and then burn em the other way.

Even then they managed to move the ball well at times only to fall down I50, tbh we were lucky to win............ we play cats, giants, tiges or eagles like that we lose by 12 goals.

Clinic? And "Pies are flying"? Sure you haven't been watching the pies 2018 replays?

Hardly a clinic, smashed in clearances and stoppages. We only managed to win by pressuring their transition ball which they largely helped us do anyway and then burn em the other way.

Even then they managed to move the ball well at times only to fall down I50, tbh we were lucky to win............ we play cats, giants, tiges or eagles like that we lose by 12 goals.

Can't just take a compliment without throwing in a cheap shot can you.

You blokes did what was required, as another pies poster said it was workman like, Melbourne were never going to trouble you and it always looked like you had another gear if they did step up and anything they threw at you could be covered.

If you play a good team yesterday you step up that gear, there is no point spending all your tickets beating a team like Melbourne.

This went completely under the radar yesterday, but when Frost was ruled out of the game, Buckley deliberately took advantage of it and abused the rotations. We had 71/90 at 3/4 time.
Smart coaching that no one in the media took note of

Can't just take a compliment without throwing in a cheap shot can you.

You blokes did what was required, as another pies poster said it was workman like, Melbourne were never going to trouble you and it always looked like you had another gear if they did step up and anything they threw at you could be covered.

If you play a good team yesterday you step up that gear, there is no point spending all your tickets beating a team like Melbourne.
I honestly don't see any cheap shots in the post.

I agree with Carringbush, Melbourne helped with our pressure.

Collingwood are no-where near where they need to be to beat a Geelong or West Coast at their best.

And you think we have gears, what happened last week?

We were shocking. Yet I can’t help but think what would’ve happened if McDonald kicked that goal, but in true Demons fashion, when the heat was on, he missed.
ball goes back to the middle, you win the clearance, you turn it over at half forward, we rebound, Stephenson all by himself at half forward, he misses.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 12: Collingwood v Melbourne, 3:20pm AEST, MCG

Back