Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Geelong > 30 pts

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played Geelong. Outplayed Hawthorn all game and deserved to win. Rohan was the difference up forward. I’ve been impressed with the improvement of O’Connor and Henry looks to be a lot better then last year.
You're back. The bitter 2018 version gone.
Round 18 will be a cracker no doubt.

If we had a dominant ruck we'd probably cream you. If you didn't have suspect bookends probably would do the same.
No Bews or Tuohy and young MOC steps up and bathes Breust. No mean feat.

Got to say, as I have been, for many years on BF , the free kick calling and set up is terrible in our game now.
Not just for Hawthorn and of course Dangermouse , who gets his frees regularly. heh heh!

But seriously Hawks v Geelong I saw a stack of dodgys', and for both sides, but with the free kick and the scores from them, something needs to be changed back to some sense.
I thought the frees were reasonably even in number terms , not sure, but you are right , there were some confusing ones we got, but you'd have to admit the fifty for Dalhaus first quarter when he went to handball the Hawk on the mark run away from his mark and O'Meara jumped onto the mark , got fifty, now under the rules perhaps that was there?

But under common sense , and fairness, what on earth do you get a fifty mtr penalty, for trying to defend.
When a opposition player looks to play on????
Hence my ravings about some of the goals scored from free kicks, Dalhaus probably would have kicked it anyway.

Geelong had in meritorious play, got the ball too him, fine, why does the defending, create a 50m? T
hat is not what they were meant for?
The first thing into my head, first Goal Geelong gets , a free fifty right in front.

Its not about Geelong or Hawthorn , its about our game? And its everywhere!
The rule is very clear and everyone knows it regarding both play on and man on the mark. Dalhaus didn't move off his line...

While you were on your high horse, why didn't you mention the Roughead free which got him the Hawks first goal. Soft as butter!! But no....I see how you do it.... 'Its not about cats and Hawks.... But... But.... How about that free kick to Geelong'

It's funny how the bleating about umpires quietens down when you get an armchair ride!

The rule is very clear and everyone knows it regarding both play on and man on the mark. Dalhaus didn't move off his line...

While you were on your high horse, why didn't you mention the Roughead free which got him the Hawks first goal. Soft as butter!! But no....I see how you do it.... 'Its not about cats and Hawks.... But... But.... How about that free kick to Geelong'

It's funny how the bleating about umpires quietens down when you get an armchair ride!

Well you be that way mate if you like. I am serious when I talk about the rules and the way things are now interpreted by order of the rule committee , and of course I acknowledge the frees, I truthfully did not remember Roughy's free, but as I said to you, I saw a lot of dodgy frees for both teams.

My kick isn't against you or your club for christ sake I am trying to make a point about the game for all teams and how the rules can be ambiguous and stupidly unfair sometimes. Do you understand that?
I didn't want a fight with a friggin Geelong person.
Geelong were better most of the day, we held out, a 23 point loss considering our outs, is not that bad, and Abblett is a great player, no where near his old man but!
Now why? I would ask who ever the hell you people follow , the question for some things written as rules by AFL these days is not "what was that free for ?"
Then someone explains like you just have about the "RULE IS CLEAR AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT REGARDING PLAY ON AND MAN ON THE MARK" your words, well you see I 'd be asking Why is that a rule, in the first place" Now my friend agree or disagree I couldn't really give a stuff, but my point is not just about Hawthorn or rivalry with Geelong its about the state of the game becoming almost like basket ball with fouls, you getting this?

If you ever read anything I wrote on this forum as I've been saying for years now that the way the rules are called scores will start being made by pedantic umpiring going so far to call puny barely touching infringements that these blokes are trained to the TEE, to call .

Many frees score goals more than ever. And lots of the frees are from infringements that there is no sensible reason to have as a rule'
It disadvantages unfairly a team and some times puts their opponent in front of goal! Been watching this game for many decades , I see this, if you don't then you just like an argument.

I'll try not to go on much more , but you are mistaken about my comments on that game, when I discuss grey rule changes over the last 15 years that is what I am discussing exactly just that .
Not who won and who I can have a shot at.
Its a waste of time and childish. I think I 've praised your side for the win , now all I wanted to do was give an example of one of the many free kicks with extra penalties that render , sometimes, a defender no space or allowance to defend even a reflex action is not ruled out by pedantic umpires.. then free kick
What about accidental touching , falling into players or facing a player and trying to punch the ball away because there is no other option in a given second , THAT'S DEFENDING!!!! The arm punch too ? They call it or they don't,
I saw one of my blokes hit arms and get away with it, this comment I made was about the game of football.

How do you feel if a player . "one of yours " say, accidently turns the wrong way on the boundary hits the ball with the back of his calf out it goes on the full from 60 cm away or less in the turmoil of pressure play, and his opponent gets a free, say if the bastard is 15 metres out and a good shot, HOW IN HELL IS THAT A FREE KICK? , when its easily seen that its an accident .

I see it all the time it is a nonsense that is one of many , a finger tip can get you around the neck even incidental touching in motion that can't be helped and bingo its around the neck, Danger and Selwood are experts , our little pocket battleship Poppy cops a few nice ones doing that, but your two, are works of art at getting free kicks. The numbers for them prove it , only the Eagles might get more frees over the years than anyone else. But we hate them hey?

If you cannot see what I mean about how games now days can be won or lost on ridiculous free kicks, and where backmen sometimes may as well stand and watch because if the punch over the shoulder with nothing else they can do, they will more than likely get free kicked AGAINST, happens all the time, it stops contests, it stops good forwards from developing into big tough forwards!
Who can mark and take pack marks with a big mongrel defender trying to hammer him, now the bloody umpire just about kills the contest, the defender may as well as I said stand and watch.
That is what I have been whinging about, for years, and that is what I was talking about in my post, if you wish me to pat you on your back because your team was better yesterday well pat pat!!!
Don't confuse yourself with thinking everyone makes excuses , knew a Magpie many years ago , the gent is dead now, but if his pies lost you wouldn't see him for a week , he got on his forklift and never spoke to anyone, those people are made of the game of footy and for it.
I have watched this game for over 60 years, yes, since I was a toddler.

I have thought if I raise this point about the rule fiddling with every body maybe those who aren't blind might stand and agree, and perhaps the bleeding AFL might actually get some idea that people are not real happy with free kick free kick free kick, if there is to be a free kick make it a free, for a real infringement, not a bleeding accident.
An accident or some over the top shit, that ruins momentum. Like too many fiftys' for buggar all!

Now if you are a person I haven't seen on here before , nor you me, you will say, shit this bloke carries on, others say it, and my grammar gets corrected all the time too!

But I am really pissed with what our game is becoming with the contest nearly killed, and AFLX looking like the next bit of bullshit this Mclachlan fellow will want as main stream.

Well you bet, I go on and on because footy has been my culture, all my life , probably like all you Aussie rules fanatics on here .

We all have a love hate relationship heh heh , we love hating each other!!

Born and bred in Melbourne live in the west now, but Melbourne is my home , Hawthorn my family all my life.

For several years and on other forums and I have written to my club President, and the club as a whole, about this subject.

No returns, but they are part of the machine, when the public gets shited off, then it is the pocket that might make them think? Gill hopefully.
He's the wrecker, him and Demetriou. Expansion hasn't helped either but they are here now.

So take a look, call me an effing old prick, I've been called worse. But I hate seeing shit get games won and lost sometimes, and it happens!
And it happens to all the 18 clubs, not only Hawthorn, depending on how the umpires are guided each week and they change every week.
And I watch a fair whack of footy.

Footy is a simple game they've nearly f****d it brother.

So you know!

When I comment about things I see , that's what I'm commenting about , and I'm genuine , I don't make it up, its put me off games too often. And I love this game, so if you think you can write a book back at me , get into it , love a debate.

But we should all be complaining about what we the fans consider fair, not what the confusing AFL want to think. We pay the money. This game is too precious to have some bleeding CEO and high paid helpers wreck it!

Remember every week,people on every forum , are complaining about the free kicks, its there, and its spoiling it.

Check out the Herald Sun and silly old Robbo too! Lots of comments. Cats looking pretty good too. But we'll get you sooner or later.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 5: Hawthorn v Geelong, 3:20pm AEST MCG

Back