Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They call that one but ignored a Richmond high fend off in the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a single team luckier than Richmond? Half their team is out, and of all the teams they get this week, it's the one team with even worse injury problems, no ruckman, no forward line, lose Kennedy in the first quarter and the umpires are siding with Richmond.

Last edited:
I know things like zones that restrict players of certain 'positions' going in them has been one idea floated to improve the state of the game... I don't think that would work if only that it would be so hard to officiate. And surely it just complicates an already complicated game.

I don't really want to see further rule changes. The game is already far enough away from what I enjoyed in decades past.

Variations to the interpretation of current rules just creates more confusion and backlash from the fans.

So, the only thing that feels like it could make a difference while making little change to the actual game is to reduce the numbers of players on the field. 16 per side. Interchange to 6 players - capped rotations.

I've resisted the idea of making any change up until this point... But this is goddamn awful.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

Getting sick of these type of matches. To many of them every week now! bunch of fools chasing and fumbling a ball gets boring very quickly. coaches and players need to grow some balls and stop being so conservative and take the bloody game on ffs!

Swans are just trying to not lose it for as long as possible and hope we stuff up for 10mins then pounce. So far it’s mission accomplished but it’s what’s causing this game to be so dull.

what’s that saying from Peter Garrett.. It’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees...
to many teams are living on their knees.

Last edited:
I know the conditions are difficult but this game is putrid.

Concur,

Not sure the rain can be blamed, a very dour spectacle this and the amount of turnovers/missed targets by foot is just laughable.

Related, remember the days when a turnover by handball was such a rare occurrence it would be discussed and replayed several days later?
Whereas it's become so frequent now, it's usually forgotten about minutes later...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Back