Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Tigers v Blues Thurs March 18th 7:25pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of us actually attend games mate and don't get home until 1am. And unlike yourself, we have employment as well. Have a wonderful weekend. Oh, and

View attachment 1080381
Well, there's a thought.

Stay out of thread so you don't come across as a terrible winner, like some of your supporter mates.

Problem is finding enough cases that are like for like enough to rule out all other factors (e.g. umpire position/ability to see the same/equivalent angle).

Yeah, it'd be tricky especially compared to those studies of unconscious bias in referees for home teams. I suppose you could do a simple free kick count, but as has been noted that's not a great measure in footy (i.e. free kick in middle of the ground versus free kick in front of goals).

Well, there's a thought.

Stay out of thread so you don't come across as a terrible winner, like some of your supporter mates.

OR oppo posters don't post like Wayne Kerrs earning the rightful mocking they deserve? There's a thought.

Yeah, it'd be tricky especially compared to those studies of unconscious bias in referees for home teams. I suppose you could do a simple free kick count, but as has been noted that's not a great measure in footy (i.e. free kick in middle of the ground versus free kick in front of goals).

You either go into excruciating detail to find like Vs like comparisons or you use the big numbers and assume (hope) that the value of the frees balances out overall.

I'm really concerned that a number of our players are just not good enough and may never be. They all tease us with little cameo efforts but they make errors in decision & disposal that kills us everytime.

Many people have high expectations for Harry McKay but he keeps making brain-fade decisions (eg. playing on 10m from goal after marking and then getting caught) plus he refused to stick his arms out at full stretch which allowed Balta an easy spoil.

O'Brien drops a sitter of a mark under no pressure whatsoever, recovers the ball and then kicks it straight to an opposition player .... this is completely unacceptable on every level.

If Paddy Dow wants to be taken seriously as a player, then he had to nail that shot in the last from 30m out that would have put us in front.

Pittonet ran under the ball which allowed Lynch to mark unopposed and he goaled from the set shot, that is just rubbish and unforgivable.

The one player that is really worrying me more than anyone else is Docherty, he makes way too many fumbles & bumbles and disposal errors for a player of his experience.

Williamson looked lost for most of the night, Casboult wasn't ready, Jones made some horrible blunders (getting pinged for the deliberate point was a travesty though), Fogarty did not impress me & Setterfield has not kicked on to the level we'd like to see.

Thank god for Walsh, he was the complete 4-quarter player and Weitering was relatively quiet by his standards but did not make an error. It was a shame Silvagni got injured because he was trying his heart out before that.

Our players kept giving one too many handballs and they always came unstuck which let Richmond back in. Also, I'd like to know how many goals we kicked from set shots as opposed to the Tigers, I think you will see that there is a rather big gulf between the two.

I think the 25-point margin flattered us in the end and we are desperate for some of the guys missing tonight to get back into the team.

Disappointed on many levels and feel resigned to another year of "maybe", "what if" and "great potential" being heard.

Well, there's a thought.

So the only people allowed to comment on games after they're concluded is the losers and those who hate the winners?

Imagine waking up and the first thing you do is go through a footy thread (way after the fact) on the internet to gloat about beating Carlton lol
Imagine going on this game day thread and calling the last 3 out of 4 Premiers “average on paper”. If you put your opinion forward then don’t be surprised that people quote it later on whether it is morning or night

I'm really concerned that a number of our players are just not good enough and may never be. They all tease us with little cameo efforts but they make errors in decision & disposal that kills us everytime.

Many people have high expectations for Harry McKay but he keeps making brain-fade decisions (eg. playing on 10m from goal after marking and then getting caught) plus he refused to stick his arms out at full stretch which allowed Balta an easy spoil.

O'Brien drops a sitter of a mark under no pressure whatsoever, recovers the ball and then kicks it straight to an opposition player .... this is completely unacceptable on every level.

If Paddy Dow wants to be taken seriously as a player, then he had to nail that shot in the last from 30m out that would have put us in front.

Pittonet ran under the ball which allowed Lynch to mark unopposed and he goaled from the set shot, that is just rubbish and unforgivable.

The one player that is really worrying me more than anyone else is Docherty, he makes way too many fumbles & bumbles and disposal errors for a player of his experience.

Williamson looked lost for most of the night, Casboult wasn't ready, Jones made some horrible blunders (getting pinged for the deliberate point was a travesty though), Fogarty did not impress me & Setterfield has not kicked on to the level we'd like to see.

Thank god for Walsh, he was the complete 4-quarter player and Weitering was relatively quiet by his standards but did not make an error. It was a shame Silvagni got injured because he was trying his heart out before that.

Our players kept giving one too many handballs and they always came unstuck which let Richmond back in. Also, I'd like to know how many goals we kicked from set shots as opposed to the Tigers, I think you will see that there is a rather big gulf between the two.

I think the 25-point margin flattered us in the end and we are desperate for some of the guys missing tonight to get back into the team.

Disappointed on many levels and feel resigned to another year of "maybe", "what if" and "great potential" being heard.

All BS aside, you're being very harsh on your team. They played fantastic last night. In fact i would say they bullied us in the third quarter. Really good physicality from the blues. And **** you were quick. i think you will have many better days than bad this season.

Great post.

Naturally you're going to be chided by the crayon munchers, but there were some absolute howlers that need some explanation. The most notable was Jones pinged deliberate for clumsily rushing a ball over the line v Nankervis giving up on the play and taking a cautious step over the goal line to concede a point.

Wasn't the difference, but mindnumbing none-the-less.
If you think that Jones didn’t deserve to be pinged for that you’re not in any position to he calling anybody a crayon muncher.

So the only people allowed to comment on games after they're concluded is the losers and those who hate the winners?
No, but I've never seen a group of supporters come into a game day thread the day after to gloat like your mob.

Its unreal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think that Jones didn’t deserve to be pinged for that you’re not in any position to he calling anybody a crayon muncher.
How'd you feel about Nankervis not getting pinged? Must be a crayon muncher to see nothing wrong in that.

All BS aside, you're being very harsh on your team. They played fantastic last night. In fact i would say they bullied us in the third quarter. Really good physicality from the blues. And fu** you were quick. i think you will have many better days than bad this season.

They weren't fantastic at all, they were very good in patches but had way too many passengers. If they all lived up to the hype, we would of run all over you. Instead, we turned the ball over with monotonous ease, failed to lay enough tackles & let your guys get loose all game.

Some of our players are not boys any more, they have been in the system for up to 5-years yet still make the same skill errors and poor decisions they did when they first arrived at the club.

This is the season the supposed experts are suggesting we will be on the rise yet I didn't see enough last night to suggest that is correct. Sure we will beat a handful of the lower ranked teams but it is against the top teams where you earn your stripes.

I genuinely fear we have invested a lot of time & effort into players who are not going to pay off with a winning dividend.

Happy to be wrong but I doubt it.

It's not like they were carbon copies of each other, so without arguing the details, it's quite possible they were both correct decisions.

But even going by your premise....
If you think either of them was wrong, then presumably you consider the other one correct, so at worst it's a 6pt turnaround.

As for a free...look at your first goal.

Carlton had a free, then McKay jumped into Vlastuin and collected him in the head. Now, apart from how the MRP will presumably be looking into it, the free should have been reversed. It wasn't and ended up with a goal to Carlton due to this 'umpiring error'.

Also Carltons last goal should not have been a free to Mackay, Broad never touched him and clearly played the ball.

I'm just wondering what these people complaining about the frees think would have been a fair result, presumably the 25-15 free kick count in favour of Carlton wasn't fair, lol, should it have been 30-12? Would that have been a fairer result?

How'd you feel about Nankervis not getting pinged? Must be a crayon muncher to see nothing wrong in that.
Point out where I said the Nankervis decision was fine.
Thanks

That was a woeful decision and was made incredibly worse by the inconsistency that saw Nankervis not penalised for a similiar thing.
No it was as clear as deliberate can possibly get, if you’ve got 20k posts on a footy forum and you can’t see this you may need to reconsider how you spend your time.
Had plenty of time space and opportunity to keep the ball in play and dish it off but he chose to paddle the ball for 15-20 metres over the goal line.
Absolute stupidity by Jones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Tigers v Blues Thurs March 18th 7:25pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast link in OP!

Back