Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Swans v Tigers Fri May 27th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So just deliberately stand 15m over the mark for a kick after the siren? Or tackle the kicker as he runs in? Throw a mouth guard or shoe at the kicker?

Still no 50m because it is after the siren?
Didn’t make the rules.
Just going on what has been said in public.

How about the AFL answer why this one was sent upstairs and the one earlier in the year was “I can’t pay it as it’s after the siren”?!?

Nope. According to the AFL laws handbook, the umpires must acknowledge they heard the siren by blowing the whistle and holding both arms above their head:
They have to do that, but the game 'ends' when they hear the siren. So if this happens, in order:

Ball kicked.
Siren heard by umpire.
Ball marked
Umpire blows whistle and raises hands.

The mark will not be paid. The umpire will often emphasise this by waving their arms across their body after they have called time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great game! well done buddy. still doing it.
gotta luv buddy kicks 5 to drag his side over the line and after the game says to richo

can't remember the scuffle with cotch

can't remember warner kicking it into the crowd
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
richo looked at him like a stunned mullet, but knew exactly where bud was comin from :p

So you don't have to stand on the mark for a shot after the siren? You can run over the mark in a shot after the siren? Not even let them take a kick because you can't give away 50 so why not just tackle them.
Of course it can be paid 50
No it can’t.
Or do you think the comments from an ump “live” in game are wrong?!?

Either way, we are guessing..,,at least I have history of a similar situation on my side. What do you have except logic ?!? ;)

The siren had gone. By the time the umpire had lined him up etc everyone would be back. You technically have a point but it is clutching at straws big time. It was further than 60. He wasn't getting close.
Remote yes, possible, also yes.
and getting the ball back with so much chaos in that moment could also EASILY lead to an infringement 50m - which must still be able to be paid.

Didn’t make the rules.
Just going on what has been said in public.

How about the AFL answer why this one was sent upstairs and the one earlier in the year was “I can’t pay it as it’s after the siren”?!?
There was a stop in play and Richmond players demonstrated dissent so I'd be filthy if I was swans fan, should have had a free reversed and a free after the siren.

Not a 50m. You are allowed to kick the ball away after a free kick as long as the umpire hasn’t announced which way the free kick is going (the umpire only said free kick Richmond after the kick into the stands).

This happens 20 times a game and is not paid. Can’t believe this hasn’t been picked up yet.
Why did it happen to Bolton the last two weeks in a row then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Swans v Tigers Fri May 27th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Back