Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre how De Goey could not get back onto the field. Easily the best player on the ground and spent the final 8 minutes on the bench.

Almost decided the outcome of the game but Tom Mitchell was huge in those last few minutes.

i shouldn't have but I'd almost forgotten how much a Pies win hurts the supporters of the crap teams. Its a beautiful thing :) There is the potential for us to inflict great harm next week :)
Don't worry you'll be crap again one day. It only takes one bad decision and that's it. Enjoy the good times while the last. They never last forever

The 2 obvious ones to the Giants were the Green and Idum highs. Greens one maybe as his knee was bent but I feel like he didn't duck should have been paid.

But it certainly went both ways.
Yep think greene contributed to it, but still should have been paid, as they regularly do in normal season. Thought Moore deserved a pretty obvious high free kick also. But don’t think the umps impacted on the result.

Jeremy Howe is the GOAT! :):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was kinda hoping Collingwood got through anyway, but geez, GWS were extremely hard done-by with the umpiring in the last qtr.
I don't think it was any sort of conspiracy, but the umpires 'put the whistle away' and we seemed to benefit more than GWS on the whole. Not all of these are clear-cut and there were a couple the other way, but in a one-point outcome, you'd have to say it had an impact.
This was one summary of some contentious ones for those wondering what some neutrals are pointing to, I didn't notice some of these in the moment.

Disgraceful how many players * up because they cant kick with their opposite foot.

Coaches should hang their heads in shame.

If they get onto an AFL list with no opposite foot, it's pretty much too late. They'd probably be able to develop it enough to get themselves out of trouble but not much else.

You need to start when you're 6-8 years old.

Last edited:
Injured I’ve heard
Sprinted around after the siren, looked fine.
Think the ball was just over the other side of the ground for most of that time, but might have missed something.

Yet the "VFL" didn't want to ensure a Collingwood grand final in 2019 and 2022 when we lost by a point and 4 points to interstate teams? That's very puzzling. Just on a whim they felt they needed a Collingwood GF in 2023. Got it.

They wanted a Pies GF those years too. They just weren't up to the job.

Sprinted around after the siren, looked fine.
Think the ball was just over the other side of the ground for most of that time, but might have missed something.
Don't worry about De Goey, he is fine, it's just Carlton supporters doing the injury thing they love so much, it's either "look at all our injuries" or hoping for injuries to oppo players.

Do we need to get the receipts and go back to last years finals threads?
Do you think Pies fans were chivalrous in defeat do you? LMFAO, spoiler alert, they &$)(ing weren’t!
Yeah, it was our own side that lost.

You lot aren’t even involved and acting like Collingwood and the AFL have some under the table agreement 😂

If the umpiring was so bad, find me one Giants poster whinging about it post game like these so called ‘neutrals’.

I love the salt on BF, it’s beautiful.

I don't think it was any sort of conspiracy, but the umpires 'put the whistle away' and we seemed to benefit more than GWS on the whole. Not all of these are clear-cut and there were a couple the other way, but in a one-point outcome, you'd have to say it had an impact.
This was one summary of some contentious ones for those wondering what some neutrals are pointing to, I didn't notice some of these in the moment.

What's the old saying - never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - but I almost hope the umps were paid off or else they're the stupidest piss weak campaigners in the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back