Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The stakes are huge tomorrow. Fair dues to the Pies on reaching a grand final, but my god if we beat the Lions then number seventeen is ours.:D

If the Lions win, then that'll bring back nightmares of 2002 and 2003 for the Pies fans!

They may have a problem winning them, but you can't fault Collingwood for their ability to make grand finals to be fair.
Nightmare?
Just remind me how many of our guys played in that game?

Our only nightmare is injuries- from players falling off the stage while celebrating the GF win.

Your right - not much resale value in your talls (Moore aside).

Now we’ve got to get our job done to bring forth Armageddon.

Will Curnow finally stand up in a final today? Will he continue his 1 goal finals average. Will his opponent be his teams best on ground for the 4th week in a row. Can he kick goals without free kicks? If Curnow can deliver then the Blues can win. Questions must be answered by him today.

As a Collingwood supporter, you’ll disagree, but the AFL stuffed up the scheduling for this match this week.

The NRL had their prelim final schedule announced prior to Week 2 finals being decided. Penrith had Friday night, Brisbane Broncos Saturday night.

Not only did they give the Giants a 6-day break, but the AFL pitted their match directly against the Panthers, a club from the large region the Giants are attempting to reach. It’s already hard enough for the Giants to penetrate this region given this Penrith side are the most dominant team in the modern NRL era. Not many of them would’ve watched that Giants effort last night.

And Tonight, the Lions and Broncos matches will be overlapping too. An own goal from the AFL in promoting the game in these markets.

NRL have dropped the ball themselves though. Tonight’s match won’t begin in New Zealand until 10pm, limiting the potential for kids to watch the Wahs in their prelim.
No Collingwood finished top and won the qualifying final. We earned the right to play in the Friday night prelim and have an 8 day break into a GF

You scored 3 goals in 3 quarters of football. You could at least have scored 10 goals! Look, terrible is probably a bit strong. But you're not being fair dinkum if you didn't want that to open up more. The last 2 minutes was basically Rugby union. Just not calling any frees at all when they're clearly there just ruined the spectacle. It's another game where you could tune into the last 5 minutes and not have missed much.
Stick to basketball. That was real finals footy. If you don't enjoy it that's okay but the 97 k at the ground seemed rather invested and captivated.

Will Curnow finally stand up in a final today? Will he continue his 1 goal finals average. Will his opponent be his teams best on ground for the 4th week in a row. Can he kick goals without free kicks? If Curnow can deliver then the Blues can win. Questions must be answered by him today.
Pretender that bloke

One good thing about Collingwood making the GF is at least I will have a team to barrack against.

I even barracked for West Coast in the 2018 GF and I usually hate West Coast, I will probably even barrack for Carlton if they make the GF.
You make it sound like it’s a novelty, your team has forced you to do that for decades.

No team has a brighter future than GWS.

Where do they lack?

Because they’ve got a number one pick who’s a key forward and two first round picks this year to fix any holes they might have..

An upgrade on Lachie Keefe, someone who can ruck 5 mins and make contests. Lloyd has retired and we struggled across half fwd last night but maybe Cadman can play a higher role until he fills out, may be better for him. I think our defence is hard to improve, Connor Idun's final series has been incredible, Whitfield is probably the oldest down there and has still has plenty left.

It was one of the most disgusting disgraceful displays of umpiring I’ve ever seen in a pre lim.

There should be an immediate enquiry and the pies kicked out of the gf.

Giants were robbed
So bitter! The hate is back and that means the Pies are in another GF. Hate away. We win by a point while Giants are gifted two goals with 50m penalties in a tight ,low scoring game.

We lost our previous 2 prelims against Sydney and the Giants by 1point and 4 points. Why didn't the umpires cheat in those games to get the pies into the GF?

The Typical myopic approach.

And I’m sure you’ll also keep accusing the Giants of being a supporter-less club in years to come. Not much is done to help them grow. Yet Collingwood get all the perks, helping them get bigger!
It’s how the finals work the highest ranked team into the preliminary plays Friday night. Collingwood’s preliminary time slot was set in stone two days before the Panthers beat the Wahs

Stick to basketball. That was real finals footy. If you don't enjoy it that's okay but the 97 k at the ground seemed rather invested and captivated.
Cause you're a supporter. And I've never heard a person say they hate games with scoring and flare before. I'm not asking for 200 points, but games with 25-30 goals between both sides are the true classics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause you're a supporter. And I've never heard a person say they hate games with scoring and flare before. I'm not asking for 200 points, but games with 25-30 goals between both sides are the true classics.
That's a ridiculous statement. The two Sydney-Eagles GFs are constantly replayed and regarded as classic grand finals and both were as low scoring as last night.

It was a titanic struggle with everything on the line and every contest mattered.

If that doesn't hold your attention or please you then that's on you.

With McKay and Martin back as alt marking targets he should be able to.

Charlie’s been triple team the last two weeks as our only marking forward - we still got up of course :).

This week he will have a better opportunity to show his wares.

An upgrade on Lachie Keefe, someone who can ruck 5 mins and make contests. Lloyd has retired and we struggled across half fwd last night but maybe Cadman can play a higher role until he fills out, may be better for him. I think our defence is hard to improve, Connor Idun's final series has been incredible, Whitfield is probably the oldest down there and has still has plenty left.

Cost you the game last night ..was a rabbit in spotlights..

Was a really tough game yesterday. Both sides really cracked in. It’s rare that I enjoy low-scoring games, but I enjoyed watching this one.

Happy for McRae

The pain and hurt on show in here by non Collingwood supporters is a beautiful thing. It is eating at them. Most of the hurt is coming from supporters whose teams were too insipid to make it.
Go Pies. Paint the Town Black and White.
We’re just waiting for the inevitable Collingwood grand final heartbreak. More fun watching you lose a grand final than a prelim anyway.
You know it’s gonna happen again, I know you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back