Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Demons v Freo Sat May 27th 2:10pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy was out for nearly the whole game.
Melbourne have adequate back up mids. Gawn and Grundy couldn’t get it done v Jackson.
Petracca isn’t the same player. Looks ordinary lately
Yeah I saw Darcy go down but Harmes is not Oliver and it showed. Petracca is way down on form. Jackson stood up against 2 quality rucks which was impressive.

You haven't wasted it yet but looks like you will. Definately a once in a generation list, arguably the best team in the AFL and Melbourne looks like blowing it away.
I wouldn't call it a once in a generation list. They have a very good midfield core but the forward line is very ordinary outside of Fritsch. Even the backline isn't what you call great.

They are pretty much all midfield and not much else. Until they can get more service out of there forwards not named Fritsch, they are not going anywhere near winning a flag.

Yeah I saw Darcy go down but Harmes is not Oliver and it showed. Petracca is way down on form. Jackson stood up against 2 quality rucks which was impressive.
Petracca hasn’t been as dominant as he can be, but he had the most disposals (30) and score involvements (10) on the ground. He’s leading the league in score involvements part way through the round. He’s still been effective.

Petracca is nowhere near the biggest problem Melbourne have.

Stubbornness in the coaching box is the biggest problem.

Good win although Oliver was out. Dee's form isn't looking too flash last few weeks. Amiss is a gun and the new guys funnily enough now look more comfortable in the game plan. Funny how O'Meara and Jackson look better after 9 or 10 games.

Takes time same thing happened with Dunkley Ashcroft Gunston etc at the Lions. Now a well oiled machine

Petracca hasn’t been as dominant as he can be, but he had the most disposals (30) and score involvements (10) on the ground. He’s leading the league in score involvements part way through the round. He’s still been effective.

Petracca is nowhere near the biggest problem Melbourne have.

Stubbornness in the coaching box is the biggest problem.
Just looks like he is not impacting as much. Agree that the whole group looks down on it's output though. Obviously missing Oliver for the first time in a while doesn't help. Ball use was poor particularly in the F50 too many turnovers.

I think some guys in Casey have started to go past Viney and its time to get some games into a couple of youth. They were happy to sit Nathan Jones in Casey at the same point in Viney's career.

I think some guys in Casey have started to go past Viney and its time to get some games into a couple of youth. They were happy to sit Nathan Jones in Casey at the same point in Viney's career.
He still has value in belting blokes off the ball while being lauded for toughness, imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven't wasted it yet but looks like you will. Definately a once in a generation list, arguably the best team in the AFL and Melbourne looks like blowing it away.
Absolutely wasted it. We never addressed the forward line issue after last year. That’s just one issue. But predominantly it’s the way we continually enter our 50 in terms of how and where we kick it, and also our skill level for our midfield. It’s not particularly polished.

We are one paced and getting predictable.

Yea amazing considering (unlike Carlton) your list is genuinely good.

Really not sure what’s going on , your defence is real good /mids awesome ,still issues in attack but it’s not like you don’t have some serious weapons down there.

Goodwin gives me mark Thompson vibes
We definitely don’t have weapons in attack. Fritsch isn’t a key forward, he is a medium sized forward that’s doing the job exceptionally well with not much help. Mids are vanilla. Petracca is falling into the ‘potential star’ player, and he’ll probably get there, but isn’t leading our midfield at the moment.

McDonald is finished, Brown perennially injured, and Van Rooyen a kid. We went out and got Grundy, FFS. We needed a key forward, we desperately do. I’d make a play for Jack Darling to be honest, and I’d be offering heaps to Himmelberg to come down.

Thompson at least won two flags.

Trash in that we have a great list and should be adding to our trophy cabinet beyond 2021, but we are playing like Carlton with a coach like Carlton.

I think your selling the Dees opponents short the past 2 weeks, Port and Freo seem to have improved significantly this season, and are hard to beat, home or away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Demons v Freo Sat May 27th 2:10pm AEST (MCG)

Back