Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Crows v Swans Sat Aug 19th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Swans by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He should lose his job, pretty simple. He could've just reviewed it. No reason not to. I'm sorry you've had to be a freo fan though, tough break.
Dropped - maybe.
Lose his job - nah.

Correct.

"The Arc" is an absolute crock of s**t and whoever is operating that is absolutely kidding themselves. Calling that tech "hawkeye" is making an absolute mockery of tennis.

We get 3 cameras > 200m apart trying to zoom into to pixelated, blurry rubbish and claim that it's the same precision as the tennis tech. Hilarious.

I’m trained In cameras (tho never went into broadcast) and I’ve been calling it out for ages now.

To understand what the issue is in layman’s terms as best I can (someone who works in broadcast could probably explain it even better) I’m also rusty as hell with my info.

Definition (this is the information on the screen) the more info the more fine detail, lower info is lower detail) when you want to zoom into something you want higher than your output

Ie if you’re outputting in 1080p or 4K you want considerably higher than that to zoom into, otherwise you’re just getting that minecraft effect where you’re enlarging pixels

Frame rate - cameras are not really recording moving images, they’re in simplistic terms just a lot of pictures, like the flip books we made in school. And as such there’s actually missing frames in every single piece of footage we watch. The less frames the more we’re missing.

When you watch anything in slo motion you’re watching something that was recorded In much higher frame rate so they could slow it down.

Slowing down 24 or 48 fps achieves shit **** all.

Now, keeping that in mind is the afl recording the goal line stuff with this in mind?

Obviously not. They’re doing it with their broadcast cameras, and not utilising what they need to accurately zoom or slo down the footage.

It is strange that it’s not even used on goal line cameras that are strictly for that purpose?

Now the people who work in the broadcasts aren’t idiots, they know this and would have pointed this out day 1.

The only reasonable explanation is the afl doesn’t want to spend the money.

Clear gap between ball and post on front on view before it gets lost behind the padding, by which time its behind the line by at least a foot or two.

AFL calling an emergency meeting as we speak trying to find a way to gloss over this and sweep it under the carpet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta laugh, clearly a goal, how are the AFL going to spin this
Swans player apparently hit the post with his hand.

Need to review those.

Unbelievable incompetence by the clown show at AFL.

but there's no evidence to justify the umpires call. he's heard the slap of the post from a sydney player and paid it a point.
This is the flaw (of many flaws) in the system the umpire unfortunately has to make a decision. If the umpire can say I'm not sure check the replay then on review the third umpire probably calls a goal but unfortunately it's not the case umpire has to make a decision and they called a behind. IMO I think it's too close to overturn but yes I could be wrong, I've just never said seen something so close overturned.

And there are still idiots that think bad umpiring doesn’t affect results.

It is basically a weekly occurrence at this point
I mean you may be right, but outside of their own fans, is anyone really mourning Adelaide not making finals? They're not relevant enough to care about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Crows v Swans Sat Aug 19th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Back