Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Bombers v Crows Fri July 19th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He wouldn't be starting in the midfield, I guess a decent forward/mid option sure but I think with Adelaide he can "shine" a bit more than if he was at Brisbane.
He plays that forward mid role at Adelaide, which seems to be his place.
Not sure if he didn't get along with the coaches at Brisbane, or was too comfortable at home, but the move did him well.

Reckon Ben Mckay's sportsbet account should be investigated, campaigner was just handing out goals.
"Here you go Keays, have the ball in front of goal, there you go son, whoopsadaisy!!!"

He plays that forward mid role at Adelaide, which seems to be his place.
Not sure if he didn't get along with the coaches at Brisbane, or was too comfortable at home, but the move did him well.
He definitely was liked at the club, simply just got delisted as he couldn't get a game. He gave Fagan a hug at the end of the Lions/Crows game.

Massive credit to him to take that second chance and not let it go. I always felt he was a bit hard done by at the Lions to get dropped but his timing was rotten as we ascended back up the ladder when his contract ran out.

Seems a good guy, I like him and I'm glad his career has turned into something at Adelaide. I think he'd get a spot in our forward line and make a decent mid rotate option as well but it's not a position we're crying out for anyway.

Funny how we always get screwed against Hawthorn in umpires
You guys got screwed massively in the 2012 prelim as well.

Fascinating that Brisbane delisted him. Spectacularly bad decision.
Averaged 13-15 disposals as a small midfielder and couldn't get a game as he was behind quite a few players.

Not sure how you want to reach to "spectacularly bad decision". Even though I wasn't a fan of the delisting and felt he could benefit with more time, I can see how/why it was made.

He definitely was liked at the club, simply just got delisted as he couldn't get a game. He gave Fagan a hug at the end of the Lions/Crows game.

Massive credit to him to take that second chance and not let it go. I always felt he was a bit hard done by at the Lions to get dropped but his timing was rotten as we ascended back up the ladder when his contract ran out.

Seems a good guy, I like him and I'm glad his career has turned into something at Adelaide. I think he'd get a spot in our forward line and make a decent mid rotate option as well but it's not a position we're crying out for anyway.
Yep, sometimes it takes a second chance for players to click. I have no doubt that the players and staff at Brisbane are stoked that he is playing well.

I remember the game

Round 5, 2016

Adelaide Crows babies were sooking after Paul Puopolo kicked his 5th goal from a obvious free kick with a minute left. #freekickhawthorn... Of course, all the so-called "neutrals" watching that night were obviously "neutral" after seeing the Hawks win the 3 successive premierships :$

Crows fans weren't embarrassing in the slightest the way they carried on about Puopolo getting this free kick...

I was talking about the 2012 prelim, but I can understand the confusion given you were gifted so many wins over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys got screwed massively in the 2012 prelim as well.

Just laughable umpiring. That was a complete fix, I paid my money thinking I was attending as an equal supporter of an AFL team and flew over to watch that absolute stitch up. What a naive fool I was.

Watching those lowlights you can see about half their goals came as a result of free kicks 😂

A part of my love for AFL Footy died that day.

Last edited:
Why?

A good offensive game doesn’t change the consistency over the whole season. I said he was a good offensive player and he showed that in moments last night. There were numerous poor efforts again throughout the course of the game.

A couple of good moments doesn’t change what I said that and it will have to improve considerably for him to live up to the player he thinks he is.
He had 12 disposals, 7 score involvements, 3 goals, 21 pressure acts and 3 tackles inside 50, in what world is any of that poor offensively or defensively? There is just a weird obsession with putting a microscope over anything he does defensively or in the contest since our earlier Essendon game, when in reality he’s still putting together a decent season for a 3rd year player in a half forward role.

He had 12 disposals, 7 score involvements, 3 goals, 21 pressure acts and 3 tackles inside 50, in what world is any of that poor offensively or defensively? There is just a weird obsession with putting a microscope over anything he does defensively or in the contest since our earlier Essendon game, when in reality he’s still putting together a decent season for a 3rd year player in a half forward role.
Look you can point to stats as much as you like but if you look at your own boards thread on Rachele, it’s clear there are plenty of Crows supporters that share the same sentiments.

He’s a third year player and has the chance to improve but it doesn’t mean they aren’t valid criticisms right now.

Look you can point to stats as much as you like but if you look at your own boards thread on Rachele, it’s clear there are plenty of Crows supporters that share the same sentiments.

He’s a third year player and has the chance to improve but it doesn’t mean they aren’t valid criticisms right now.
I’ll point to stats as they accurately reflect his game last night, which was very good. He was once again very important in our ability to score last night and last time I checked, that’s important to win games of footy. There are a very small percentage on our board that also have this weird obsession, but they are a minority.

We have another medium forward in Murphy who hits every contest with 100% speed, but he’s also shit offensively. Ben Keays has the perfect blend now, but he’s also 5 years older than Rachele.

Rachele is tracking just fine and I’m glad to have a special talent on our list for the next 6 years at least.

There are moments in games where he needs to get better, but there’s this gross hyper-fixation on everything he does, and that includes from our own supporters.

The stats are relevant because they show that he is actually bringing a lot to the game defensively.

He’s put together a very good year for a half forward, yet all the talk in the media is negative about him.

It’s the same tall poppy syndrome that causes people to point towards the few negative moments Daicos has instead of talking about his overall phenomenal body of work.

There are moments in games where he needs to get better, but there’s this gross hyper-fixation on everything he does, and that includes from our own supporters.

The stats are relevant because they show that he is actually bringing a lot to the game defensively.

He’s put together a very good year for a half forward, yet all the talk in the media is negative about him.

It’s the same tall poppy syndrome that causes people to point towards the few negative moments Daicos has instead of talking about his overall phenomenal body of work.
It's a funny one, it looks like Rachelle has developed a lot physically even from the start of the season. I would like to see him spending more time at clearances, but i'd say his numbers aren't vastly different to someone like Petracca at the same stage of their careers...

It's a funny one, it looks like Rachelle has developed a lot physically even from the start of the season. I would like to see him spending more time at clearances, but i'd say his numbers aren't vastly different to someone like Petracca at the same stage of their careers...

I think he’s more similar to Moore or Greene, both I think could be very good midfielders but are probably more valuable as forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Bombers v Crows Fri July 19th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back