Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I don't believe that. Not with all the cheapshots you throw.

Nah. I tipped Freo to make the top 6 in pre season and I tipped them to get within a goal of Carlton a few weeks ago (probably overestimating) so I do have plenty of faith in them.

They were shithouse tonight and deserve criticism. If you don't like hearing that head to the Dockers board. I'm allowed to discuss my second team if I want.

You threw everything (including the umpires) at an undermanned Collingwood side who didn't get out of first gear and you still couldn't get it done.

It's as good as a loss for the Dockers.
I think we're lucky to get the two points. Doesn't really feel like a loss. Why are you so bitter and twisted anyway? I never had you as a Pies supporter.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting situation. The rule is clear: 18.13 (b). But the vibe is not , I wish that umpire was there when Ramped climbed the goal post. The AFL needs to make a definitive statement on how they want the game officiated

18.13(b) does not apply.

If it were to apply, then 18.13(a) would apply as well any time a player throws a ball at the umpire. It’s just shit umpiring by a shit umpire. Simple as that.

Richo with common sense. A draw is a completely valid result. Neither team was good enough to win, stiff s**t.
First sensible thing he came out with all night mind you.

As I've said to my own fellow Freo supporters when they've complained, I pass it onto the Collingwood sooks

Complaining about the umpires is for piss weak individuals who can't hold their players accountable and can't accept their team wasn't good enough to get the win.

Collingwood must be one bad football team if that's all it took to be undefeated against them.
You basically played half a Collingwood reserves side ..at home in front of your purple army of purple people..and never looked like dominating at any stage.

You should be embarrassed to suggest that your awesome side did as best they could and walk away with a draw.

What a joke of a club Freo are.

Mind boggling

It shouldn't be a surprise these draws are happening more often, the umpires try and create close finishes to keep us all watching.

The AFL is almost as scripted as the WWE these days, it's more sports entertainment rather than an actual sport like it used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. I tipped Freo to make the top 6 in pre season and I tipped them to get within a goal of Carlton a few weeks ago (probably overestimating) so I do have plenty of faith in them.

They were shithouse tonight and deserve criticism. If you don't like hearing that head to the Dockers board. I'm allowed to discuss my second team if I want.

No argument with me that Freo was bloody average all night except for the very start and the very end (which isn't good enough).

You gotta take the little wins hey. A point this week. Maybe a goal sometime in the near future!

You said if he kicked a point we would have won. He did.

You said he’s a spud, I pointed out his current return this season is on par with your CHF on a big/expensive deal.

Take your L bro and go to bed.

18.13(b) does not apply.

If it were to apply, then 18.13(a) would apply as well any time a player throws a ball at the umpire. It’s just s**t umpiring by a s**t umpire. Simple as that.
The only rule I can see possibly applied from that list is (d) engages in time wasting, by not handing the umpire the ball directly back.

Not saying it should've been paid or not, just putting it out there. If we want to be really technical with the rules...

I thought the free kick against Sullivan was probably unnecessary but heck it's going to be blown out of proportion. It's really not that hard to give the ball back to the umpire.
Further to this, it's exceedingly harsh if this played into the decision, but you even see Sullivan look at the umpire before giving it to Daicos, which I don't think a single commentator mentioned.

Screenshot_20240524_232107_Gallery.jpg

I slowed down the footage, but I'm guessing there's copyright issues with posting a video.

Needs to be applied consistency and to just randomly pull one out like this is... questionable... but I suspect they were watching closely because Collingwood do tend to try to slow games down in similar fashions quite a bit when it gets close.

Anyone know what rule in the rule book says he must return it directly (to the umpire)?
There's one for returning it to a player who's been paid a mark or free, but can't find anything about an umpire?

I mean it has to be in there, right?
18.13(b)

Tips are for bored office workers standing around the water cooler. Means f all

The only rule I can see possibly applied from that list is (d) engages in time wasting, by not handing the umpire the ball directly back.

Not saying it should've been paid or not, just putting it out there. If we want to be really technical with the rules...

Problem with (d) is that the clock was stopped as soon as the whistle was blown. Paying a free kick for that when the clock is stopped is even more ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Back