Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Cats v Eagles Sat Aug 24th 1:45pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it going to get any better for West Coast next year ?.

Cripps, Darling, Hunt, Kelly, McGovern, Sheed and Yeo all the wrong side of 30 and Barrass out the door.
Half the list 21 or under this year. Next year after the draft more than half the list will be 22 or under.

Unlikely to move up the ladder but theres plenty of potential to do so.

Really need certain roles filled that we are missing, a defensive mid and a ruck being 2 of the main ones

Cripps, Darling, Hunt, Kelly, McGovern, Sheed and Yeo all the wrong side of 30 and Barrass out the door.
Yeah, I don't think things improve much in the short term for this team, unfortunately.
Not a lot of clear long-term players in our current youth brigade, and even with a fully healthy list we are still carrying dead wood in our best 22 at the moment. This bottoming-out feels like trying to chuck a quick u-turn in the QE2.

Because Stewart is one of your better players and him being out gives you next to no chance of making a good push in finals? But again, if being this abrasive gets you off then you do you.

Good fun watching people try to flex their “big brain thinking” on an online forum too. We’ve been in these positions multiple times over our existence and it’s always turned around within 5 years and I have no doubt it’ll be the case once again.
Oh the irony. I wonder what happens when someone like you becomes self aware, but it's probably not something you're going to have to deal with.

Once again I wish West Coast well. Don't mistake me mocking your tantrum as wishing any ill will on your club.

It's certainly good fun watching you writhe, moan and shriek all because a bunch of players wearing the colours you support decided to under perform. I'm sure when something you are actually in control of occurs, you'd be as cool as a cucumber and not the blithering mess you've presented yourself as today.

Oh the irony. I wonder what happens when someone like you becomes self aware, but it's probably not something you're going to have to deal with.

Once again I wish West Coast well. Don't mistake me mocking your tantrum as wishing any ill will on your club.

It's certainly good fun watching you writhe, moan and shriek all because a bunch of players wearing the colours you support decided to under perform. I'm sure when something you are actually in control of occurs, you'd be as cool as a cucumber and not the blithering mess you've presented yourself as today.
Jeez Gramps I didn’t ask for a write up but A+ I guess?

You consistently get on here and shit on opposition supporters and players from games that don’t even involve your own side

Jeez Gramps I didn’t ask for a write up but A+ I guess?

You consistently get on here and shit on opposition supporters and players from games that don’t even involve your own side
Gramps? Nice one. You're managing to outdo yourself with each post, once we wipe away your tears.

Yeah absolutely. I'm constantly belittling, death riding and moaning about AFL players on BigFooty. There are hundreds and hundreds of posts that show exactly that.

Meanwhile, in the land of reality, your hilarious whinging tirades are there for all to see. Live and in colour. Enjoy the off-season.

Goes both ways, our kids have another year in them and improve.

Sheed has given us nothing all year, Cripps and Darling not much more, so I don’t think we’ll be much worse off without them. Kelly and Hunt have been important but are just 29 and 30, wouldn’t expect the drop-off to happen yet. Yeo and Gov are concerns, bit older, bit of injury history, if one or both go down, we could go backwards.

However, Reid and Ginbey will be another year older, Hough is looking good, hopefully Hewitt gets his foot right and it’s adding another high draft pick in the middle. Add Baker, hopefully a canny trade or two, plus whatever high picks we can manufacture. We get the middle right and the backs won’t be under as much pressure. Edwards under less pressure can hopefully hold up as well as Barrass has under absurd pressure.

I would want to see more than five wins next year, maybe 7-9.

This. The possibility of a home final would have been enticing at half time. But thats gone now.
Still would rely on other teams…. We completely S___ the bed last week, you don’t want to be rely on other top 4 teams losing

Yeah, I don't think things improve much in the short term for this team, unfortunately.
Not a lot of clear long-term players in our current youth brigade, and even with a fully healthy list we are still carrying dead wood in our best 22 at the moment. This bottoming-out feels like trying to chuck a quick u-turn in the QE2.

Still, if you are going to have a hard bottom for 2-4 years doing it right now before Tassie comes in is the absolute best timing.

Still would rely on other teams…. We completely S___ the bed last week, you don’t want to be rely on other top 4 teams losing
Understand that. But as you’re already 100 points up at half time, pushing for an extra 6 or so goals in the 2nd half in the hope you might have a home final might have been worth it.

Totally different if the situation was being only 5 goals up at HT. Then manage the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand that. But as you’re already 100 points up at half time, pushing for an extra 6 or so goals in the 2nd half in the hope you might have a home final might have been worth it.

Totally different if the situation was being only 5 goals up at HT. Then manage the game.
Yup, not good enough

I found it interesting that Kelly was by far your most dominant mid, shows the different stages the midfield rebuilds are in.

Long term, you have something to look fwd to and so do we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Cats v Eagles Sat Aug 24th 1:45pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back