Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_6170.png
6th v 7th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
SECOND ELIMINATION FINAL
WESTERN BULLDOGS V HAWTHORN
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 6TH 7:40PM EST (MCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
BULLDOGS
B: T. Duryea, L. Jones, J. O’Donnell
HB: L. Bramble, R. Lobb, B. Dale
C: E. Richards, A. Treloar, B. Williams
HF: J. Ugle-Hagan, A. Naughton, L. McNeil
F: C. Weightman, S. Darcy, L. Vandermeer
FOLL: T. English, M. Bontempelli - C, T. Liberatore

I/C: C. Daniel, J. Freijah, H. Gallagher, J. Harmes, J. Macrae
EMG: A. Jones, B. Khamis, R. West

IN: J. Harmes
OUT: A. Jones (Omitted)

HAWKS
B: J. Sicily - C, S. Frost, J. Impey
HB: M. D’Ambrosio, J. Scrimshaw, F. Maginness
C: C. Macdonald, D. Moore, J. Ward
HF: K. Amon, M. Chol, J. Ginnivan
F: C. Dear, J. Gunston, L. Breust
FOLL: L. Meek, J. Worpel, J. Newcombe

I/C: J. Weddle, H. Morrison, C. Nash, B. Hardwick, N. Watson
EMG: J. Serong, C. Jiath, N. Reeves

IN: J. Ward
OUT: C. Mackenzie (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

finals-fixture-image-2024-fw1-1.jpg
Hawks return to finals
Hawthorn will play its first final in six years tonight at the MCG. The Hawks last taste of September action came against Melbourne in a Semi Final in 2018. Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Jarman Impey, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, James Sicily and James Worpel were the eight current-day Hawks who featured in that game.

Breust eyes off next milestone
Veteran forward Luke Breust needs just two majors to reach 550 career goals. The 33-year-old is also just one game away from becoming the ninth Hawk in the club's storied history to reach the magical 300-game milestone. Earlier this week, Breust and premiership teammate Jack Gunston both inked one-year contract extensions.

Brown and gold back in primetime
Hawthorn will play its first Friday night game in two years tonight. Coincidently, the Hawks last Friday night game came against the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium in 2022. It has been even longer since the Hawks played Friday night footy at the MCG, with the last occasion taking place in 2019 against the Pies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reckon the Dogs will be more finals ready than the young but very impressive Hawks, but I’ll gladly cop my whack if I turn out to be wrong about that.

Anyway this is clearly the pick of the week 1 finals; really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones looking to miss one match for the dump tackle.

Could be the difference maker. The difference between Chol/Dear halving contests and bringing the ball to ground for Watson/Moore/Ginnivan and Jones floating in for intercepts will be huge.

Our midfield will need to get on top to slow down the Dogs entries into F50. If they get fast clearances with the 6-6-6 rule then we are in trouble.

With Jones out I think Hawks will just get on top in a super close match.
If Jones is in, Dogs just.

I'm excited.

Dogs should get over the line in this one.
They a more finals hardened team than us and bat deeper through the middle and their 3 talls may cause us some issues.
This is were hawthorn should be in 2025 or 2026 not this year. Having basically 19 or 20 of our best 22 out there has helped on this hot run where on
This is a final the dogs simply cannot afford to lose, with this supposed mega talented list we keep hearing about to miss top 4 again and go out in week 1 would be an abject failure.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can bring the same intensity and pressure as we did yesterday against GWS then we’ll be fine and will likely win. Anything less than that though and their mosquito fleet will get a run on and knock us out.

If we can bring the same intensity and pressure as we did yesterday against GWS then we’ll be fine and will likely win. Anything less than that though and their mosquito fleet will get a run on and knock us out.

Pressure is going to be the difference for both sides.

We need to pressure your midfield to prevent our undersized backline getting exposed. Need to give our back 6 a chance to intercept and hit you on the counter.

You need to pressure our backline to prevent them from using the full expanse of the ground and exposing the weakness on your wings.

I think a lot more has to go right for us to get the win. Bulldogs theoretically have the easier game plan to execute and when the pressure is on what is simple tends to hold up better. Win the contests and get it to your bigs.

Hawks have only defeated 1 top 8 side in their last 10 games, Carlton. It's a soft lead into finals, with rich x2, freo, wce, nm, coll, so we'll see how they go now they only have top 6 sides to play. Lost their last 2 vs top 6. Dogs had 3 good wins vs top 4 in last 7 games.
Didn't the doggies get rolled by a bottom 4 team recently? ;)

In all seriousness though, should be a cracker of a game!

Anyone for some early crowd predictions?

This will be a pretty good crowd IMO. It should be a reasonably 50/50 split. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see this crack 90,000 for a few reasons.

1). Both clubs playing excellent football with fans from either side hoping for a good finals campaign.
2). Friday night - Genuinely a good timeslot to get to the football with no clashes with local football or weekend events.
3). This might be the only final at the MCG (other than the GF) which might pull a lot of neutral AFL & MCC members to attend given the lack of options to attend finals.

Dogs will flog them unfortunately, be lopsided. Hawks had a good season and some great form, but I think it's been helped by the draw at times, when they went to Geelong they got flogged.

I'd rather the Hawks win, Dogs more likely to win the flag if either did .

Best two teams in except for the teams that all finished above them 😂. Dogs will be out in the semi.

Last edited:
The Hawks have looked brilliant leading up to the finals but apart from whichever opposition they face I think the other legit thing that could get in their way is themselves and the occasion.

Hawks have only defeated 1 top 8 side in their last 10 games, Carlton. It's a soft lead into finals, with rich x2, freo, wce, nm, coll, so we'll see how they go now they only have top 6 sides to play. Lost their last 2 vs top 6. Dogs had 3 good wins vs top 4 in last 7 games.

Fremantle were third when we beat them.
Collingwood were still expecting to play finals when we annihilated them.
Should have beaten GWS after leading all day.

3 defeats since May started. All to teams in the top 4. 2 of those by a collective 3 points.

Dogs will flog them unfortunately, be lopsided. Hawks had a good season and some great form, but I think it's been helped by the draw at times, when they went to Geelong they got flogged.

I'd rather the Hawks win, Dogs more likely to win the flag if either did .

Best two teams in except for the teams that all finished above them 😂. Dogs will be out in the semi.

Yes Geelong flogged us, we had an off day. Geelong are still relevant and very much the real deal.

It wasn't as big a flogging thankfully as the 102 points your team copped recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back