Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a cracker of a game. If both teams bring their best game, I think we still get the win but it'll take all 4 quarters.

If we are slightly off, the small forwards of the Hawks will run rampant and could be the difference.

Doggies to keep the good times rolling and run over the top in the second half with a good win.

Dogs will flog them unfortunately, be lopsided. Hawks had a good season and some great form, but I think it's been helped by the draw at times, when they went to Geelong they got flogged.

I'd rather the Hawks win, Dogs more likely to win the flag if either did .

Best two teams in except for the teams that all finished above them 😂. Dogs will be out in the semi.
This game isn't being held at the shithole kidney bean stadium. It's being played at a ground that has wings for us to run down. That's the last game you can get any insight from.

This game isn't being held at the shithole kidney bean stadium. It's being played at a ground that has wings for us to run down. That's the last game you can get any insight from.
And Sicily, Ginnivan and Dear didn't play

It’s a Friday night game, which I think will suit us. There’ll be a bit of dew around making it a bit harder for the dogs tall forward. If it rains it will be harder again for the dogs tall forwards to capitalise on their height advantage. And you sense guys like Moore, Watson and Breust will dine out.

Also the Dogs game plan is reliant on two things; the output of Bont and the tall forwards to fire and kick straight. Hawks strengths are a little harder to define and negate.

It’s a Friday night game, which I think will suit us. There’ll be a bit of dew around making it a bit harder for the dogs tall forward. If it rains it will be harder again for the dogs tall forwards to capitalise on their height advantage. And you sense guys like Moore, Watson and Breust will dine out.

Also the Dogs game plan is reliant on two things; the output of Bont and the tall forwards to fire and kick straight. Hawks strengths are a little harder to define and negate.
So much wrong with this post. It's obvious you haven't watched the dogs at all.

3 from 3 in the wet ... 8 goals Geelong, 5 goals with 20 more scoring shots against GWS and yesterday which was 37 against GWS with 12 more shots. None of those were accurate at all, we never ever are.

The dogs will relish the wet and the forwards are all good below their knees. It's really not going to matter.

Bulldogs playing at their best should easily account for Hawthorn. But they are so Jekyll and Hyde it's a hard one to tip.
true..
yet hawks are full to the brim with confidence and are the one team in finals that can rise to the occasion.
Going to be a coin toss and a cracking game

The game in Round 8 was a cracker, if that was played now it would be viewed as one of the best games of the year. At the time it was 11th v 17th but the quality was very good. Dogs dominated from clearance that day and we dominated on the outside and from turnover

Probably the most interesting game of the finals. Both teams are in form and the other finalists will be happy that one of them is going home early. Tipping the Dogs just because I think the Hawks might run out of steam.

Also this will be a epic battle of the duckers between Weightman and Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game in Round 8 was a cracker, if that was played now it would be viewed as one of the best games of the year. At the time it was 11th v 17th but the quality was very good. Dogs dominated from clearance that day and we dominated on the outside and from turnover

Frustrating day that one. Hoks broke so many tackles and ran around doing what they wanted. It almost got the coach sacked. I'm hoping we can put in a better effort this time around.

Frustrating day that one. Hoks broke so many tackles and ran around doing what they wanted. It almost got the coach sacked. I'm hoping we can put in a better effort this time around.
Which is how we have played nearly every game since. Because we were 1-6 everyone thought it was because the Dogs were terrible but that was one of our best performances this year apart from being beat up at clearances.

Didn't the doggies get rolled by a bottom 4 team recently? ;)

In all seriousness though, should be a cracker of a game!
Yes. I'm not saying the dogs should win or be favourites, just that it's a new test for the hawks. Not that the hawks haven't been super impressive, but they are going to have to win 4 in a row vs the top 6 including a prelim in sydney. I think the Dogs are more poised to do that, but getting over the hawks is a significant challenge because they match up really well & Sam Mitchell is coaching superbly at the moment. I think this game is the closest to 50/50 of finals week 1 & either side could win by 10 goals.

Liam Jones' 200th game, and first final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back