Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn have purposely targeted high IQ footballers since Sam took over, (we are talking Mensa level). Doggies players heads will be spinning so hard trying to crack the Hawthorn running patterns, that Bevo will be handing out protractors and set squares at quarter time, rather than oranges.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

I know it's a final but why isn't it played at Marvel? I get the AFL wants 95K there but that's not a home ground advantage to the Dogs IMO
The MCG contact deal?
It sucks but it is what it is. It shouldn't be a huge factor.

I know it's a final but why isn't it played at Marvel? I get the AFL wants 95K there but that's not a home ground advantage to the Dogs IMO

I don’t have much of an issue with finals being at the MCG. More fans can get in and you need to win it there anyway.

Would be nice, however, if Marvel tenants were able to play there more during the year, at the moment we play there around the same or fewer times than some interstate clubs. At the moment, it’s only Marvel tenants and the Cats who don’t get a home ground advantage in finals, which seems off. But anytime, anywhere and all that.

In terms of this game, Hawks having more speed/run and a humming small forward fleet seems like an advantage on the big ground. That said, there should be more space for the dogs tall forwards to separate and potentially exploit an undersized backline.

As with most finals, game is probably won or lost in the middle and in the pressure game. Should be a cracker hopefully.

Loving the confidence from both supporter bases for this one.
I'm expecting a massive slog- realistically Doggies should get up based on the more mature team comp.
That being said I reckon the young Hawks will absolutely love playing at the G in a night time do or die match up.

Nash V Bont
Frost V Darcy
Libba V Nuke
Dear V Jones
Dimma V Weightman

There's so many awesome match ups in this one!

Close the thread guys. According to almost every social media page and threads, and the Hawks board. They have already won this game and will smash the Bulldogs.

Glad to know I don't need to buy tickets and can start looking at this year draft crop instead.

Jeez bit early for a tantrum isn't it? Game isn't for a couple of weeks

Although I'm with you, how dare the Hawks board be excited and optimistic, the nerve!

According to Garry Lyon both these teams train their small forwards to draw high free kicks and others should do it. Showed vision of Weightman, Ginnivan and Watson.

So, so salty. Just because the dees are imploding and their best player wants out. Embarrassing from the producer of that show tbh.

Guess what, Garry - one of these teams will be in a semi final with a decent chance to make a prelim. Suck it up.

According to Garry Lyon both these teams train their small forwards to draw high free kicks and others should do it. Showed vision of Weightman, Ginnivan and Watson.

So, so salty. Just because the dees are imploding and their best player wants out. Embarrassing from the producer of that show tbh.

Guess what, Garry - one of these teams will be in a semi final with a decent chance to make a prelim. Suck it up.

Most embarrassing part is that it’s not the first time he’s run with it.

This is about his fourth or fifth crack at having a go at the high free kicks.

Such an intriguing and bard to predict matchup between the 2 in-form teams. As I and others are saying just such a shame only one will make it through. I think Dogs just but who knows.

Ummm, where was the tantrum in my post exactly? Your sarcasm meter broken?

All I did was point out that Hawks fans are talking like the game is already won, and they will smash us.
All I did was sarcastically respond that "thanks for the heads up, I will just start focusing on next year then" Since we have already lost apparently.
Dogs fans are doing the same. Both sides are confident in their team which given the last 3 months form they have every right to

Meanwhile Melbourne aparently train their small forwards to initiate high contact :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks have the best form of anybody, but who have they beaten in the last 3 months? They might struggle this time if the Digs are switched on? I think the winner can play off in the Grand Final!
A team can only win the games that make up their fixture!
It's true the Hawks have beaten only one "current" top eight side since June. But they are a threat to score 100+ points against any opponent at the MCG - and possibly at any other ground as well!
Both the Bulldog & Hawk sides have improved quite a bit since the Hawks won their 2024 matchup - a Bulldog home game in early May.
The Dogs are very capable of beating Hawthorn! And the Hawks are just as capable of beating the Bulldogs!
Both teams won 14 times in 2024. Don't disrespect Hawthorn's 14 victories - the Hawks have won 13 of their last 16 games - losing by more than 2 points only once!
It should be a smashing game!

Loving the confidence from both supporter bases for this one.
I'm expecting a massive slog- realistically Doggies should get up based on the more mature team comp.
That being said I reckon the young Hawks will absolutely love playing at the G in a night time do or die match up.

Nash V Bont
Frost V Darcy
Libba V Nuke
Dear V Jones
Dimma V Weightman

There's so many awesome match ups in this one!
Good luck with that Frosty

It's true the Hawks have beaten only one "current" top eight side since June. But they are a threat to score 100+ points against any opponent at the MCG - and possibly at any other ground as well!
Both the Bulldog & Hawk sides have improved quite a bit since the Hawks won their 2024 matchup - a Bulldog home game in early May.
The Dogs are very capable of beating Hawthorn! And the Hawks are just as capable of beating the Bulldogs!
Both teams won 14 times in 2024. Don't disrespect Hawthorn's 14 victories - the Hawks have won 13 of their last 16 games - losing by more than 2 points only once!
Also on the "can only beat who you play" argument, it's worth noting that Hawthorn have given 4 teams their worst loss of the year in 6 games. They've been almost as impressive as you could be with a seemingly easy fixture.

Did u see him last night. Squirming and looked uncomfortable when asked about Petraca. Loved it.

Hawks might as well kick the ball into space when entering the forward 50.
Lobb plays his best footy against Hawthorn so I imagine he will morph into prime Lake/McGovern and take 30 intercept marks

Yep, it's the game of the finals series and should be a cracker, but the Dogs have the better midfield and forward options. It will take an almighty effort for the Hawks to win. The Dogs are flaky and could put in a shocker and that's the only way i see the Hawks winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back