Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread has more than double the posts of any of the other finals matches. Says a bit about how excited everyone is for it (neutrals included), and rightly so! Great buildup and it should be a ripping game.

Dogs fans forgetting they got smacked by a BOG average Crows side just over a fortnight ago on a ground very similar to MCG dimensions.
The games not at marvel in front of 23k dogs fans.

Hawthorn been playing in front of massive crowds all year.

Can the dogs keep up with the young Hawks?

Can the Hawks handle the big Dogs forwards?

Dogs fans forgetting they got smacked by a BOG average Crows side just over a fortnight ago on a ground very similar to MCG dimensions.

Yeah, you can pluck any game out and if we play like we did against the crows we are gone. I can pluck the cats and GWS games out were we belted both and the hawks lost to both.

The most relevant stat is the head to head were you beat us last time. I believe the reason we lost was turnovers we had 68 and the hawks 48. From memory we had 10 turnovers in our back half that resulted in goals some were from the hawks pressure but most were skill errors. If we do that again we lose if we tidy this area up I think we get the win.

Hawks have a real even spread of contributors and play with a sense of urgency. Impey and Weddle just ran off our forwards last time and attacked, I think we have improved our forward line personnel and retention since then.

Pray that English doesn't have one of his soft games. And we do not have an match up for some of their forwards. If we play Duryea or whoever on Moore, Watson can get free so the answer to that will just be to bring the pressure that we have brought to other top 4 teams to limit their time and space with the ball.

Will be a tough match, probably the hardest match up for us that I could've picked out of anyone in the 8.

Crowd will not be a factor at all despite your preaching.

Ummm, where was the tantrum in my post exactly? Your sarcasm meter broken?

All I did was point out that Hawks fans are talking like the game is already won, and they will smash us.
All I did was sarcastically respond that "thanks for the heads up, I will just start focusing on next year then" Since we have already lost apparently.
You'll be ok

You can make an argument that the Dogs forward line is far more dangerous because of the talls, and you can make the same argument that it's Hawthorn's because of the smalls.

In the end it might just be the midfield battle and who can give their forwards the most supply.

Will Day's possible inclusion and his fitness if selected is massive.

Hawks have a real even spread of contributors and play with a sense of urgency. Impey and Weddle just ran off our forwards last time and attacked, I think we have improved our forward line personnel and retention since then.

Pray that English doesn't have one of his soft games. And we do not have an match up for some of their forwards. If we play Duryea or whoever on Moore, Watson can get free so the answer to that will just be to bring the pressure that we have brought to other top 4 teams to limit their time and space with the ball.

Will be a tough match, probably the hardest match up for us that I could've picked out of anyone in the 8.

Is he finishing up this year? I haven't heard anything on that. I'm sure the Hawks would like to cheer him off the ground if he is retiring, like we did with Shiels last week.

Is he finishing up this year? I haven't heard anything on that. I'm sure the Hawks would like to cheer him off the ground if he is retiring, like we did with Shiels last week.
No nothing like that. If anything he has revived his career, looked cooked at the end of last season.

I just think he is a likely match up.

He’s having a very good season. Shows a lot of leadership down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you can pluck any game out and if we play like we did against the crows we are gone. I can pluck the cats and GWS games out were we belted both and the hawks lost to both.

The most relevant stat is the head to head were you beat us last time. I believe the reason we lost was turnovers we had 68 and the hawks 48. From memory we had 10 turnovers in our back half that resulted in goals some were from the hawks pressure but most were skill errors. If we do that again we lose if we tidy this area up I think we get the win.
We smashed you on turnover while you smashed us on clearances.
We have improved out stoppage game since then but from what I have seen you have also improved your turnover game

TBH he looked cooked at the end of last year but has turned it around and on form gets another year next year.

Lucky for us as we're not flush for small defenders who can lock down an opponent. Personally I'd look to bring another in this upcoming draft/trade period. He's become very important to us.

This one will be a cracker.

The Hawks have been excellent and really finished the season on a high but has it been a soft run and are they not hardened enough for finals like pressure.

The Dogs have been challenged in the past by teams who have good smalls up forward and the Hawks have the best smalls in the business.

Will Day and Adam Treloar both with big health questions and both huge parts of their respective midfields.

So good to see it being the Friday night game.

TBH he looked cooked at the end of last year but has turned it around and on form gets another year next year.

Lucky for us as we're not flush for small defenders who can lock down an opponent. Personally I'd look to bring another in this upcoming draft/trade period. He's become very important to us.
Fair enough he has looked decent enough this year.

Fun fact: if he polls 0 Brownlow votes this year he will take the title of most games without a Brownlow vote from Sydney's Nick Smith

A bit unrelated here but I’m travelling from Tassie for the game and have already booked flights and accommodation, I have a bulldogs membership barcode to access member tickets tomorrow but now I’m freaking out I won’t get any, should I be okay if I’m onto it quick enough? Or is it likely to sell out super quick? Any advice is appreciated

A bit unrelated here but I’m travelling from Tassie for the game and have already booked flights and accommodation, I have a bulldogs membership barcode to access member tickets tomorrow but now I’m freaking out I won’t get any, should I be okay if I’m onto it quick enough? Or is it likely to sell out super quick? Any advice is appreciated
You'll be ok. It's not going to be a "sell out in minutes" deal.

It's a testament to the evenness of the competition that a potential elimination final winner is being talked up as a potential premier. Normally the EFs are the bullshit finals of sides who won't give the premiership a serious shake.

I have a good feeling about Hawthorn - I think they'll win and at least make the grand final. The same can be said for the Bulldogs really, but I think Hawthown have the edge.

Hard to get a read on how this one will play out. Hawthorn, with the exception of Chol and Breust will be unchanged from the two teams previous encounter. Assuming Day gets up. The dogs however will be a vastly different outfit with six changes, assuming they keep the same line up that beat GWS last week.

I've tipped Hawthorn, but the Bulldogs seem to win when their backs are against the wall and drop games where they are favourites. Hawthorn had a terrible start, but are playing like they have nothing to lose.

Who does that favour? The Bulldogs will be under pressure to win at least one final given their list position and the questions around Beveridge's job. Hawthorn didn't expect to play finals - it seems to be a free hit. Does that favour the Bulldogs?

People who seem confident that the winner wins the whole thing are underestimating the difference in advantage between finishing 4th and 5th.
There's a good reason that only once this century a team has won from outside the 4 and that with the bookies, the Dogs and Hawks are 6th and 7th favourite respectively.

Pound for pound I think the bottom 4 of the 8 are as good as the Top 4 but you have to play 4 weeks in a row and likely a couple at least on enemy territory.

Not to be a pessimist but it will probably be a great game but the winner goes out next week to Port/Cats.

In saying that, go Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back