Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we think about the Hawks getting Barrass and Battle to nominate them prior to the finals series?

To me, it could throw up questions from the existing playing group around salaries, positions being taken, etc. Also shows they know they have a real deficiency in defence which couldn’t instill a huge amount of confidence in the backline for the upcoming month of footy.

If things start falling apart in any of the finals, fans and players alike could become guilty of - the “oh well” we’ll get ‘em next year” thought process creeping in. It’s incredibly dangerous.

Get it to ground so we can run them ragged they say, Hokball they worship, yet the clubs actions prove to the playing group they don’t truly believe in this model.

This was Hokballs time to shine, this was a moment for the kids to take all before them and immortalise themselves. The kids have lost the headlines now and the only question being asked is “how good are the Hawks going to be next year?”

It would be different if our final was tomorrow, but it’s not.
Good timing in my opinion. The wider/casual football community will have forgotten about this by Monday.

It’s a double edged sword. Builds a bit of mystique I think - ‘look out, the hawks are coming and they’re only gonna get better’ but at the same time I can see the OP’s point in that the guys who are there doing the job at the moment who logically are going to get better suddenly have some competition for their jobs even as they’re about to play the biggest games of their careers

What do we think about the Hawks getting Barrass and Battle to nominate them prior to the finals series?

To me, it could throw up questions from the existing playing group around salaries, positions being taken, etc. Also shows they know they have a real deficiency in defence which couldn’t instill a huge amount of confidence in the backline for the upcoming month of footy.

If things start falling apart in any of the finals, fans and players alike could become guilty of - the “oh well” we’ll get ‘em next year” thought process creeping in. It’s incredibly dangerous.

Get it to ground so we can run them ragged they say, Hokball they worship, yet the clubs actions prove to the playing group they don’t truly believe in this model.

This was Hokballs time to shine, this was a moment for the kids to take all before them and immortalise themselves. The kids have lost the headlines now and the only question being asked is “how good are the Hawks going to be next year?”
What makes you think it was 'the hawks getting Barass and Battle to nominate'?

Maybe both players were just sick of being asked constantly about their plans for next year.

Maybe, the club was involved, and smartly got both players to nominate this week (when there are no games this weekend) so all of the talk and fuss is out of the way for a strong week of planning and training for the EF the following week.

I doubt very much that the young players in the side would be thinking 'oh, I guess I may as well not try against the dogs now because our team will be even better next year'. What a shitty, defeatist way of thinking.

These kids don't think like that. They think they are good enough to go all the way. They will want to prove that they can do it themselves without Barass and Battle.

If anything, If I was a dogs supporter I would be even more worried than I was before.

Weird that Sicily was talking up next year and the incoming players at a press conference leading into a final. Bulldogs would be loving it.
Really? I know your not a wrap for Hawthorn which I can understand being a North supporter. He was asked one question about Battle yesterday and said yes he would love to see him at the club next year. Thats all he said

So you're saying the pressure is off the kids, and now they've got nothing to lose?

I'm pretty sure of the hundreds of little individual factors that could influence whether a side wins or loses an elimination final, a player announcing that they want to come to Hawthorn during the trade period is very very low.

I'd sooner put X player having Y amount of wheat bix for brekkie as having a greater influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sammy will do a good job of keeping the guys focused and the new guys will have to earn their spot in the team. Next year is a long way off and no point any of the current best 30 worrying about it. It would only be the fringe players that aren’t near getting a game anyway that would be worried.

You're right, Hawks probably only win by 5 goals now.

Should be a post regular season trade period in which teams playing finals can trade for players.
Only from teams that did not make finals...

Sheezel sitting out last 2 games of North would be seen differently..

Why would they be going to Port's party?

Why will port celebrate getting dumped out at home? So no they won't be going there

Dogs will win this. If you look at who the hawks have beaten in their last 9 wins it isn’t too flattering! Crows and tigers twice, eagles, north, freo in Tassie, Carlton who lost 6 players injured during the game and Collingwood who missed finals.
Yeh, we're pretty lucky to get those multiple 60+ points wins! Only just scraped over the line really.

Dogs will win this. If you look at who the hawks have beaten in their last 9 wins it isn’t too flattering! Crows and tigers twice, eagles, north, freo in Tassie, Carlton who lost 6 players injured during the game and Collingwood who missed finals.
Dogs may win however Hawks can only beat who they are scheduled to play. Their form is still impressive and they weren't just beating teams- they thrashed them.

Dogs may win however Hawks can only beat who they are scheduled to play. Their form is still impressive and they weren't just beating teams- they thrashed them.
Dogs’ best wins were more than comfortable. In the end margins don’t really matter.

We match up well against the dogs, beating them in the last 2 games including one at Marvel.

Dogs are playing better than they were in round 8, but so as we. Being at the MCG is a big positive for us, as we play the G very well and the dogs have only played there 4 times in the last 2 years.

Hard game to tip either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back