Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha yes well i was just responding to you criticizing him so I was aware of it. You are making a fool of yourself btw.
We just won a final by 84 points and are into a prelim final after being written off by many for about the 3rd time in the last 5 years, so yeah I'm feeling pretty good. Your clubs biggest achievement in the last 60 years is having Eric Bana as a fan.

We have some of the best celebrity supporters, there is also the late great Shane Warne, Glenn Maxwell and Molly Meldrum.

Just to name a few.

Another moral Premiership for the Mighty Sainters coming up.

You're truly blessed to witness so many of them in your lifetime.

Too many moral premierships to count, we would need to open up another room at Moorabbin just to fit them all in.

We have some of the best celebrity supporters, there is also the late great Shane Warne, Glenn Maxwell and Molly Meldrum.

Just to name a few.

Too many moral premierships to count, we would need to open up another room at Moorabbin just to fit them all in.
I never knew Glen Maxwell is a saints fan. I knew Eric Bana is....

Hawks will belt Port next week
With Port Adelaide being demoralising after this loss, I agree. Even if the dogs beat the hawks, I would back the dogs as well.

I said this to many cats fans on their board. This qualifying final will decide everything. If cats lose to port, cats go out in straight sets.

Cats beat Port, I see the cats win the flag. I am gonna load up on cats for the flag.

Amazing that this Port side tonight beat Dockers in WA and let Carlton in the 8

I'm far from old school, but one of the things I am strong on is that your captain needs to be someone who is able to physically inspire people. Rozee is a very classy player, but I don't know if he is capable of dragging a team with him through sheer will. JHF has the right amount of bravado and FIGJAM that a captain needs, I think if there is a new coach next year he should take over sooner rather then later. The Hawks made a massive call with Mitchell giving it to Hodge, of course not the same situation but it's the kind of brave call that can shape a team.

We played finals last year unlike Geelong but we ran into a red hot GWS team that also beat Port and almost beat Collingwood.

You better hope that Geelong doesn't run into a red hot GWS team in your prelim as they are much more capable of beating you.
Lol “The Aints” the Premiership steamroller.

Oh wait ! 🤣

Yep Amazing this same Port side that played tonight beat us 2 weeks ago
Freo aren't really the ideal team for exploiting Port's flaws. You slice them up through elite ball movement and speed on transition. And you have to be a strong groundball team that exposes them on unpredictable plays.

Freo's chip chip game and then imprecise attempts at putting speed on the ball are things Port can handle.

Your 2009 Norm Smith medallist wouldn't have played if it wasn't for blood injection therapy which was then banned by WADA.

Here is a thread about it from your own board, from memory Stephen Dank was involved with Geelong back then too.

I wouldn't go talking about advantages if I were you.

Poor little boy is sad because the “Aints” didn’t win a Premiership AGAIN (like every other year).

It’s Ok, cuddle up to your Teddy. Ross Lyon will leave again when he destroys your list 👋

That loss to St Kilda cost you a home QF but lucky for the Cats you got to play Port in a QF who are serial chokers in home finals.

We got a harder draw than Geelong due to playing finals last year and we don't have the home ground advantage Geelong has.

We also had more injuries than Geelong earlier in the season, we got our act together later on in the season but it was too late.

The story of StKilda throughout the ages. Always something

Your 2009 Norm Smith medallist wouldn't have played if it wasn't for blood injection therapy which was then banned by WADA.

Here is a thread about it from your own board, from memory Stephen Dank was involved with Geelong back then too.

I wouldn't go talking about advantages if I were you.
You really don’t know things too well do you , never worked for the club and that was legal and signed off by the governing board at the time

Stop being bitter and throwing stupid shit around because you look beyond childish…which is why you’re on my ignore list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really don’t know things too well do you , never worked for the club and that was legal and signed off by the governing board at the time

Stop being bitter and throwing stupid shit around because you look beyond childish…which is why you’re on my ignore list
He’s hilarious, a failing troll, who supports a fail club 👋🤣

I'm far from old school, but one of the things I am strong on is that your captain needs to be someone who is able to physically inspire people. Rozee is a very classy player, but I don't know if he is capable of dragging a team with him through sheer will. JHF has the right amount of bravado and FIGJAM that a captain needs, I think if there is a new coach next year he should take over sooner rather then later. The Hawks made a massive call with Mitchell giving it to Hodge, of course not the same situation but it's the kind of brave call that can shape a team.
I thought JHF was close to their best

A good captain does stih all the time that inspires. That can tend to be running straight and strong with or without ball. I agree with you. They are usually also men of the people.

Though not sure abt HornDog. He's brilliant but too one-way in my opinion. And perhaps too aloof.

Port were very much exposed by Geelong, the 1st half remember was great, Port were playing very well, but Geelong just did not relent, they buried them. I don't think port are as good or as bad as what we think before, after this game.

We got a harder draw than Geelong due to playing finals last year and we don't have the home ground advantage Geelong has.

We also had more injuries than Geelong earlier in the season, we got our act together later on in the season but it was too late.

You’re completely right - St Kilda are the real moral victors in Geelong making its 13th prelim in 18 years.

1. Where else should the Geelong Cats play? Almost like Geelong is in Geelong?

2. You’ve had plenty of free agents. There’s more to it than just picking up good players.
Talent Evaluation and development plays a huge part too…like how you ignored some of the greatest players we ever had who were drafted and developed by Geelong.

3. As opposed to the billion high draft picks you’ve had? We’ve had like 3 top 10 picks in 20 years.
If you can’t find guys outside the top 10, that’s a skill issue.
It's not fair you haven't recruited idiots to your club. #Geelongprivilege

That loss to St Kilda cost you a home QF but lucky for the Cats you got to play Port in a QF who are serial chokers in home finals.

true on Both counts. Saints made finals in 2023. But MCG isnt the Saints home gorund, the docklands is. But saints just had a poor final quarter vs GWS last season.

But the last 2 seasons, there is little difference between the mid table sides. I am not knocking on either the saints or cats.

Last season, As you said, Saints made finals wth 13 wins and 10 losses, 6th with a percentage on 107.8. Giants had a percentage of 107.1.

Geelong finished 12th with 10 wins , 12 losses and a draw. the cats lost a few close games in 2023. The cats in 2023 could of won 2 or 3 more close games and easily would of got a finals spot and even a home elim final.

this year, Saints in the 1st 16 games had 6 wins and 10 losses. Could of been 10 wins and 6 losses from 16 games. Saints finished strong with 5 wins from 7.

Cats got top 4 with 15 wins and 8 losses.

Dockers finished 14th in 2023 with 10 wins and 13 losses.

Demons finished 14th in 2024 with 11 wins and 12 losses.

Again, Last 2 seasons.... Very little gap between 5th to 14th.

Again I am not knocking on either Saints or the cats.

Just to name a few.

I had to look this name up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back