Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Or part of the reason we are where we are. He deserves nothing from us
It's 100% us

We couldn't pay him what he (and Lever) were worth because we were so infatuated with our senior stars who we had to stitch up on long term, huge dollar deals.

He left because we are inept, no other reason.

A touch of the Port Powers about them

Some pretty ordinary types around a star-studded midfield

Cunningham, McInerney, Melican, McLean just triers
Rampe and Parker done
McDonald and Amartey good enough?
Still a bit of a question mark over some of their mids when the game isn't going their way. Gulden especially.

It's 100% us

We couldn't pay him what he (and Lever) were worth because we were so infatuated with our senior stars who we had to stitch up on long term, huge dollar deals.

Wouldn't have happened at Port. They'll turf a senior bloke for the shiny new thing any day.

Its interesting. We all know you have to have a superb midfield to be a contender. Sydney have it but its been an avalanch of inside 50 marks to Brisbane thats killed them as well.
Horse has now lost 4x grand finals by an average of 10 goals... & won 1.

🤣 Every Port supporter praying for bigger blowout. Bahahaha
That record ain't flying nowhere.

images

Still a bit of a question mark over some of their mids when the game isn't going their way. Gulden especially.
Sorry, a lot of the Port Powers about them!

It's 100% us

I wonder how many we missed out on attracting because of Sloane's 4 year big dollars contract that we didn't get anything close to a reasonable return on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or part of the reason we are where we are. He deserves nothing from us

It’s kind of whatever now, it’s been a while and I don’t think he would have enjoyed the camp…

But just for me, I kind of think ok fair enough someone leaves when your bottom 8 or something, that’s the business.

But that everyone works so hard to put together a premiership team, a top 4 team, one that needs to stay up for a while to get the ultimate reward.

The players that walk out on that? Not my favourites.

I guess in the end it’s all business because I’d certainly want our club to go after players in the same position.

To be honest I really don’t wish anybody too much luck beyond their time with us, I don’t really get attached to the players like that.

Takes a fair bit anyway.

It’s kind of whatever now, it’s been a while and I don’t think he would have enjoyed the camp…

But just for me, I kind of think ok fair enough someone leaves when your bottom 8 or something, that’s the business.

But that everyone works so hard to put together a premiership team, a top 4 team, one that needs to stay up for a while to get the ultimate reward.

The players that walk out on that? Not my favourites.

I guess in the end it’s all business because I’d certainly want our club to go after players in the same position.

To be honest I really don’t wish anybody too much luck beyond their time with us, I don’t really get attached to the players like that.

Takes a fair bit anyway.

We got good value in a trade too.

It seems relatively obvious that our club didn't see the full potential in him. Good luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back