Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't tip well in the finals this year. But it was a great journey, some great games. It is about taking your chances when they matter.

I was never getting it wrong today. I knew all week the Lions were winning this.

The 3rd team to go 4-0 in finals and win a premiership. First 5th placed since us in 1998. It was an incredible run by a team that was written off after losing that game to the Pies by 1 point.

Genuinely happy for Brisbane. They've been up there for a while and deserved to win one.

Four top 4 finishes in the last 6 years. Once again a great determining factor for whether you're good enough to win flags. Gave themselves plenty of chances and got one in the end, from 5th even! But all those top 4 finishes clearly showed they were good enough

Putting 2007 in perspective.

Ports record losing margin of 119 points is about double todays margin.

Long live 119!!!
Can't see anyone getting beaten by 120 in a Grand Final, even when the team is up by 10 goals at the end off the 3rd quarter then they will just ease off not to get injured and enjoy the celebration. What Geelong did in 2007 was extraordinary and to think the score line would have been even more had they kick straight, maybe it's Hinkley who couldn't shake this club embarrassment so it's not him ;)

Genuinely happy for Brisbane. They've been up there for a while and deserved to win one.

Four top 4 finishes in the last 6 years. Once again a great determining factor for whether you're good enough to win flags. Gave themselves plenty of chances and got one in the end, from 5th even! But all those top 4 finishes clearly showed they were good enough

Teams that are up that long tend to win flags... unless they're Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back