Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The hat thing is so lame.

Totally agree. The moment is the biggest moment of a lot of guys' careers, lives even, and instead they're all judged on how they interact with some kid who probably doesn't even know their player's name (even if they totally organically happen to be the one who is conveniently mic'd up and says "you're my hero").

Let them have that moment, bring back the old bloke handing them out and standing in the background.

Totally agree. The moment is the biggest moment of a lot of guys' careers, lives even, and instead they're all judged on how they interact with some kid who probably doesn't even know their player's name (even if they totally organically happen to be the one who is conveniently mic'd up and says "you're my hero").

Let them have that moment, bring back the old bloke handing them out and standing in the background.
Poor little kiddies. You can tell they have to rehearse that shit and all they get is an ugly hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That a captain or handful of captains can have a horrible game and get a special medal, nah, not a fan.

Should have just said the captains premiership medal will be called the Ron Barassi medal, tweak the design to include the name and then have the legend give it to them instead of the kid and left it at that.
Agree and what I thought it was actually going to be

Can’t miss Reel Talk with Ned McHenry. Over to 7 mate for the rest of the biggest game in the season of the sport 7 pays hundreds of millions of dollars for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back