Game Day AFL Preliminary Final - Matchday Discussion GWS@Collingwood(MCG – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Sydney, I watch GWS pretty closely. I actually like them as a team.

I think the only way they can beat us is with speed.

They need Jeremy Cameron and Zac Williams to dominate.

Make no mistake they’ll be fired up to the brink of madness, the Greene fiasco will give them an us v world mindset with Collingwood being at the front of that. Their previous prelim losses and the simple want to make a Grand Final.
As it should be and as long as they don’t blow us off the ground like they did in Sydney last time I’d favour us over th course of the game.
It will be a cracker, they got some out and so do we but they’re still choc a block full of talent.
Nerves kicking in now.

It appears that, for a lot of people, we are the lesser of two evils. We're not use to this!

You guys have lots of support at the Bulldogs board. :D I have never been so passionate about seeing Collingwood win a game of footy.

I just hope like hell that the Pies get up and win today, the thought of Leon Cameron's plastic thugs playing in a Grand Final makes me sick.

Go Pies!!!

You guys have lots of support at the Bulldogs board. :D I have never been so passionate about seeing Collingwood win a game of footy.

I just hope like hell that the Pies get up and win today, the thought of Leon Cameron's plastic thugs playing in a Grand Final makes me sick.

Go Pies!!!
I love the dogs as well.

One of my favourite memories outside of collingwood is your flag.

Hope you put em to the sword. Plastic team with no culture that's been gifted everything they have by the AFL, it's a spit in the face to the other clubs who have had to work away for years to achieve what they have. Hope Stephenson kicks a bag.

CARN PIES

Hope you put em to the sword. Plastic team with no culture that's been gifted everything they have by the AFL, it's a spit in the face to the other clubs who have had to work away for years to achieve what they have. Hope Stephenson kicks a bag.

CARN PIES
Thanks mate

Living in Sydney, I watch GWS pretty closely. I actually like them as a team...

Tbone old friend - think you may have Stockholm Syndrome

It's easy to happen

One minute you are enjoying a choc top at GWS Toy-ground then you find yourself humming along to the club song (don't worry, no risk of learning the words, their players haven't)

I feared a dark moment at the SCG back in 1997. I had watched most Swans' home games for several years and went to the '96 GF when they lost to North (best moment was when the inflatable Wayne Carey doll on the ground was flaccid because of a puncture). The people I sat next to were lovely: well-tended cashmere and leather (that reads too much like a grindr ad) and had stopped calling the scumps refs. I feared that when Collingwood played them I may have conflicting loyalties, that I may not have my heart in wanting the Swans to be destroyed.

Mercifully, as soon as Collingwood ran on the ground, abject, irrational tribalism coursed through my veins.

Think it will be ok for you

Hugs xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbone old friend - think you may have Stockholm Syndrome

It's easy to happen

One minute you are enjoying a choc top at GWS Toy-ground then you find yourself humming along to the club song (don't worry, no risk of learning the words, their players haven't)

I feared a dark moment at the SCG back in 1997. I had watched most Swans' home games for several years and went to the '96 GF when they lost to North (best moment was when the inflatable Wayne Carey doll on the ground was flaccid because of a puncture). The people I sat next to were lovely: well-tended cashmere and leather (that reads too much like a grindr ad) and had stopped calling the scumps refs. I feared that when Collingwood played them I may have conflicting loyalties, that I may not have my heart in wanting the Swans to be destroyed.

Mercifully, as soon as Collingwood ran on the ground, abject, irrational tribalism coursed through my veins.

Think it will be ok for you

Hugs xx
I love the way you operate.

Unfortunately, I don't have your vocabulary to sum up my love for your post.

I will say this.

CARN PIES.

The myth making going on at the Giants this week that it's a Collingwood conspiracy and not Toby's sniping will probably fired them up.
However all that aside, they don't have Coniglio, Whitfield or Greene. Kelly not 100 per cent.
We have the better midfield, and midfield depth, we are fresh, and we have a big advantage in the ruck. This time around we don't have the inexperience of Appleby, Quaynor or Crocker. We have Moore to cover Cameron, we are without JDG but he was well beaten by Shaw last time. Just start well is the big key, jump them, do what West Coast did to Melbourne in the prelim last year.

If Mumford tries to do the dirty and injure players, don't let him out of the MCG alive! :)
Eat em alive Pies!

The myth making going on at the Giants this week that it's a Collingwood conspiracy and not Toby's sniping will probably fired them up.
However all that aside, they don't have Coniglio, Whitfield or Greene. Kelly not 100 per cent.
We have the better midfield, and midfield depth, we are fresh, and we have a big advantage in the ruck. This time around we don't have the inexperience of Appleby, Quaynor or Crocker. We have Moore to cover Cameron, we are without JDG but he was well beaten by Shaw last time. Just start well is the big key, jump them, do what West Coast did to Melbourne in the prelim last year.

If Mumford tries to do the dirty and injure players, don't let him out of the MCG alive! :)
Eat em alive Pies!

Also, Pies have Rupe!

Go Pies!!!

What about me re.. no doubt you've heard about me..

Sorry.. can't be poached re.

Travelled 1800km to be at the G today with the greatest army on the planet - the Magpie Army. I want every single supporter to go home happy and hoarse from producing the sort of noise to overawe the wee giants. Today we show these wannabes what they wanna be! Protect the Nest Side By Side!!

Still can't believe how tall the GWS team is. Keeffe replacing Greene makes the height balance look all wrong, especially if its slippery. Keeffe has a turning circle like a battleship, even in the dry.

Surely a late change, with Keeffe or Mumford replaced by a smaller, quicker player?

GO PIES!

Go Pies!!!
I was renovating a house in Seddon when the AFL tried to wipe you guys off the map. As a sub contractor I was in and out to the kennel a couple of times a week and got to see your wonderful volunteers and enjoy that never say die spirit.

Your flag was a great victory for grass roots football at its finest.

Does anyone get the opposition song stuck in their head on game day? Been humming the Giants song all morning!
You’d be one of the few people who would know the Giants song.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back