Preview AFL Rd 11 - Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG Mon 10/6/13 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

id like this opportunity to solidify our chances for 2014 by not playing anyone who wont be here next year. these retirees become the backup, rather than the other way around. many of the newbies have some good experience, and many need more.

All good and well but considering Hudson is Jollys only legitmate backup, your theory falls at the first hurdle:)

We havent been gifting spots in the senior side to veterans so I cant see your point. Johnson is injured and Didak has played 30 minutes of senior football. We have played heaps of debutants and have a couple more in the pipeline, while youngsters like Seedsman Elliott and Thomas and are quickly on the way to becoming 30-50 gamers.

Kid can play and always goes 110% at the contest.

Maybe I dont watch enough Melbourne games, but from what I have seen he doesnt spend heaps of time in the midfield.
More of a half back flanker who has sniped a few of our players over time.

In response to your initial post and saying he would be a good replacement for Luke Ball in time, Josh Thomas will be more than capable in time.
Midfield is not an area I hold much concern on at the moment.

Kid can play and always goes 110% at the contest.

10 possessions, 3.5 marks and 1.5 tackles per game in 2013 says otherwise.

He's getting by on being a top 20 pick 4 years ago! If Melbourne has any sense they would try to move him on while he has the slimmest of value at the trade table.

Just on what I've seen even David Rodan has been a better midfielder and clearance player than Tapscott so far this year, so unless Tapscott is simply coasting until he moves elsewhere I hope we don't touch him.

As some have suggested in other threads James Magner may be an option if we are looking for a contested ball winner who may just be a little better than a Josh Thomas as backup and future replacement for Ball.

Magner would likely come cheap as it's quite clear there is a problem at the Dees as he hasn't been given much senior game time, especially this year.

I'd rather we stay away from Melbourne though, there's almost no way of telling how good any of their players are though due to the woeful position the club is in.

10 possessions, 3.5 marks and 1.5 tackles per game in 2013 says otherwise.

He's getting by on being a top 20 pick 4 years ago! If Melbourne has any sense they would try to move him on while he has the slimmest of value at the trade table.

Havent watched alot of melb this year but his debut year was great and he isn't the 1st talented melbourne kid who has stalled or gone backwards in the right side he would be a very hand get imo.

I would take Tapscott over Magner every single day of the week when Neptune is aligned with Jupiter and the Death Star eclipses the mouth of the Black Hole swallowing up Uranus. Magner is shit-awful and Tapscott has plenty to work with. No, no, wait, an even better way of understanding the two - Tapscott is Magner with talent. There. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 11 - Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG Mon 10/6/13 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back