Preview AFL Rd 18 - Coll v Suns Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview post 65 - Teams post 106

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Rd 18 - Coll v Suns Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview post 65

Wellers, Tooves and Jols rested.:)

http://twitter.com/#!/AFL_PKeane

[ AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane GC v Coll. Krakouer, Weller for Dixon, Jolly. Wood, Buckley, Goldsack, Macaffer for Jolly, Toovey, Wellingham, Rounds.

Full team;

COLLINGWOOD
B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Harry O’Brien
HB: Brent Macaffer, Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Simon Buckley
HF: Jarryd Blair, Chris Tarrant, Andrew Krakouer
F: Steele Sidebottom, Travis Cloke, Leigh Brown
Foll: Cameron Wood, Scott Pendlebury, Luke Ball
Inter: John McCarthy, Lachlan Keeffe, Ben Johnson, Alex Fasolo

Emerg: Luke Rounds, Tom Young, Ben Sinclair

In: Cameron Wood, Brent Macaffer, Simon Buckley, Tyson Goldsack
Out: Sharrod Wellingham (injured - groin), Alan Toovey (injured - finger), Darren Jolly (ill), Luke Rounds (omitted)

AFL ROUND 2011
Gold Coast v Collingwood
Saturday 23 July
Metricon Stadium, 7:10pm

COLLINGWOOD
B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Harry O’Brien
HB: Brent Macaffer, Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Simon Buckley
HF: Jarryd Blair, Chris Tarrant, Andrew Krakouer
F: Steele Sidebottom, Travis Cloke, Leigh Brown
Foll: Cameron Wood, Scott Pendlebury, Luke Ball
Inter: John McCarthy, Lachlan Keeffe, Ben Johnson, Alex Fasolo

Emerg: Luke Rounds, Tom Young, Ben Sinclair

In: Cameron Wood, Brent Macaffer, Simon Buckley, Tyson Goldsack
Out: Sharrod Wellingham (injured - groin), Alan Toovey (injured - finger), Darren Jolly (ill), Luke Rounds (omitted)

Gold Coast Suns

B: J. Toy, N. Bock, C. Brown
HB: J. Wilkinson, R. Thompson, J. Harbrow
C: S. Iles, G. Ablett, T. McKenzie
HF: D. Stanley, T. Lynch, D. Prestia
F: H. Bennell, J. Fraser, J. Brennan
Foll: Z. Smith, D. Swallow, M. Rischitelli

Int: R. Liddy, M. Weller, N. Krakouer, M. Shaw

Emerg: K. Hunt, C. Dixon, H. Jolly

Very Surprised that there is no Debuts:eek:
Not a complete surprise, losing so much experience in one week through injury/illness, I think we needed to play it a little safe and bring in proven senior level footballers to replace them.

Thomas, Sinclair, Bolton and Young are still chances to debut before the end of the year, maybe even as late as round 24 in the "dead rubber" vs the Cats.

No problem with the selected side.

Nice for Jols, Tooves and Wellers to have a rest. Would have liked for Rounds to have another game though.

Absolutely rapt that Macaffer is back. Hopefully he can hold his spot in the side now for the rest of the year. Ditto Goldsack.

Lol... that backline on paper would be smacked by any team...
So glad Macaffer is backed. Have missed him

your probably right but i just wanna see some young blood

I don't see the rush. For a side that is on top of the the ladder and the reigning premiers we have a fairly young side and have rotated plenty of fresh faces through it. There is no need for 'young blood' what-so-ever.

Debuting Fasolo, Keeffe and Rounds is impressive as it is. Add to that Blair who only broke into the side late last year and Buckley, Krak and Taz who played their first games for us this year. We have rotated plenty of faces through the team this year.

Now isn't the time to be getting fresh blood into the team, it is the time to be getting as many of the guys who are in finals contention as ready to go as possible. It's a no brainer that guys like Sack, Cafe, Buckley, Fasolo, Dids, Beams are going to be given every game possible in the lead up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in case you wanted our ins as well:

In: N, Krakouer, M, Weller
Out: C. Dixon, H. Jolly

Biggest concern there is the Wellers 'injury'. Where the hell did that come from?

Biggest concern there is the Wellers 'injury'. Where the hell did that come from?

Couldn't have been too bad considering we didn't use the sub until halfway through the last quarter, and Wellers was still going strong then.

I'd say he'll have 1-2 weeks off then return, depending on the severity of the groin strain (guessing it's only a strain).

Does anyone know if Sharrod was involved with training this week? Not on the injured list & at the do on Monday, they said 2 players would be rested.

I'm with Matty on Wellers, I doubt there's anything in it at all. Cast your mind back less than a month ago when Buckley missed due to a "groin" injury and have a look at what he got up to the night of one of our games.

If I was to bet on it my money would definitely be on Wellers being back for the Bombers match!

Happy we're getting some game time into Caff & Goldy. We could need them come September. Rounds is stiff but he's had a taste now over a couple of games, he did not look out of his depth so we can call upon him if required. Could always be a late withdrawal, but we haven't seemed to play those games as much this year.

Sounds like a good team, great to bring back the Caff and Goldy. I had a feeling Jolly would stay back in Melbourne, but it seems it is because of an 'illness'. Anyway, he should be nice and fresh for the Essendon match which will be more of a challenge for us compared to Gold Coast.

Also has anyone been to Metricon Stadium? What other ground is the playing field similar (dimensions) to? and what is the playing surface like? Anything else we should know about the ground?

Sounds like a good team, great to bring back the Caff and Goldy. I had a feeling Jolly would stay back in Melbourne, but it seems it is because of an 'illness'. Anyway, he should be nice and fresh for the Essendon match which will be more of a challenge for us compared to Gold Coast.

Also has anyone been to Metricon Stadium? What other ground is the playing field similar (dimensions) to? and what is the playing surface like? Anything else we should know about the ground?

The actual playing field dimensions are 160 x 134, making it exactly as long as the MCG (160 x 141), but with 7 metres less width.

Almost the perfect ground shape IMO, a true oval, as the MCG is a little too round if you ask me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back