Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Where the hell did he come from? Must be something in the water down there. Didn't Blair, Fasalo, Sidebottom, Macaffer have similar starts to their careers? Low profiles (Sidebottom probably not so much as he kicked 10 in a TAC GF didn't he?), come into the side and have an immediate impact. Might be wrong and just seems like it.
ive heard morris will detroy him and wear him like a glove.
is morris fast?
Yeah its the great depth we have, also chuck in Sam Dwyer, big name in the VFL but who thought he would be playing this well in the AFL.

very interesting battle, what would you think is a win for morris, keeping billy to less than 2 or 3 goals?

Elliot is 20 years of age, 20 career games, a couple of good games and 1 ripper this season.. you are not putting unreasonable expectations on him to produce every week are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliot is 20 years of age, 20 career games, a couple of good games and 1 ripper this season.. you are not putting unreasonable expectations on him to produce every week are you?

We expect every player to produce.

If Pendlebury misses that's an AA quality midfield out. It would be like Maric, Cotchin, Martin and Tuck missing.... except Beams and Ball are better than the latter two. I'm almost going to tip the Tiges.

J thomas is a must surely?

I think Richmond can cause some damage in September. Their midfield is unbelievable and all firing at the moment.

The backline is now solid with Chaplin, Rance and Grimes...and they have some run out of there with Batchelor, Houli, Ellis and Morris. Petterd has also added something off half back because he is strong in the air and creative with ball in hand

Where they may lack a bit is up forward. Riewoldt is an obvious star and someone I think who will stand up on the big stage. But still question marks on Vickery and McGuane as genuine buffers for him. Both are going along good at the moment, but the question is if they can sustain it.

Also, they could do with a few more crumbing options. Nahas and Edwardes are dangerous, and if Knights can get going then he is a decent forward flanker. Jake King is underrated as well (as much as I hate to admit it)

That said, they get a lot out of Deledio, Cotchin and Martin as make-shift forwards. So there is goal-scoring power there. They probably just need a genuine crumber who can kick 3 or 4 in a final. But there are a number of guys that can do this.

They really haven't beaten anyone of quality yet, but the way they are playing is exciting to watch.

At full strength I think we have them covered just because we still have a bit more depth in every position. However, you would just about give the edge to Richmond based on the sides that will run out on Saturday and given the match fitness of some of our elite players.
Good summary, i think the fact you are. 4 or so players off, opens it up for the tigers, we can win this if we are good enough, the result will be telling to where rfc is at

If Pendlebury misses that's an AA quality midfield out. It would be like Maric, Cotchin, Martin and Tuck missing.... except Beams and Ball are better than the latter two. I'm almost going to tip the Tiges.

Debatable. Ball and Tuck are very similar (except one is less injury prone). Beams and Martin are both young and I don't think you could say either is better than the other at this stage in their careers. Beams had a better season last year, but before that you would've said that Martin was the better player.

Debatable. Ball and Tuck are very similar (except one is less injury prone). Beams and Martin are both young and I don't think you could say either is better than the other at this stage in their careers. Beams had a better season last year, but before that you would've said that Martin was the better player.

Martin should be aspiring to be like Beams. At this point in time Beams is a far better player than Martin. Martin needs to play some consistent footy to even be in the same sentence. Martin's best is great but you see it 4-5 times a year. His time will come, but I am a bit over people rating players on potential rather than performance. Come and see me at the end of the year if he wins the RFC best & fairest.

I think it was because his brownlow price went out to $14.
Bucks said absolutely nothing regrading Pendlebury today and his not on the updated injury list so he will play.
What would be worse than Pendlebury not playing is for him to play with an injury as he and Thomas did throughout much of last year. If he is feeling the effects of his hip injury from the Hawks game, I hope the Pies give him a rest.

the tigers midfiled will be very good they have absolute stars in there. But what i like to point out on dustin martin is that yes he is really talented player, yes he can tear games apart, but when was the last time he stood up against a quality opposition and really dominated. He could only be considered a star player when he consistently delivers against quality opposition, which looking at tigers draw for the next few weeks is his real chance. In this match i expect someone like sidebottom to matchup against him,

On the magpies front i think Sinclair will be dropped, but to bring in dids and kraks now i have doubt if they can recover quickly for the dons game, although i think maybe be wrong on this. I think daisy should be feeling much better for this match after last weeks hitout . like last time we played the tigers when he really turned the game on it head in a matter of minutes is what i think he is capable of doing in this match again.
Where i can the pies really exploit the tiges is in our fwd line. Big cloke managed to kick 5 against a quality hawks defense which is clearly miles ahead of the tigers defense. Cloke should be able to monster their defenders, i also have some feeling that the big Q stick will dominate this game. After a relatively quite match last week he must be etching to give a red hot crack on saturday.

josh thomas is a must i think. With beams and ball out the pies have effectively lost both their hard ball get center clearance players. From what i saw of thomas in the match against north melbourne he really is player who thrives for the contested footy and is really good at clearances. This was also one of the reasons the pies lost against the hawks, the lack of players who can go into the coal face and dish the ball out to our quality outsider players evidently showed in the pies getting smashed in the clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back