Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How that was not a free to push up when he tackled didsy widsy for holding the ball at about 1.05, or for the 5 lots of high contact he got after that, I will never know:confused:
....lol

That's not the point

Injury news frustrating again - Beamsy still several weeks away after pulling up sore, Ramsay worse than first thought, and ironically, one player that may have been promoted off the rookie list in his place: Mooney, is also injured now... Bally another week away as is Jolls... :mad: Jeez!!!

As of Wednesday 17 April 2013

Ben Reid Jarred Knee Available​
Luke Ball Knee 1 week​
Darren Jolly Ribs 1 week​
Caolan Mooney Calf 2 weeks​
Dayne Beams Quad 2-3 weeks​
Brodie Grundy Back 2-3 weeks​
Clinton Young Hamstring 2-3 weeks​
Lachlan Keeffe Knee 4-6 weeks​
Michael Hartley Shoulder 5 weeks​
Nick Maxwell Fractured Wrist 5-6 weeks​
Tim Broomhead Glandular Fever 7-8 weeks​
Jackson Ramsay Wrist 8 weeks​

Josh Thomas must play this week, this is not negotiable, not at all.

The Tigers, despite winning their first three games are tied at 13th for clearances (with us), so this is a clear area that we can exploit, and with no Beams or Ball we have to play our next best extractor, Thomas.

Play JT or risk losing IMO.

KB doesnt represent the average Tiger fan (or from the club) and everyone knows its just a piss take, he does it every game.

It's a bit like people thinking that Joffa represents the average Collingwood supporter ;)

The Tigers, despite winning their first three games are tied at 13th for clearances (with us), so this is a clear area that we can exploit, and with no Beams or Ball we have to play our next best extractor, Thomas.

Totally agree Matty. I would expect him to get an extended run of games now that Beams has had a setback.

But we are ranked number one for center bounce clearance goals scored.

But we are ranked number one for center bounce clearance goals scored.
Yeah, I know how dangerous the Tigers are if you give them a little space out of the middle, Cotchin, Deledio and Martin are all capable of all the way goals straight out of the middle. No team has 3 threats like that I reckon. And that's why I say we have to play Josh Thomas, we need to touch the ball first or else the Tigers will stay no 1. in the category you mentioned. No Ball or Beams means Swan and Pendles need help getting that ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 13th for clearances because there have been hardly any stoppages in our games. 35 stoppages in the game against the Dogs, for instance, compared to 80 in the Dockers Essendon game and 55 in the Collingwood Hawthorn match. Stoppage differential would be a better stat, if anyone has it.

Hello Pies supporters,
Over at the Tiger board we have a banter thread for opposition supporters to stir shit up without the fear of repercussion. It's a thread where anything goes and it won't be as strictly moderated as the rest of the board. I hope you guys can come over and make full use of the thread.
Thread is here --> http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-vs-collingwood-dea007-in-octoeddie.999666/
Thanks - Hope to see a few of you brave Pies supporters in that thread.
Richmond mod squad
images

We are 13th for clearances because there have been hardly any stoppages in our games. 35 stoppages in the game against the Dogs, for instance, compared to 80 in the Dockers Essendon game and 55 in the Collingwood Hawthorn match. Stoppage differential would be a better stat, if anyone has it.
Saints hammered us so that won't look that good either. :p However, not sure we left first gear.

its funny that despite all the general hyped bestowed upon him by tigersfans, dustin martin gets very little mention in posts regarding his match winning ability.

just saying. ;)

was probably BOG against the Dogs last week and only spent about 74% time on the ground. His fade outs in games apparently were due to him being stuffed from not getting a proper breather (as opposed to 'resting' up forward) on the bench. Rotations should hopefully fix that :thumbsu:

I think Richmond can cause some damage in September. Their midfield is unbelievable and all firing at the moment.

The backline is now solid with Chaplin, Rance and Grimes...and they have some run out of there with Batchelor, Houli, Ellis and Morris. Petterd has also added something off half back because he is strong in the air and creative with ball in hand

Where they may lack a bit is up forward. Riewoldt is an obvious star and someone I think who will stand up on the big stage. But still question marks on Vickery and McGuane as genuine buffers for him. Both are going along good at the moment, but the question is if they can sustain it.

Also, they could do with a few more crumbing options. Nahas and Edwardes are dangerous, and if Knights can get going then he is a decent forward flanker. Jake King is underrated as well (as much as I hate to admit it)

That said, they get a lot out of Deledio, Cotchin and Martin as make-shift forwards. So there is goal-scoring power there. They probably just need a genuine crumber who can kick 3 or 4 in a final. But there are a number of guys that can do this.

They really haven't beaten anyone of quality yet, but the way they are playing is exciting to watch.

At full strength I think we have them covered just because we still have a bit more depth in every position. However, you would just about give the edge to Richmond based on the sides that will run out on Saturday and given the match fitness of some of our elite players.

This is a great post/assessment of our team from an opposition poster. As you've said a lot depends on how our second and third choice key forwards (Vickery and McGuane) perform. We also need to convert more from our forward entries and set shots as we are missing too many goals.

The encouraging thing is we have a bit of depth at the moment which we haven't had in previous years so in years where our bottom 4-6 players have been getting games almost weekly, we now have 3-5 guys pushing on the door at Coburg.

If you guys were at full strength, I think everyone would back you to win however with your injuries and some out of form players, we have a chance if we can play to our best. This is a great test for our team and will help show us where the team is at - I think there is still room for potential improvement so hopefully we can kick up our form and consistency in the tough run of games ahead.

yeh he wont be playing. don't stress, on the other hand Elliot....

Yeah. Where the hell did he come from? Must be something in the water down there. Didn't Blair, Fasalo, Sidebottom, Macaffer have similar starts to their careers? Low profiles (Sidebottom probably not so much as he kicked 10 in a TAC GF didn't he?), come into the side and have an immediate impact. Might be wrong and just seems like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back