Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

the tigers midfiled will be very good they have absolute stars in there. But what i like to point out on dustin martin is that yes he is really talented player, yes he can tear games apart, but when was the last time he stood up against a quality opposition and really dominated. He could only be considered a star player when he consistently delivers against quality opposition, which looking at tigers draw for the next few weeks is his real chance. In this match i expect someone like sidebottom to matchup against him,

On the magpies front i think Sinclair will be dropped, but to bring in dids and kraks now i have doubt if they can recover quickly for the dons game, although i think maybe be wrong on this. I think daisy should be feeling much better for this match after last weeks hitout . like last time we played the tigers when he really turned the game on it head in a matter of minutes is what i think he is capable of doing in this match again.
Where i can the pies really exploit the tiges is in our fwd line. Big cloke managed to kick 5 against a quality hawks defense which is clearly miles ahead of the tigers defense. Cloke should be able to monster their defenders, i also have some feeling that the big Q stick will dominate this game. After a relatively quite match last week he must be etching to give a red hot crack on saturday.

Welcome to BigFooty MAGPIE2013!!!!!!

josh thomas is a must i think. With beams and ball out the pies have effectively lost both their hard ball get center clearance players. From what i saw of thomas in the match against north melbourne he really is player who thrives for the contested footy and is really good at clearances. This was also one of the reasons the pies lost against the hawks, the lack of players who can go into the coal face and dish the ball out to our quality outsider players evidently showed in the pies getting smashed in the clearances.

I think Martin will get a game ahead of josh thomas.

Trust josh thomas to be the first ever player to be in the "must" category after playing 1 game :p

the tigers midfiled will be very good they have absolute stars in there. But what i like to point out on dustin martin is that yes he is really talented player, yes he can tear games apart, but when was the last time he stood up against a quality opposition and really dominated.

Its no secret his biggest flaw is his tank. Blows up easy (being managed better so far this year) but to say he hasnt stood up against good opposition is a little silly.

Last year, 3 Brownlow votes against the Eagles, 1 against the Swans and 1 against the Crows (at AAMI) 32 touches and 2 goals against the Hawks.
2011 polled both games against North (3 and 2) and both against the Swans (1 each) even had 28, 7 marks and 2 goals against your lot.

And comparing him to Beams should be put into perspective, as Beams has been in the system one extra year, and theoretically this year will be Martins equivalent to Beams last year when he had his breakout season.

Press RED for ED

Anyone actually going to press the Foxtel remote red button for this game? I will, for a bit of a giggle for sure :D

Press RED for ED

Anyone actually going to press the Foxtel remote red button for this game? I will, for a bit of a giggle for sure :D
Loved the promo then, pity you can't set it to record a red button option, because a lot of us will be at the game.

Will look forward to reviews, from Pies fans and other fans too.

Great idea really, if it's done well.

the tigers midfiled will be very good they have absolute stars in there. But what i like to point out on dustin martin is that yes he is really talented player, yes he can tear games apart, but when was the last time he stood up against a quality opposition and really dominated. He could only be considered a star player when he consistently delivers against quality opposition, which looking at tigers draw for the next few weeks is his real chance. In this match i expect someone like sidebottom to matchup against him,

On the magpies front i think Sinclair will be dropped, but to bring in dids and kraks now i have doubt if they can recover quickly for the dons game, although i think maybe be wrong on this. I think daisy should be feeling much better for this match after last weeks hitout . like last time we played the tigers when he really turned the game on it head in a matter of minutes is what i think he is capable of doing in this match again.
Where i can the pies really exploit the tiges is in our fwd line. Big cloke managed to kick 5 against a quality hawks defense which is clearly miles ahead of the tigers defense. Cloke should be able to monster their defenders, i also have some feeling that the big Q stick will dominate this game. After a relatively quite match last week he must be etching to give a red hot crack on saturday.
Martin Coming off 35 possies last week, just looked at last year and in 2 games we walloped the grand finalists he was prominant, 24 possies v swans, 34possies v hawks...so to answer your question he plays the game without prejudice

Loved the promo then, pity you can't set it to record a red button option, because a lot of us will be at the game.

It a brilliant idea. As much as everyone loves to despise the Pies, one thing cannot be taken away from them is innovation not only on the field, but off it as well. They really set the pace and standard. I would kill for a Tiger game like this on foxtel.

Someone needs to record it for those of us who wont be able to hear it :)

i think its an awesome idea, i hope they do it for more games

Josh Thomas must play this week, this is not negotiable, not at all.

The Tigers, despite winning their first three games are tied at 13th for clearances (with us), so this is a clear area that we can exploit, and with no Beams or Ball we have to play our next best extractor, Thomas.

Play JT or risk losing IMO.

Is that based on raw figures? Something that struck me as quite strange was the fact that against the Dogs, we had our first ball up of the game five mins in to the second quarter. So ifg total clearances for the game are way down compared to other teams, it's not a very accurate stat. We are equal 4th for centre clearances. The more relevant stat would be +/- clearances, which compares you to opposition on the day.

PS: Dane Swan looked great in Tigers gear on The Club tonight ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was saying no chance we will give him the space he's had recently. How he handles that, who knows.

And I am saying that the Tigers are not going to play a lock down player on a small forward.

And I am saying that the Tigers are not going to play a lock down player on a small forward.
Why? We have been doing that for the past 25 games. It's the exact role for which we recruited Steven Morris to the club.

If you have a DVD Recorder (or old VHS with a s-vhs cable input) its so easy to plug it in to the foxtel units s-vhs output to the dvd/vhs input and then to the TV, the TV will then recognise it as host and bypass encryption and you can then use the TVs PVR and hard drive to record it (and all the other goodies in your IQ)

Why? We have been doing that for the past 25 games. It's the exact role for which we recruited Steven Morris to the club.

What I am saying is that he will get a defender like every other forward. Unless you are planning on double teaming him?

What I am saying is that he will get a defender like every other forward. Unless you are planning on double teaming him?
Nope. But you'll find other forwards who tend not to hit the scoreboard as much will have different defenders rotated though them, and often try to attack off them, even if it means the forward gets a bit of ball. Morris generally plays on one opponent, with the sole intention of not letting them get the ball, even if it means he doesn't get much himself. Thus the term "lock down defender". And yes I understand that doesn't automatically imply he will succeed. But you are giving the impression you don't understand the concept.

Nope. But you'll find other forwards who tend not to hit the scoreboard as much will have different defenders rotated though them, and often try to attack off them, even if it means the forward gets a bit of ball. Morris generally plays on one opponent, with the sole intention of not letting them get the ball, even if it means he doesn't get much himself. Thus the term "lock down defender". And yes I understand that doesn't automatically imply he will succeed. But you are giving the impression you don't understand the concept.

I do understand the concept. I guess it would be a compliment for Elliott to have an opposition player sacrifice his game to stop him. I just don't see this happening as Elliot is a lead up player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back