Game Day AFL Round 12 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Melbourne(MCG – 3:20PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like you could have capitalised, Dave style, to really drive home your point.

We Will Win This.

Horse doesnt need capitals.

images.jpg

One thing I like about the 2018 Pies is we have won the games we are meant to win.
V Hawks lost badly but not exactly a shock
V GWS in melb lost close but both teams were below their best due to injuries
V Carlton comfortable win as we should
V Adelaide away big win. Our one upset so far. Although this can be tempered by looking at their 2018 form being 6-6.
V Bombers a big win on Anzac Day. The bombers weren’t travelling well and we did what we should have done and crunched them.
V Tigers good for most then poleaxed. Not a shock though.
V Lions away close win. Poor defensively but again, won when we should have.
V Geelong never far out of it but didn’t look like winning. Inaccuracy didn’t help. Not a diabolical loss though.
V Saints who we struggle with lately a comfortable win but one we should take given they are 1 win
V Bulldogs we normally are competitive but a very comfy win this time around. I imagine we started favourites and deservedly got the chocolates.
V Freo in melb a very nice win. Didn’t like the last quarter fade as it can be a precursor for our start to the next game. But a very good win overall.

I think we’d have been favourites in all our wins bar Adelaide and not favourites in all of our losses. This time we are underdogs again so we need to pull another Adelaide out of our hats for our second ‘upset’ of the season.

The other thing about our losses....

Hawthorn no excuses really except it was extremely wet and slippery conditons and the club failed to adjust to the conditions
GWS we were two players down for a half. Plus we had no second ruck with Cox suspended and Moore injured.
Richmond we lost Aish during the game as well as Maynard on and off the ground and Reid injured late, Arguably selection errors not picking a few more fresh bodies given the four day break.
Geelong again two players down for over a half of football with our 2018 best and fairest contender Phillips one of them and Moore the other.

So we have been unlucky to cop multilple injuries during a number of games against the better sides. Injuries during the week are not an excuse (you shoudl have depth to cover) but during games theres not much you can do if you lose a couple of players.

One of the big reasons why we won last year was Jamie Elliott's unstoppable first half. Although our forward line has been going pretty well you'd love to have him out there to make one of Melbourne's rebounding defenders extra accountable. De Goey could be the man to fill the gap and have a big game today.

I'm not expecting a win today but I am so keen for it. This is a huge opportunity to announce ourselves in 2018.

The keys to victory for are:
Grundy breaking even with Gawn.
Scharenberg/Howe limiting Tom McDonald's damage.
Cox bringing the ball to ground up forward
Our defensive transition and defensive set up stopping the Dees quick ball movement.

One of the big reasons why we won last year was Jamie Elliott's unstoppable first half. Although our forward line has been going pretty well you'd love to have him out there to make one of Melbourne's rebounding defenders extra accountable. De Goey could be the man to fill the gap and have a big game today.

I'm not expecting a win today but I am so keen for it. This is a huge opportunity to announce ourselves in 2018.

The keys to victory for are:
Grundy breaking even with Gawn.
Scharenberg/Howe limiting Tom McDonald's damage.
Cox bringing the ball to ground up forward
Our defensive transition and defensive set up stopping the Dees quick ball movement.
Is this guy playing for Melbourne today? He played really well last year. Not sure he has a match up? upload_2018-6-11_10-27-29.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What too wear to my corporate box today.. hmmmm.. hard one.. I do apologize.. doubled and tripped up my shirts on some hangers and have 5 or 6 or so in the wash and on the line..

View attachment 510323
You spend good money on clothes and have crappy coat hangers?:eek:

In my Opinion I think Melbourne will just be too good for us.

Struggle to see how we stop there Tall Forward Line as we have some Undersized KPD's.

Love to see us Cause the Upset but I highly Doubt it.

With it Being the Big Freeze get use to hearing a lot of Free Kick Melbourne just like how the Umps Screwed us last Year in this Match

My Tip:

Melbourne by 35 points

I wonder if Greenwood runs with Viney? That would be quite the hit out.

In my Opinion I think Melbourne will just be too good for us.

Struggle to see how we stop there Tall Forward Line as we have some Undersized KPD's.

Love to see us Cause the Upset but I highly Doubt it.

With it Being the Big Freeze get use to hearing a lot of Free Kick Melbourne just like how the Umps Screwed us last Year in this Match

My Tip:

Melbourne by 35 points
Dave I clearly remember Essendon's much vaunted power forward line in the '90 GF - did them no good because our mids beat them senseless and they couldn't get it down there.

No forward line can function as it should with a non dominant midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back