L5L.GIF

Win-Loss Sequences:
SWL.GIF

Recent history:
Last10.GIF

The Brisbane Perspective:
Originally Posted by beatnik

Preamble…

The last game I previewed was the Sydney Swans game and I have to say I have a very similar feeling looking at this one.

Like Sydney, Adelaide are one of the best defensive units getting around and, like Sydney, they’ve adapted their game plan and play a quicker, more attacking style of play circa 2008.

Lethal has attributed that change in the competition to the success of Geelong last year – he reasons that coaches and teams model themselves on the premiers and more-so when they are runaway winners.

It’s funny that only a few years short ago, the doomsayers were moaning Sydney’s premiership success would lead to locust plagues, crop failures and universally ‘boring’ football!

The game of follow-the-leader continues but now the code is on an attacking upswing – Adelaide don’t have a star-studded forward line but they have one of the most.

Form lines…

Tipped pre-season to be on a downward spiral, Coach Craig has rejuvenated and restructured his team seamlessly and yet the wags seem intent on making a truism of their pre-season predictions for the Crows.

Despite being in and around the top 4 all season long, the footy fourth estate has continued to question whether Adelaide are really worthy of that spot on the top shelf as most of their wins were against bottom 8 sides.

Given their more attacking style and constant presence in the top tier through the first half of 2008, Adelaide would be justified in feeling a little slighted at the continued questioning of their credentials this season.

Adelaide had a great showing against the rampant Hawks and will be kicking themselves for letting a big scalp slip away – the scribes might have underestimated the Crows this season but I don’t think there’ll be anyone in the Brisbane camp doing so this week.

The Lions form line is intriguing – win-loss-win-loss etc until the break and then we nailed 4 straight. We were looking like the real deal until we ran headfirst into a finals-bound semi driven by a goateed and peroxide-whitened hair gleefully swerving to ensure no Lion escaped.

Yep. The game against the Doggies was a cold, hard dose of reality but it will affect us in one of two ways: we’ll either rebound from the thrashing and come out and play with with desperation and desire; or we’ll withdraw into ourselves a little with dented confidence and chinked armour.

Last year we seemed to fall in a bit of a hole for a week or two after a big loss - we tended to put a few shabby games together on the trot when the wind was taken out of the sails.

This weekend’s match is a test of team character for the still-young Lions and will be a gauge of how much we’ve grown since this time last year.

I’ve mixed up the format a little and thought I’d look at the game through a footy SWOT analysis…

Strengths

Our backline…

I thought the boys at the back were reasonable last week. The Doggies went inside 50 68 times to our 38 so I think it’s fair to say the back 6 were under the pump but they didn’t crumble until very late in the game.

The difference that McGrath, Roe and Drummond make can’t be understated – although they looked a little worse for their week off, the familiar run and rebound was there in spite of the relentless pressure.

I thought we were really wonky at the back against Fremantle and, despite the eventual margin, we were better against the star-studded Dogs forward line on the weekend - I think our backline will be better again this week and I am confident they will make it hard for the Crows up forward.

Twin Towers

Throughout the off-season I steadfastly refused to contemplate the ‘Bradshaw at centre-half-back’ option because I thought it was a luxury we couldn’t afford.

Having two goal-kicking forwards as good as those two in the one 50m arc is rare - individually they are great but when they play together, they become superheroes.

I don’t like to admit it but, with either of those two out, we lose more than just the player – we almost completely lose our structure.

Brennan is no longer a key forward – he’s moved on and does not play with the same hunger for a goal as he did in the second half of last year when thrown forward – and Clark is still a while away from being a primary target in big games.

Make no mistake – we need Browny and Braddy to each get a few this week and one of them to really get amongst it.

I think whomever gets Rutten needs to lead out past 50 and take Bock back to the square – not only will it get The Truck away from the goalsquare, it will limit the counter-attacking punch Bock provides.

Even though in such a scenario Bock and Rutten would switch constantly to keep their alignment, the concentration needed to do it might make it hard for them to zone off and be a third man up, leaving the Corries and the Hoopers a chance for a few marks inside 50.

Weaknesses

Sharing the load…

We rely too heavily on our star midfielders – against Hawthorn, Adelaide had 3 players with 30+ touches; 5 with more than 25 and 11 blokes who had it more than 20 times! Fair enough, they weren’t all mids but those numbers are scary…I mean, who do you concentrate on?

I’d say we shouldn’t try to tag too many – make some head-to-head match-ups in the middle and go for it.

If anyone needs tagging, it is by putting Selwood forward to smother Johncock or McLeod or even letting Copeland follow Bock up the ground and play the alternative leading target role like last year.

Ok, maybe that’s a bit left-field but the middle tier does needs to lift its output from last week and there will be no hiding against the Crows – if we don’t get good even spread from all our runners, we’re in for a long night.

Opportunities

Rucken oath!

It’s hard to say whether this was an opportunity or a threat – I guess it’s a bit of both.

Put simply our best five mids are better than their best five mids but they make that up when you look at the deeper rotations….say 8-10 deep.

Adelaide just seem to share the load so well in the midfield – their roles are well defined and they each execute their job with very few passengers.

Therefore, we desperately need Charman and Leuey to pretty much smash Griffen and Maric (possibly Moran?) all over the park and get clean well-directed taps to the advantage of our engine room and let that advantage percolate to the top.

With ruck dominance (and the possible return of Rischa) our midfield will bounce bacl from the horrors inflicted upon us at the G last week and could test Adelaide’s legendary discipline to it’s absolute limits.

Without ruck dominance, it will be like mud wrestling with a python i.e. you can hold your own for a while…

…then you tire and die!

Threats

Adelaide’s defence make you pay …

Adelaide’s defensive unit is one of the best going around – Rutten and Bock are both AA-class defenders and Johncock and McLeod are ageless and brilliant. They are a tight, well-organised unit and require pinpoint precision to have a chance of beating them over four quarters.

Our forwards will need to work overtime to chase and tackle or Adelaide will hurt us on the rebound all day long.

Our midfield will have its hands full with Adelaide’s seemingly endless fleet of similarly hard-working, disciplined types and will tire early if they are constantly forced to scramble and chase heels going the other way from sloppy delivery or unforced turnovers by the Lions.

In summary, it is crucial that:

a) our mids kick with some precision to our forwards
b) our forwards slow Adelaide’s run out of defence

Inclusions – the one that matters…
An article on the AFL website noted:
CROWS coach Neil Craig will have some welcome headaches at the selection table this week with five players expected to put their hands up to play against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Saturday night.
Brett Burton, who has served his two-match ban, heads the list of inclusions, which also includes returning injured trio Brad Symes, Kris Massie and Brad Moran.
…Adding more pressure to the players currently in Adelaide’s 22 is the impressive SANFL form of Nick Gill and Trent Hentschel.
So Adelaide are near full-strength and might make 3-5 changes to a side which led Hawthorn for 90% of the game.

I’m not sure whether Moran, Massie or Symes will come in to the side and really the one inclusion that matters is the Birdman.

For a dour defence-oriented tactician, Coach Craig has shown a tendency for rebuilding veteran midfielders into permanent forward. Roo and Goodwin are good success stories but Burton has been sensational.

As a midfielder, Burton was great but since moving near the sticks, we’ve seen the Birdman truly spread his wings and fly - he has that ability to turn half chances into six points and that’s what makes him a one-man ‘threat’ in my books.

MacDonald? Patfull? Roe? All might get a go on him by game’s end.

Summary…

I see this as a massive danger game but I’m clinging to the belief that the Doggies were very, very good last week and are at the peak of the powers whereas the Hawks were undermanned and not as sharp.

If we weren’t at home, I’d say we would fall short after our confidence copped a whack last week - at home, we need a good first quarter to get the belief up and the crowd energized.

If Bradshaw plays: Brisbane by 1 point.

If Bradshaw doesn’t play: Adelaide by 17 points

The Opposition Perspective:
Originally Posted by Vader

Brisbane vs Adelaide
Gabbattoir, Saturday 7.10pm

Recent History
2007 R21 Adelaide 12.14(86) def Brisbane 8.12(60) Football Park
2007 R7 Adelaide 14.16(100) def Brisbane 9.15(69) Gabbattoir
2006 R11 Adelaide 10.15(75) def Brisbane 8.12(60) Gabbattoir
2005 R8 Adelaide 8.15(63) lost to Brisbane 11.6(72) Football Park
2004 R17 Adelaide 6.12(48) lost to Brisbane 29.15(189) Gabbattoir

The overall record favours the Brisbane Lions, who have won 11 of the 18 encounters since the merger with Fitzroy. However, the last 3 games have all gone Adelaide's way - 2 of which were at the Gabbattoir.

Recent Form - Adelaide
R8 Adelaide 22.18 (150) dftd Melbourne 11.8 (74) Football Park
R9 West Coast 14.13 (97) dftd Adelaide 5.17 (47) Subiaco
R10 Adelaide 9.20 (74) dftd Essendon 10.9 (69) Football Park
R11 Richmond 14.12 (96) lost to Adelaide 22.14 (146) MCG
R12 Adelaide 10.12 (72) lost to Hawthorn 11.10 (76) Football Park

Adelaide's recent form is a bit of a mixed bag. They enjoyed the bye in R8, before copping a major reality check in R9. Their form against Essendon was indifferent, though they did well in the second half against the Tigers. The loss to Hawthorn hurt badly, as the Crows led for 90% of the game before losing in a nailbiter.

Recent Form - Brisbane
R8 Carlton 12.20 (92) lost to Brisbane Lions 18.17 (125) Telstra Dome
R9 Brisbane Lions 21.15 (141) dftd St Kilda 14.11 (95) Gabba
R10 Brisbane Lions 18.21 (129) dftd North Melbourne 15.8 (98) Gabba
R11 Brisbane Lions 14.12 (96) dftd Fremantle 10.14 (74) Gabba
R12 Western Bulldogs 19.17 (131) dftd Brisbane Lions 10.8 (68) MCG

The Lions had a good month from R8-11, racking up comfortable wins against the weaker teams. That's more than can be said for the Crows during the same period. However, it all came crashing down around their ears in R12, when they were thrashed by a very much in-form Footscray outfit. Only good work from their underrated defence prevented this game from blowing out worse than it did.

Likely Team
B: Johncock Rutten Stevens
HB: Doughty Bock McLeod
C: van Berlo Reilly Mackay
HF: Porplyzia Burton Goodwin
F: Douglas Tippett Edwards
R: Maric Vince Thompson
I: Griffin Knights Shirley Jericho

IN: Brent Reilly, Brett Burton
OUT: Nathan Bassett (neck), Andy Otten (omit)

Nick Gill or Trent Hentschel would also be possible additions to the team, both returning after lengthy injury breaks. David Mackay would be the likely omission if this were to happen.

Missing Players
Adelaide are almost back to full strength at present, with Nathan Bassett being the only first 22 player likely to miss the game through injury.

The Key Match-Ups
The big question is whether Bradshaw will be fit to play? Brisbane's two towers - Brown and Bradshaw have been in awesome form recently. They sit 3rd and 5th on the leading goalscorers list for the year. Intially it was Bradshaw who was doing all the damage, but Brown's form since the Vic Self Love Flagellation Event has been ominous to say the least.

Brown & Bradshaw vs Rutten & Bock
Adelaide may have won the last 3 encounters between these two teams, but they have never had to counter both Bradshaw and Brown in the same game. Last year Bradshaw was missing, after having had his knee reconstructed. The year before, it was Brown who was MIA through injury.

Fortunately, Adelaide have 2 of the 3 best defenders in the league and are thus better equipped than most to cope with the dynamic duo. Ben Rutten has a great record against Brown, and Bock should have the mobility to go with Bradshaw and to keep him quiet.

Black vs Shirley
Simon Black has been in Brownlow Medal winning form this year, picking up 25+ disposals in 10 of 12 games this year. Not only does he get a lot of disposals, but he makes sure he hurts you with them. Robert Shirley is Adelaide's #1 tagger and I expect him to get the job. He has shown great form recently in negating his opponents, with Judd and Foley both amongst his victims.

Tippett vs Merrett
Kurt Tippett kicked 4 goals in R8 against the Demons, but has been badly down on form since then. Put bluntly, his kicking for goal has been terrible. Nevertheless, the youngster cuts an imposing figure at 201cm and has been thrust into the role of Adelaide's only tall forward. I don't know a lot about Brisbane's defenders - though I did note their impressive efforts last week - but I'm fairly sure Daniel Merrett is their best tall defender.

What To Expect?
Brisbane's gameplan is relatively simple. Get the ball to Brown & Bradshaw and let them bang it through the big sticks. Given the firepower offered by this pair, it's a fairly effective strategy.

Adelaide's gameplan will be to block Brisbane's run through the midfield. We do this by a rolling flood - starting at half forward, then rolling back into defence as our opponents move the ball forward. In the past Adelaide's defensive pressure has been enough against the Lions to see their midfielders turn the ball over. I would not be overly surprised to see it happen again this time.

Having looked at the scoreboards between these two clubs, I can safely guarantee one thing. There will be considerably more behinds kicked than goals - most likely by Brisbane, but an absolute certainty by Adelaide.

Brisbane are a very difficult team to beat on their own turf. Heck, they're not easy to beat anywhere, but they're particularly good when playing at home. However, Adelaide have no fear of the Gabbattoir, having won their two most recent encounters on this ground. I would expect the Crows to get up by a couple of goals.

Adelaide by 12.

Adelaide bring their own footy to the ground and basically try and make sure you don't get to touch it. They are a very professional outfit, we have to improve our efficiency moving forward. Adelaide defenders really seem to zone off and we need to to look at crossing the 50 and having shots for goal from a slowish build up. Only go long when the ball is moved quickly and the defenders are out of position.

We must address the Thompson issue, he is just so bloody fit and bobs up all over the ground. He could have kicked 5 against Hawthorn if he had his radar right. Charman needs to stand up this week and take control of that centre square. Regardless of the result i think we will come out very hard and put a much improved effort in. FWITW i think we will win by 15 points.

Worst possible time for Bradshaw to be out. :rolleyes: Brown has been Rutten's bitch of late and they also have Bock down there.

Two players really have to step up this week if we are going to be any chance:

1. Rhan Hooper - where have you been? Needs to play a blinder because Johncock, McLeod, Bock etc are going to have a field day running the ball out of defence if we don't pressure them. Also needs to get his hands on the footy.

2. Number 19 - I will lay off you if you manage to beat 2 up-and-coming but inexperienced rucks. And I mean beat. Not beat up. It's all good to intimidate and bully smaller opponents and give silly free kicks away. It's another thing entirely to tap a ball our way every now and then. His place in the team is on the line IMO. Griffen killed us last time we played at the Gabba and he has the ability to float forward again.

Thanks to beatnik and Vader for the previews and lionbear for the midia info.

Midia? As in MDIA? No not from San Fran…Middle Development Inspection Agencies?? Nup?
Are you back to putting sugar on your coco pops weevil?
So while I’m waving the stick, any chance of splitting the season into before and after the mid year split round lionbear? I’m sure I’m not the only one who has to scroll the previews.

On a positive two great reviews... cutting to the chase the summaries and expectations rekindle a memory of this years first game in Dubai, where the crows trounced the pies with a classy showing of a midfield flood of dominance.
A scary flashback but a Gabba No Fear? With apologies to our Indonesian neighbours, surely that would be a Balinese fake copy… a for and against over the last 3 games a the Gabba put us over 15 goals up.[wink] but all jokes aside I’m sure you still would have a preference to be playing us at AMMI this weekend. I'm glad it's not!
Strangely after 3 wins in a row we had 5 ins listed on the Thursday, then after 4 wins in row we had 4 ins listed. That’s nine players in 2 weeks, so after our first loss in 5 games, sheesh how many ins this Thursday, 18??
I think if you re-read Nostradamus’s quatrains you will agree with the experts that his writings on the Brisbane team selection for round 13 2008 was purely a coin toss. Which surely must create some doubt on his and Vaders guess of crows by 12pts.:p

Me? I’ll just call a Lions win. I’m not giving a margin for fear of acuguy jinxing US with a matching value.

Midia? As in MDIA? No not from San Fran…Middle Development Inspection Agencies?? Nup?
Are you back to putting sugar on your coco pops weevil?
So while I’m waving the stick, any chance of splitting the season into before and after the mid year split round lionbear? I’m sure I’m not the only one who has to scroll the previews.
On a positive two great reviews... cutting to the chase the summaries and expectations rekindle a memory of this years first game in Dubai, where the crows trounced the pies with a classy showing of a midfield flood of dominance.
A scary flashback but a Gabba No Fear? With apologies to our Indonesian neighbours, surely that would be a Balinese fake copy… a for and against over the last 3 games a the Gabba put us over 15 goals up.[wink] but all jokes aside I’m sure you still would have a preference to be playing us at AMMI this weekend. I'm glad it's not!
Strangely after 3 wins in a row we had 5 ins listed on the Thursday, then after 4 wins in row we had 4 ins listed. That’s nine players in 2 weeks, so after our first loss in 5 games, sheesh how many ins this Thursday, 18??
I think if you re-read Nostradamus’s quatrains you will agree with the experts that his writings on the Brisbane team selection for round 13 2008 was purely a coin toss. Which surely must create some doubt on his and Vaders guess of crows by 12pts.:p

Me? I’ll just call a Lions win. I’m not giving a margin for fear of acuguy jinxing US with a matching value.

I'll wait for the translation :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Eagles can have such a convincing win as they did a few weeks ago, we must have some chance. Of course it will be tough, but with or without Bradshaw we are still good show, I'm just not sure where or how.

Can just hope that the same Crows outfit that played the Eagles returns to Brisbane. Somehow unlikely, I am sure that was the aberration the Crows had like our game last week against the Dogs. One can only hope.

Good preview by both.. Its great that we can convince most other teams to write a preview.. Great for some less known teams and players..

To the game.. I think that Tippett is just about the best matchup that Merrett can have.. I am looking forward to a complete barbecue, with Merrett to provide the sauce..

Crows are a bloody strong outfit, with some absolute stars beginning to develop. One bloke we need to shutdown who is a huge threat is Porplyzia. Having to watch this guy play every week :(, i can say he is an absolute gun.. Probably in their best 3 - 5 players.. We really need to stop him somehow, i think Jmac could get the job, although selwood could be thrust onto him if he is getting beaten elsewhere. This dude only needs 5-6 possies in a quarter and he could have 2 goals and set up another couple.. So damaging..

Bock and Rutten are all class.. We need to get clearances this week to score quick goals, otherwise they will pick them off all day.. I mean Bock got 35 touches on Buddy last week, and limited him to 1 goal :confused:.

I think these players need big games for us to do well..

Sherman - tag a Thompson i would think.. He needs to have a couple of shots on goal and finish, as well as hitting f50 targets

Power - He needs to be damaging this week with his touches, and i wouldnt mind him getting in there for some clearances, or even to pull the 3 guys off Black each ball up

Hooper - Make McLeod and Johncocks life living hell.. Put them under the pump.

Johnstone - Would love to see him get forward hitting Browny and co on the chest.. We are going to need his precision by foot

Anyway i think we will need to play 90-95% of our capacity to win this one. That being said:

Lions by 27 :D

Assuming everyone is on deck I think we match up pretty well on the Crows forwards. As mentioned Tippett is the type of forward that Merrett eats up. Patfull will go to Burton and I am confident he can keep him away from goal. McGrath will go to Porps and Macdonald to Goodwin. All are good match ups and play to our strengths.

It is essential that we stop Thompson who is in Brownlow type form and I would give Selwood first crack there. I think a close marking tag is needed and Selwood is usually our best option in that role. He can get cracked though and I would move Sherman there straight away if Selwood looks like getting touched up.

I would send Sherman to McLeod. McLeod has shown that he can be tagged out of games recently and Sherman could sit on McLeod and punish him on the score board if McLeod does not pay enough attention to him. It is also the type of role I think Sherman would enjoy.

Bock has been in great form and is probably an AA favourite atm. Notwithstanding that I think he is a canditate to be run down and I am sure that Hooper and Corrie will both have instructions to sweat on him. The pace of Hooper might cause some issues for the Crow backline.

I think this game will be won by whichever teams young mids step up. Adelaide's young guys have been a strength this year and the Lions have been a bit disappointing. The Lions have to be accountable and win this area I think for us to win on the weekend.

Good preview guys. This game will really tell us where we're at. If Bradshaw, Roe and co aren't fit, i think we will struggle too. Bock has been in super form for the crows, and we all know Rutten will hold his own. If Braddles is out again, Bock would most likely match up on Clark. I can't see us winning that match-up.

The midfield again is critical. The Doggies out ran us last week. With the exception of Black and Power our mids need to lift. Adcock, Riska, Corrie, Hooper, Sherman, Brennan will all run through the middle at some stage, all of these guys have been a little down on form.( possibly being a little harsh on Sherman who has been fairly good of late). These are the guys that need to improve for us to finish in the top 5 or 6 for the year.

Is Leuy back in? If so, we should be able the get the better of them in the Ruck Department. If not,Clark will help out Charmo, but i think were short up Forward, maybe Hendo could come in?

If we play to our best, it should be a ripper.
Go LIONS:thumbsu:

We've played without Braddles now for one and a half games, and as has been said, our structure has gone completely to shit. If he doesn't come up again this week, we need to find some way to tweak our shape so that things keep working. You'd think last year's experience would've shown us a few things.

I think good structure = running accurate kicking backs + roaming CHF/Wing marking targets + goal kickers. That's how we worked best last year (Mills, Notting, Stiller through the middle) and this year too. Losing Clark's link-up through the middle last week (and against Freo) really affected us, Leuey can't do this as well just yet. I would like to see either Hendo or Bushy come into the forward line and free up Clark. We need someone who will demand the ball up there, we can't just keep kicking it to Browny in this game or we'll get smashed.

Bushy's killing them in the twos up forward, he's got the burst speed to burn his opponent on the lead into the space when everyone else peels off to stop Browny. And I like his defensive pressure too.

Hendo or Clark are probably better forwards, but it was plainly obvious against the dogs that our mids didn't want to kick it to Clark. We can't be that predictable this week, and Bushy is one of those blokes who demands the pill when it's coming in. He's not a long term solution, but he's our best option at the moment IMO.

I'm not very confident about this one. Adelaide at full strength and a lot of our running players are only on one and a half legs. I really hope we stick it up them but we need a minor injury healing miracle for that to happen.

I reckon our disposal improves when we play-on quickly, if Adelaide can clog us up through the middle I don't like our chances of breaking their zone.

To be honest, I don't care if we lose so much as long as we bounce back from last week. We need to come out and tackle hard, lead our opponents to the ball and take chances by moving it quickly. I'd rather see us chance our arm and turn it over than spasm our way forward, and then turn it over.

Haven't tipped against the lions all year, so Brissie by a point :eek:

Any thoughts about Mills coming in (if Braddy is out) to play that lead-up CHF role in an effort to improve our structure and take some pressure off JB?

I must admit I had not thought about it myself until I read the preceding post by Mish, but I don't believe we can retain last week's line-up and simply hope for the best if Braddy is not right- something will have to change!

BTW, in my view Bushy is not the, or any, answer against Adelaide's defence despite his goals for the 2's last week. He's just too slow nowadays.

Any thoughts about Mills coming in (if Braddy is out) to play that lead-up CHF role in an effort to improve our structure and take some pressure off JB?

I must admit I had not thought about it myself until I read the preceding post by Mish, but I don't believe we can retain last week's line-up and simply hope for the best if Braddy is not right- something will have to change!

I was an advocate of the lead up forward last year. It did improve us structurally. However, I'm not convinced that we have reverted to last year's form. In some ways, it is a negative move to have a guy like Mills play that role...and he was the best suited to it (given we also tried guys like Moody, Brennan and Notting in similar roles). Mills isn't able to wheel around and kick well to the forward 50. He is reliant on the midfield giving him a handball option. That was OK when we were a side that was struggling to find a transition avenue.

Now, we do get the ball inside 50 a lot for the number of possessions we get. Our ability to move the pill from one end to the other is much improved. We win enough contests that our midfield can provide linking options. We also use the ball better which means that the side can focus on moving forward without having to overly worry about regular skill errors resulting in a turnover and a score at the other end. Our defence can rebound without worrying about exposing the side down back. In short, we are a different and better side to last year.

I wouldn't go making major structural changes based on last week. If we really struggle again this week then perhaps we need to look at changing up the structure. But we simply can't look at last week's game as anything else other than an aberration. We were off our game and playing a top team. We were poor in the contest, skill levels were down, defensive intensity was down. The coaching staff has to back the boys to fix those things up. Then, the results will follow.

I wouldn't go making major structural changes based on last week. If we really struggle again this week then perhaps we need to look at changing up the structure. But we simply can't look at last week's game as anything else other than an aberration. We were off our game and playing a top team. We were poor in the contest, skill levels were down, defensive intensity was down. The coaching staff has to back the boys to fix those things up. Then, the results will follow.

Fair points.

I suppose in demanding change I am referring more to a change in how we deliver the ball inside 50 than a change of personnel per se. I just have a dread of us reverting to that one-dimensional plan of attack that plagued us for that 2 month period last year and has shown signs of re-emerging since half-time against Freo.

Re: Good Luck Lions

Hoping for a good game this week, and of course a win.

Lions are my second team, having been born up there.

I was at the Port - Brisbane game earlier this year with a mates 10 year old Lions supporting son. Was a good night.

Pst, BTW is Bradshaw playing;)

Browny said he wasnt on the news tonight. Didnt train.
Thanks for the wishes. Should be a pearler. I am looking forward to the duel down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 13 Brisbane Lions V Adelaide Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back