Preview AFL Round 13 - Collingwood v WC Eagles - MCG Sat 23/6/12 at 4.40pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Because a mate of mine was recently talking to Bucks and he said that he believed Taz still had alot to offer up forward and with games where all 3 KPD are named it would be likely one of them would move up forward at stages.

I guess we will see.

I am not disputing what your mate said, just that he won't be played forward when we need 3 KPD this week playing in the backline.

Not too keen on the 3 tall defenders in the side. We beat Wet toast with only 1 in the finals. Neither of their talls are really good marks in body contests so height isn't a real weapon against them.
Have to make a decision soon enough on which 2 defenders we'll stick with. Tarrant and Reid for me.

West coast have cox and darling ranked 10th and 11th in the afl for contested marks, the only pie in the top 20 is Cloke who leads the way. So I wouldn't underestimate our talls ability to hurt you. Both sides have seriously good defensive units which combined with the weather will lead to the game being decided by who can score the most goals from their midfielders. I think you have the clear edge in this area. Pies by 23 points.

West coast have cox and darling ranked 10th and 11th in the afl for contested marks, the only pie in the top 20 is Cloke who leads the way. So I wouldn't underestimate our talls ability to hurt you. Both sides have seriously good defensive units which combined with the weather will lead to the game being decided by who can score the most goals from their midfielders. I think you have the clear edge in this area. Pies by 23 points.

Where do they rank in regards to marks I50? Because I'd say that stat is far more relevant when it comes to scoreboard impact and from a gut feel Id say that only Darling would rank highly with Cox taking most of his around the ground. But I could well be wrong!

Where do they rank in regards to marks I50? Because I'd say that stat is far more relevant when it comes to scoreboard impact and from a gut feel Id say that only Darling would rank highly with Cox taking most of his around the ground. But I could well be wrong!

West coast lead the comp in contested marks. In terms of marks inside 50 we are ranked 10th and collingwood is 9th with five more for the season. This is no doubt reflective of our similar game styles.

Not too keen on the 3 tall defenders in the side. We beat Wet toast with only 1 in the finals. Neither of their talls are really good marks in body contests so height isn't a real weapon against them.
Have to make a decision soon enough on which 2 defenders we'll stick with. Tarrant and Reid for me.

The way Bucks has talked about those three talls in pre-season and early on before injuries decided to stuff up our backline, Ried and Brown would be key position which allows Tazza to play on third tall or mid size/small forward. That inturn allows Shaw to play on 6th best forward which allows him to give even more attacking run than he does now. Also allows him to perhaps push up to a wing. Will be interesting as it will be he first time Shaw Ried Brown Tazza Maxwell Toovey Clarke Harry O all play in he one side...Not bad defensive unit. I expect Shaw to push wing/midfield more now with those options we have for backline........

Don't get too worked up over this game boys, we won't get within 10 goals of ya's sadly.
I believe a Carlscum supporter came on our board and said the same thing before our rd 3 game...

As for having three talls, it's not like any of them are big and slow, as some have mentioned Tarrant can play small and Reid can play loose if need be.

People have made a lot of this being the first time for Taz, Brown and Reid together, however there is another combo I would be interested in.

For a variety of reasons Reid/Brown/Dawes have played very few together over their time at Collingwood. Is this the first time for them all to be in this year? Would be interested to know how often those three have played together, not many I would guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 13 - Collingwood v WC Eagles - MCG Sat 23/6/12 at 4.40pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back