Preview AFL Round 14 Collingwood vs Fremantle - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For those writing off Tarrant, please listen to your coach;

http://www.coastaltimes.com.au/news...rant-in-frame-to-take-on-dockers/2604380.aspx

''I definitely see him in our best 22. If Chris Tarrant can get himself and his body fit and up and about, he will clearly make us a better side than we are at the moment. That's the aim, that's the endeavour and that's what 'Taz' is working towards, and so is the footy club.''

http://www.coastaltimes.com.au/news...rant-in-frame-to-take-on-dockers/2604380.aspx

Tarrant will play against Carlton.

Great to see Moons get in. Wouldve been awesome to have Clarke and Caolan in the side for Multicultural round but not to be.

Marty had a poor game and I think he is just being rested and will come back refreshed.

Big Jacko Paine back in is fantastic. I would've thought Young would stay in for Buckley but not too be. Looking forward to the match.

Clarke was really struggling to find the ball the past couple of weeks. Fair enough that he was dropped, but why we must persist with Buckley again and again frustrates me to no end.

There's no way known Clarke would have just been dropped whilst Buckley stayed in the side on one performance. The hit he took last week must still be sore. Otherwise, Simon Buckley would have been first on the chopping block.

Could be some good ins v Carlton next week with Pendles, Tarrant, Sinclair and Clarke.

Good luck to Mooney has deserved a game. Hopefully Paine can clunk a few too.

So we have Williams, Mooney, Paine and Elliott all playing.
Dont see four players from last years draft all playing at the same time very often.:thumbsu:
Shame Marty Clarke isn't in also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relax... Marty has sore ribs, played with them and then got a big knock. He'll be OK, just needs a rest. Sincs still getting over the ankle (was a bit worse than first thought).

Taz will be good too, just no point in bringing him in too soon.

Tazza may have played his last game except for injuries.
Oh, my god....Pendles it not playing this week...I think he is retiring. :confused:

Clarke is named in the VFL side and is first emergency for the seniors. As I said, if you're getting rested or sore or whatever, they usually give you an injury on the team sheet, the don't list you as dropped (omitted).

So we have Williams, Mooney, Paine and Elliott all playing.
Dont see four players from last years draft all playing at the same time very often.:thumbsu:
Shame Marty Clarke isn't in also.

if i did have any reason to be concerned this week, this is it. 4 players of very little experience, versus a team of players that have had at least a season under their belt. yes i know its freo, but under lyon they could well trouble us. but likewise the kids we have in appear to be the cream of the 2012 crop. the forecast is looking worse by the day so just be better at pressure and we'll be fine. but dont rest.

if i did have any reason to be concerned this week, this is it. 4 players of very little experience, versus a team of players that have had at least a season under their belt. yes i know its freo, but under lyon they could well trouble us. but likewise the kids we have in appear to be the cream of the 2012 crop. the forecast is looking worse by the day so just be better at pressure and we'll be fine. but dont rest.
The forecast favours those 4 "kids" if anything, they have had much more experience in muddy, wet conditions then any Freo player would have, simply because they've all played VFL football on less then AFL standard grounds in Melbourne conditions.

You get the feeling Marley Williams would excel in the mud, as would Jamie with his solid hands and small but solid build, and as for Mooney, well he comes from Ireland, if there's a wetter AFL recruiting area on earth, point me to it.:D

Plus, the MCG holds up very well under any conditions, we'll break the 100 point barrier against Freo unless ugly Ross tries to shut the game down completely.

I think this is one of those "Didak is finished" threads.
Just a bit of wind

Unfortunately, I thought Didak was finished, but only because it was said to be the same as his pre-season injury. Next thing, he's dodging witches' hats and putting his hand up for selection. Taz finished?! Or just freshening up for the run home! In fact, he is named in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 14 Collingwood vs Fremantle - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back