Review AFL Round 15 autopsy - Essendon defeat Geelong by 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

dustyy

Debutant
May 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It may only be our 1st loss which is a great effort but a loss against half a full strength Bombers side is not good. Bad signs tonight. A couple of weeks of pain ahead I think.

Re: How Embarrasing

It may only be our 1st loss which is a great effort but a loss against half a full strength Bombers side is not good. Bad signs tonight. A couple of weeks of pain ahead I think.

Gees take a couple of deep breath's mate, Its not the end of the world and we are and were going to drop a match sooner or later, It inevitable and much better now that later in the season I think.

AFL Autopsy thread - Essendon defeat Geelong by 4 points

We were lucky to get that close. Totally outplayed from halfway through the first term.

Having said that though, if we kicked straighter in front of goal, we could have pinched it.

So i suppose that you would think that it was a great performance. That is the problem with you. You love mediocrity. I prefer to achieve. If you bothered to actually read what I said which obviously you did not, you might possibly see that I said that i was happy with how we are going but we should be wary because we were exposed tonight. If you can't see that I suggest you get yourself a Labrador. Wake up and smell the Roses. We were found wanting tonight.

Re: AFL Autopsy thread - Essendon defeat Geelong by 10 points

Ummm didnt we lose by 4 points???

Gee, some people are quick! :D

I realised that 5 seconds after I clicked on "post".

I can handle losing to a quality side like Pies, Hawks, Blues and maybe even throw in Freo and Eagles, but to a team in 11th position, on a 5 game losing streak and missing their captain/best player, is as the thread title suggests, embarrassing.

Came down to 1 thing in the end, Thompson is best suited to know how to get us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: AFL Autopsy thread - Essendon defeat Geelong by 4 points

Not sure of the reason but we just looked flat all over the ground tonight.

The only players who looked switched on early were the young guy's and then when it got tight towards the end the older guy's seemed to get interested a bit

2 bad misses from Pods, one from Vardy stand out. Would have been really lucky to pinch it though. Cant play 30 minutes of footy against anyone and expect to get it done.

Really good start, boys got complacent, thought it was gonna be a cakewalk. Came back in third, stopped again. Clearance work of Smithy and Joel's grunt was sorely missed.

the autopsy is we played for about 1/4 in total & the other 3 we played shit yet still only lost by 4. Pretty devo tho as I thought most of the players would be up to play against the dog bomber

Mindless commentary whinge, skip if you must:

Shut your face Luke Darcy. Just shut it and go away.

2012 can't come quick enough was pretty blantant cheer leading from all 4 commentators tonight

A lot of the guys looked a bit disinterested tonight, Bartel doesn't seem right.. We got smashed at the hitouts and our defence wasn't as stable as usual. Pods presented well and only had Stokes to assist him with the crumbs. Motlop looked a bit slow and lazy at times as well, although he wasn't the only on.

2012 can't come quick enough was pretty blantant cheer leading from all 4 commentators tonight

Darcy is the biggest ****wit. before the Saints v Melbourne game he said that before the season he rated Brad Green as the most important player in the competition.

Tool

Remove this Banner Ad

Review AFL Round 15 autopsy - Essendon defeat Geelong by 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back