• Adelaide

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crude!!! Turn it up.

it was a clear duck, look at his bent knees!!!. How ever, If that was Selwood it would've been a free all day of the week.

100% Shat himself at the on coming Brisbane player and ducked!
well umpired... If only they did that with the Selwood's and Shuey's though

His feet show he moved from the position he caught the ball and the position he was in when contact was made. He either stepped his right foot forward or his left foot back. Either way he moved immediately prior to contact and in that movement ended up with his head in a lower position. Will be interesting to see what the panel make if it.

Well Crows fans have Rucci on their side which probably shows just how reasonable their argument is.

I don't think McStay should get reported but FMD it was a high tackle and ended up being a push in the back

If the ump did his job and paid a free kick there'd be less angst here, I'd imagine

Considering the way Selwood gets frees every week I guess the thing that Doedee did wrong was to not throw his arm uppercut style

---

Though some funny posts in this thread - Crows at 100% scraping home against a Brisbane side running at 50%? Haha what a joke

Also the biggest dog in the league Taylor Walker missing a game through suspension for the first time since 2012 - yeah massive dog that

It's a decent win but a lot of our best players had poor games and we're missing Hodge Andrews and Cameron. To win the Crows needed to play at 100% V our guys 50% or around that. And by less than a goal.

Bullshit. A number of our boys had very poor games, we didn’t play anywhere near our best. Keep feeding yourself your own propaganda. You lost, suck it up.

I think its a pretty good point to make in a thread full of Crow fans crowing about A) Beating us barely by 5 points and our own inaccuracy and B) whinging about our players being dogs when their Captain is the biggest known dog of the AFL.

But hey, good luck not failing in a Grand Final again eh?

Our inaccuracy was the only reason you were anywhere near it at the end. Perhaps get some balance.

Dropping into tackles to try and win frees is annoying. I'm sure other teams fans hate when Mathieson does it and would understand if no sympathy was shown for him if he copped one high due to it.

If Doedee doesn't drop into the tackle he doesn't get hurt. Or maybe he was scared or getting a hard tackle. I don't know but tackling should not be outlawed

Pathetic for you to think he’s trying to win a free. Clearly he’s bracing for impact. Your players tried to take several of our guys out during the game but we won anyway. Bad luck.

Says the Brisbane mod....surprise surprise.

I was talking about the entire thread. Not a particular supporter base. A curious reaction nonetheless...

Incredibly hostile in here. The game was over 13 hours ago.

Tackle around the body not the head? A novel idea I know, but it just could work.

Should we start tackling like this...?
8UMWG.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic for you to think he’s trying to win a free. Clearly he’s bracing for impact. Your players tried to take several of our guys out during the game but we won anyway. Bad luck.

I agree he wasn’t playing for a free. He just shat his pants and tried to avoid contact by dropping to the floor. It was pathetic.

Oh Christ, everyone get over it. It’s a high speed, high collision 360 degree game. We are talking about borderline incidents on the careless/negligent scale here that could go either way. Can we ease off on the hysterical “they were deliberately trying to take our players out”, “your player ducked his head because he is soft”and the irrelevant “your captain did this last week” stuff. Shit happens on the margins of an intense game and the MRP will make a call, we will whinge/gloat for a day and then we move on.

The drama in this thread is so goddamn disproportionate to the situation. There was less angst over the genuine dog act of Jeremy Cameron.

Do people get paid every time they use the word “pathetic” here by the way?

Last edited:
Oh Christ, everyone get over it. It’s a high speed, high collision 360 degree game. We are talking about borderline incidents on the careless/negligent scale here that could go either way. Can we ease off on the hysterical “they were deliberately trying to take our players out”, “your player ducked his head because he is soft”and the irrelevant “your captain did this last week” stuff. Shit happens on the margins of an intense game and the MRP will make a call, we will whinge/gloat for a day and then we move on.

The drama in this thread is so goddamn disproportionate to the situation. There was less angst over the genuine dog act of Jeremy Cameron.

Do people get paid every time they use the word “pathetic” here by the way?

"Shit happens" ah yes the classic response to someone on the receiving end of warranted criticism. Watch the replay of the Murphy hit and tell me with a straight face your player didn't know what he was doing.

"Shit happens" ah yes the classic response to someone on the receiving end of warranted criticism.

You could not have taken that “shit happens” bit more out of context if you tried. Not wading into this mire any further.

Do I think Doedee ducked his head to win a free kick? No .
Was he trying to brace for impact but accidentally put himself in harm's way? Yes.

Some of the insane hyperbole around here (from Port Adelaide supporters interestingly enough) is ridiculous.

Should have been a free kick as the tackle was dangerous, however I hope McStay isn't suspended as there was factors in the tackle that he simply couldn't control.

Spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 18: Brisbane v Adelaide Saturday 7:25pm AEST @GABBA

Back