Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood vs Adelaide Matchday Discussion (MCG - 4.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney have won 2 flags in 81 years.
St Kilda have won 1 flag in 117 years
Bulldogs have won 1 flag in 90 years
Fremantle have won no flags
Carlton have won no flags in 19 years
Essendon have won 1 flag in 21 years
Adelaide have won no flags in 16 years
Geelong have won 3 flags in 52 years
North have won no flags in 14 years
Port have won 1 flag in 18 years
Richmond have won no flags in 34 years
Melbourne have won no flags in 50 years

It really is easy to play this game :rolleyes:
I'll take that.

I couldve waited 17 years after what they achieved in the 80s and 91.
Yes, back in the era before the salary cap and the draft, and Hawthorn had the advantage of an extremely strong zone.

The dynamics were nothing like the modern game and after 91 you hardly saw them in finals again until 2007.

First game back after 1 month overseas and I'm pumped. Looking forward to finally see Martin getting his chance, I really hope he takes it and can find his spot in the team.

Not a religious person but I've said a prayer that Ben Reid can make it through the game without tearing/breaking/straining anything. Miracles do happen apparently so it was worth a try.

Just want to see some bloody heart, they have talked it up as a final and it's time to deliver.

Yes, back in the era before the salary cap and the draft, and Hawthorn had the advantage of an extremely strong zone.

The dynamics were nothing like the modern game and after 91 you hardly saw them in finals again until 2007.
We were competing under the same conditions were we not?
Like I said I couldve wait 17 years.
Look at Hawthorn now, 2 flags 08 and 12 and equal first on the ladder. Making us look stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about time the media laid into us they have been soft on us for a while now. You can try and sugarcoat the artical but you can't argue with facts.

Now let's see if we have some balls and respond like we should!

4.40pm ffs...

Anyway looking forward to seeing the forward C.R.E.W for the first time, although I expect rustiness

Hopefully the ball gets moving from the middle and the kids down back hold up

We will come out breathing fire like youve never seen before. Im mates with one of pendles best mate and he rekons the group is pumped and honestly believe we can still win the flag this year. The group wants to make history.

All Collingwood has done for the last couple of years is talk the talk.

I hope actually for once they back it up. I thought the Port game last year would've changed things...

Scott Thompson a confirmed out is huge for us, no excuses today now we should win.

The midfield and forward line is their strength, and with Thompson out that weakens part 1 of that significantly.

Game day is here! Season on the line!

As supporters, let's make sure we make Adelaide feel the heat at the mighty MCG! This is our home town, our turf! It's time to make a stand Magpies, let's do it!

I haven't read the Herald/Sun in over three years. Not about to start.
This.
I thought the rag folded when it became illegal to wrap fish and chips in newspaper?
I guess they make enough money to pay the pittance their hack "journos" command and it keeps them off the dole and out of rehab (for the most part) so really they are doing a public service, like a sheltered workshop.
The article is the journalistic equivalent of picking their noses and eating it.

Last edited:
Game day is here! Season on the line!

As supporters, let's make sure we make Adelaide feel the heat at the mighty MCG! This is our home town, our turf! It's time to make a stand Magpies, let's do it!
Go Pies!:thumbsu:
I have everything crossed, even though I can't watch the game and these twilight matches, a cancer on the game, and the bye have been kryptonite to the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood vs Adelaide Matchday Discussion (MCG - 4.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back