Preview AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview -post 75, Teams - post 119

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R19 Match Preview: Collingwood v Essendon

I never get to see it first...yeah...haven't read it yet but I am sure it is great. Love ya work Dave!!

Great preview again Dave, and I agree with you on the result, I think it will be very similar to ANZAC day, in that the Bombers will "come to play" this week, and will throw everything at us.:thumbsu:

Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch and Selection Discussion

According to SEN injuries are down this year (not in our case) which further strengthens the AFL's case. Sadly.

I heard Butters talking about this saying that although games missed is slightly down, the average length of a player missing a game is up by 20%!
And he went on to see that structural injuries have decreased but soft tissue injuries have increased.

Watch the AFL do the old thing of handed out filtered data to show what they want to show

Why is everyone hating on the sub rule? The stuff up was to reduce the bench numbers from 4-3! That is all the players and coaches were ever arguing over not the implementation of the substitute itself. Rotations have stayed at the same level so with less numbers on the bench it means the players get less rest and are therefore more susceptible to fatigue injuries. Bringing it back to 4 on the bench would alleviate any problems that have arisen this year as well as providing the added luxury of a sub.

Getting back on topic though it'd be nice to start getting some of the guys back from injury in Wellingham and Jolly this week and Didak and Beams to follow the week after against Port! I'd also like to see a lot more tackling pressure than what was exhibited last week against the Suns.

Also of note is that we are shooting for 10 straight wins this week which as far as I can tell is something we haven't achieved since 1965, but I could be wrong about that being the last time!

Also of note is that we are shooting for 10 straight wins this week which as far as I can tell is something we haven't achieved since 1965, but I could be wrong about that being the last time!

Not sure, but we did go on an 11 game unbeaten run last year.

Winning a game, drawing against Melbourne then after that, winning every game until round 22 against the Hawks.

Great preview again Dave, and I agree with you on the result, I think it will be very similar to ANZAC day, in that the Bombers will "come to play" this week, and will throw everything at us.:thumbsu:

I think this is the case for just about all the sides say barring Geelong and to a lesser extent Carlton and Hawthorn. If we can weather the storm side throw at us early and put score board pressure on them at the same time we should be able to win the rest of our games pretty easy.

Not sure, but we did go on an 11 game unbeaten run last year.

Winning a game, drawing against Melbourne then after that, winning every game until round 22 against the Hawks.

Correct! We also went on a 10 game unbeaten streak from the Qualifying Final in 2010 through to round 8 this year. Not to mention we're getting close to a club record of wins with two losses in between.

Our current streak of 32 matches (W D 9W L 2W D 7W L 9W) is only 4 behind our club record of 36 (8W L 5W L D 20W) set in 28/29. Still a fair way to go to catch the Cats best of 44, which coincidentally could have stretched to 58 had they won the 08 premiership!

Dave, sometimes I feel you talk up the opposition a bit to compensate for being a Collingwood supporter.

There is no way Essendon has a chance, not even a "sneaky" opportunity as you put it.

Why not just give your honest opinion, which is we'll play 20 minutes of football to kill the game, and run out 30-40 points on top (maybe more depending on our mood)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley out.

BENNY SINCLAIR!!!! My MAN!!

Good to see Roundsy back even if it's just a squad member

My bench FWIW Benny Sinclair, Dayne Beams/Alex Fasolo, Lachlan Keeffe, Ben Johnson/Luke Rounds

Fas stays in if beams isn't quite ready, and Roundsy comes in if roids is still sore

Hurley is a huge out, and did they bring in tall cover down back?

We have no backline: No Pears, Hurley, Fletcher or Hooker. Carlile will probably be our full back on Cloke (played 5 games and is a stick). Cloke could kick many many goals.

I read the final team as;

In: Jolly, Beams
Out: Wood, McCarthy

Emergencies; Rounds, Ugle, Sinclair

I don't think there will be any surprises this week, I'd expect a debutant or two next week though against the worst side in the AFL.:)

I read the final team as;

In: Jolly, Beams
Out: Wood, McCarthy

Emergencies; Rounds, Ugle, Sinclair

I don't think there will be any surprises this week, I'd expect a debutant or two next week though against the worst side in the AFL.:)

Agreed Matty and why where they not named last week vs the Suns:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back