Game Day AFL Round 2 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Richmond(MCG – 7:20PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Weller! The type of spud who will kick 4 against us.

Never kicked more than 3 in a game and has only managed 4 against us in 7 games, this could well be the week.

I’m not confident at all for this match, especially after last week’s performance so who knows what the outcome will be. I’m just shaking my head at the scheduling - why a Thursday night? Ridiculous time slot.

Ratings pretty much

My predictions
- Cox is held well and kicks only 1 goal
- Grundy gets angry and gets 2 goals and a higher proportion of centre taps
- See above - we get first possession more often and kick 40-50% of our goals from midfield swarming forward
- Richmond rebound quickly and score quickly against us running slowly defensively
- Jamie eats the loose ball for breakfast and kicks 5
- Roughie has a stinker against Riewoldt and concedes 4 goals
- Pies by 11 points in a close game where we manage to eke out the last 2 goals of the match in a closely fought scrap in Q4

I enjoyed the thread on the Tiger board calling out the violence which broke out at last week's game. It isn't a Richmond issue, it's a league-wide issue, and I just hope that all supporters tonight leave their angst at home and get behind their team in a loud but peaceful manner.

Go Pies.

Can't see how a Richmond backline without Rance and Houli has any chance of holding down JDG, Cox, Elliot, Stevo, etc.

Unless Cotch and Dusty do an absolute number on us in the mid-field - they won't - we will win this in a canter!

Can't see how a Richmond backline without Rance and Houli has any chance of holding down JDG, Cox, Elliot, Stevo, etc.

Unless Cotch and Dusty do an absolute number on us in the mid-field - they won't - we will win this in a canter!

As a horse trainer used to say to a media person when they’d say “your horse should win”:

Let’s hope you are a good judge.

I didn't rate Geelong's defence but they did it quite easily last week.

I think the expectation that our midfield or our forward line will succeed is a bit of a problem in that some of those players believed that they simply had to turn up last week and they could kick goals.

As a horse trainer used to say to a media person when they’d say “your horse should win”:

Let’s hope you are a good judge.

I didn't rate Geelong's defence but they did it quite easily last week.

I think the expectation that our midfield or our forward line will succeed is a bit of a problem in that some of those players believed that they simply had to turn up last week and they could kick goals.

It is far more fun to be over-confident than worried. Unless of course you are playing (or Jeff Kennett). And being outwardly confident before this game has this week converted the usually unpleasant experience of speaking with Richmond people into a happy one.

You can see their fear.

It is far more fun to be over-confident than worried. Unless of course you are playing (or Jeff Kennett). And being outwardly confident before this game has this week converted the usually unpleasant experience of speaking with Richmond people into a happy one.

You can see their fear.

I am confident of a better performance because last week was awful.

I’m not confident at all for this match, especially after last week’s performance so who knows what the outcome will be. I’m just shaking my head at the scheduling - why a Thursday night? Ridiculous time slot.

Tell me about it. Caught up with a couple of mates after the game last week and didn't get back to Bendigo until 1:45am. Work tomorrow so I'll be on the bike straight after the game but still don't expect to get home till 12:30-1:00am. Makes for a long day at work Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions
- Cox is held well and kicks only 1 goal
- Grundy gets angry and gets 2 goals and a higher proportion of centre taps
- See above - we get first possession more often and kick 40-50% of our goals from midfield swarming forward
- Richmond rebound quickly and score quickly against us running slowly defensively
- Jamie eats the loose ball for breakfast and kicks 5
- Roughie has a stinker against Riewoldt and concedes 4 goals
- Pies by 11 points in a close game where we manage to eke out the last 2 goals of the match in a closely fought scrap in Q4

Who kicks the winner?

Is it Grundy?!

Getting very sick of these tight games and finishes. Not good for the health. Last week and the other one at the end of September (best forgotten). Can we please just win by a lot?
Yup I hate close games for that reason. It makes me so stressed.

If we lose this I'm cutting up my membership and giving the pieces to one of those hipster buskers that play an instrument that no one know or gives a f**k about. That's it I'm done re.

Do they have them in Turkey too? :think::eek:

You better not mean a bouzouki re! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back