Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v Richmond, Simonds Stadium, 1:10PM Sunday 22 April

Predict the winner and margin

• Geelong by 49+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by 25-48

• Geelong by 1-24

• Draw

• Richmond by 1-24

• Richmond by 25-48

• Richmond by 49+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the silliest comments I've ever read.

Alex Rance is in AA form that's how well he's going at this minute, Grimes just won a NAB rising star nomination and towelled up Dawes the week before, whilst Morris is just as hard as they come, a similar player to Josh Hunt just maybe slightly less polished and skilled at this minute but with experience that part of his game should come together.

It's round 4.

One of the silliest comments I've ever read.

don't think it's silly as it's just my opinion.

May be a little harsh I guess but I don't rate Dawes at all and didn't Shoenmakers even do a number on him :confused:

Anyways...pretty convinced the boys come out fully focused and switched on in this one and should be too good if they are desperate enough.

Hawkins did play quite poorly last week but still managed to boot the 4 goals. He's really going to be too much for Rance in terms of the aerial threat and also the one on one body work as I know Rance is very strong but Hawkins is right now...on another level with his strength.

Alex Rance is in AA form that's how well he's going at this minute

It's round 4.

See above.

don't think it's silly as it's just my opinion.

May be a little harsh I guess but I don't rate Dawes at all and didn't Shoenmakers even do a number on him :confused:

Anyways...pretty convinced the boys come out fully focused and switched on in this one and should be too good if they are desperate enough.

Hawkins did play quite poorly last week but still managed to boot the 4 goals. He's really going to be too much for Rance in terms of the aerial threat and also the one on one body work as I know Rance is very strong but Hawkins is right now...on another level with his strength.

No, you saying Rance, Grimes and Morris etc are on par with a bunch of VFL players is silly.

That's fine if you don't rate Dawes but Grimes is only 19 years old himself, way undersized and yet is taking on players +10-15 KGs heavier then he is and coming out on top, impressive if you ask me.

Does anyone think this sounds familiar?

THERE was no need for coach Chris Scott to say a word after Geelong’s disappointing loss to North Melbourne last Sunday. The Geelong players did the talking for themselves.

No sooner had the echo from the final siren faded away at Etihad Stadium than the Geelong players quickly convened their own post-game meeting to deal with the 17-point loss.

“We didn’t really speak to Scotty,” young Cat Allen Christensen said. “We had a talk as a playing group and that will be kept in-house. We were pretty disappointed in the effort."

http://www.gfc.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/133442/default.aspx

Sounds to me it was a similar response to the Round 5, 2007 loss against North, and we all know what happened the following week.

Be afraid, Richmond, be very afraid. :D

I will probably put on the three Grand Finals and watch them and toast the end of an era with a bottle of red.

I can’t imagine I will be angry or disappointed , we have had so much success. It would be foolish to think it go on forever.

:thumbsu: Hopefully it's a fair way off yet-but I reckon that sounds like a really good approach for when that day finally arrives.

http://www.gfc.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/133442/default.aspx

Sounds to me it was a similar response to the Round 5, 2007 loss against North, and we all know what happened the following week.

Be afraid, Richmond, be very afraid.
:D

Your team going into that 07 game was on the verge of greatness, 3 flags worth. And 07 is a long time ago to use as a form gauge. If you want why not just go back a further 12 months when Richmond beat you down at Skilled Stadium?

Your still miles ahead of the Tiges, but the gap in this encounter is much more narrow. Cats in a good hard contest by 25

My crack at the meat tray is:

Into 25: Stokes Stringer Brown

Bench: Stokes Byrnes Duncan GHS Gillies Stringer Brown

Friday it probably becomes Stokes and Stringer in for Byrnes and Gillies.

Be afraid, Richmond, be very afraid. :D

I think it says as much about the players getting together and going over it themselves as Scotty not meeting them to talk about it immediately.

His look in that press conference post game was just terrifying. I don't think the playing group as a whole would want to face that spray - tired players or no tired players.

And on Scotty, how awesome is it to have a HC that takes criticism to heart, is honest ( :D ) in his responses and generally take no shit. You can almost see him outhinking the journo's as they ask their questions.

He is well on his way to being a hallmark coach in this league....

Even takes his own brother to task about copying Geleong's old playing style.

Getting some Jimmy type firmness about Scotty..... :p

GO Catters....

The Henny Pennys are out in force this week.....no faith at all.

If Geelong lose by 7 goals I will give myself a red card!!!!!

ha ha. See that's the sort of commitment that's needed. :thumbsu:

I will probably put on the three Grand Finals and watch them and toast the end of an era with a bottle of red.

I can’t imagine I will be angry or disappointed , we have had so much success. It would be foolish to think it go on forever.

Good answer mate.
I wasn't trying to probe anyone. Just trying to sense some feelings.

Interestingly there has been very little comment on the question.
There could be a number of reasons. People cant contemplate the scenario. People know it's a possibility but they dont want to discuss it. Almost like it's a taboo subject.

In previous years there would have been post after post of 'can't happen. Impossible!

So maybe people know it looks like it's around the corner.

FWIW, depending on team selection I think the Cats will show some enormous grit this week. And that may be enough for an 11 point win.

But if the team stays the same experience wise. We are there for the taking.
Richmond are playing better footy than North.
They are tighter across the ground.

If Geelong lose to Richmond at Simonds Stadium on Sunday, arguably one of the greatest teams in the history of football VS a side that has struggled for a decade to even feature in the finals, it will well & truly be an end of an era.

For a starters, our backline is 10 folds better than theirs (even without scarlett)
Our forward line is definately better. Jpod & Hawkins are currently 1 & 2 for the race of the coleman medal just in case people haven't noticed. Then you got Stevie J running around and lets not forget Chappy, who might be a bit down on form, but he had the best ever preseason of his career i heard - write him off at your perlious. Thats a pretty awesome forward line if u ask me, richmonds doesnt even compare.
Richmond hasn't got a bad midfield but last time i checked we still go bartel, kelly, corey, selwood. We at least break even in the midfield, if not beat them. our rucks are crap, but there's is no better.

So many people pushing the panic button after 1 tiny loss to Nth Melbourne, geeezzz.... chillax!
Over the past 5 years, we've lost to middle range teams and bounced back to go on to feature in grand finals.

lol tsk tsk tsk, so much lack of faith cats supporters..
such a shame, so many of u are going to have egg on your face come Sunday afternoon. I can nearly guarantee the cats will come out blazing in the first 10 minutes of the game and instantly put richmond under the pump, they won't know what hit them.

Cats by 80 odd for mine.

Furthermore, if people think it might be the end of an era, how did we beat Hawthorn less than 2 weeks ago?
We fell apart in between the hawks & roos game did we? lol. stupid.
Wake up people, WE HAD A BAD DAY LAST WEEKEND!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and Hunt, and Wojcinski, and maybe Mackie too?

Sure do.

Enright, Taylor, Longeran,
then we got someone like a Kelly playing off a half back flank, lol.
Experience & skill, lol we destroy their backline.

‏ @CatsInsider
A couple of big stories and big inclusions in the Cats squad tonight! Just under an hour til all is revealed. #aflcatstigers

Wonder what the big stories are?

Sure do.

Enright, Taylor, Longeran,
then we got someone like a Kelly playing off a half back flank, lol.
Experience & skill, lol we destroy their backline.

Not sure I see any relevance unless your backline is to playforward this week otherwise you should be concentrating on how your backs match our forwards. Looking forward to this contest this week as we fell short against the blues & pies so the cats are the next to aim for.

Not expecting any changes for the Tiges as coburg had a bye last week so we should come down there full of confidence

The big stories might be more the outs than the ins.

I doubt it. The Cats Insider twitter account always exaggerates things.

My bet is the big story is confirmation of Jesse Stringer's inclusion in the squad. Which may not be a "big story" per se, but to be fair it is a good story, and it's always great to see a rookie get their chance.

Another interesting selection issue this week is whether or not they go down the futile path of persisting with Tom Gillies.

Many seem to be presuming he will be an automatic out, but if his inclusion last week was for structural reasons as others have insisted, then if Smedts is absent for another week, Gillies should logically stay in the side (perish the thought).

Another interesting selection issue this week is whether or not they go down the futile path of persisting with Tom Gillies.

Many seem to be presuming he will be an automatic out, but if his inclusion last week was for structural reasons as others have insisted, then if Smedts is absent for another week, Gillies should logically stay in the side (perish the thought).

He's probable got two chances Smedts and Mackie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back