Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v Richmond, Simonds Stadium, 1:10PM Sunday 22 April

Predict the winner and margin

• Geelong by 49+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by 25-48

• Geelong by 1-24

• Draw

• Richmond by 1-24

• Richmond by 25-48

• Richmond by 49+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench: Byrnes JHunt Duncan GHS Stringer Orren Schroder

Kel out is a big blow, hopefully it's only a one weeker. Explains why Stringer is in, will definitely play now to bolster the midfield.

Actually given Kelly out I'd play Schroder over Stokes for some extra grunt at the stoppages. Probably doesn't have the fitness for a full game yet but he could certainly play a role as the sub.

Pretty surprised Gillies stays in although Richmond do have three tall forwards so there is some merit in that.

Anyway I don't see them leaving Stokes out so it'll be Stokes and Stringer in for Byrnes and Kelly.

Josh Hunt will probably play in the vfl to find fitness and Byrnes and Schroder will miss out.

Just had $50 on Tigers over 24.5 @ $17
Go Cats though. :D

Ugh, Kelly out...losing a contested ball winner is the last thing we needed this week.

Bizarrely, I'm pretty sure this game will only go one of two ways...either we come out fired up and reassert the Geelong of old by pumping Richmond by 10+ goals, or Richmond wins a relatively tight one (10-30 points) in a huge boilover, effectively ending both our top four pretensions and our mighty era of dominance.

Just my gut feeling. The Geelong of 2007-2011, the Geelong which (with the players we have) undoubtedly should still exist, would refuse to give Richmond a chance on Sunday. Hopefully they don't, but I do feel uncertainty going in to this one.

Personnel-wise we remain a top four team - quite easily in fact - but in Rounds 1 and 3 we were missing some psychological intangible which all aspiring top four teams require. I guess we'll see whether the boys are still made of the right stuff on Sunday.

Sure do.

Enright, Taylor, Longeran,
then we got someone like a Kelly playing off a half back flank, lol.
Experience & skill, lol we destroy their backline.

bada bing

Ugh, Kelly out...losing a contested ball winner is the last thing we needed this week.

Bizarrely, I'm pretty sure this game will only go one of two ways...either we come out fired up and reassert the Geelong of old by pumping Richmond by 10+ goals, or Richmond wins a relatively tight one (10-30 points) in a huge boilover, effectively ending both our top four pretensions and our mighty era of dominance.

Just my gut feeling. The Geelong of 2007-2011, the Geelong which (with the players we have) undoubtedly should still exist, would refuse to give Richmond a chance on Sunday. Hopefully they don't, but I do feel uncertainty going in to this one.

Personnel-wise we remain a top four team - quite easily in fact - but in Rounds 1 and 3 we were missing some psychological intangible which all aspiring top four teams require. I guess we'll see whether the boys are still made of the right stuff on Sunday.

If we did that it would only be fair seems we did allow you to start it :D

Kelly is a big loss, Hogan's stocks have fallen if he cant get in squad this week. I hope they give Horlin-Smith a go in the middle. Brynes appeals as a sub. I would prefer not to to see Schroder this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly is a big loss, Hogan's stocks have fallen if he cant get in squad this week. I hope they give Horlin-Smith a go in the middle. Brynes appeals as a sub. I would prefer not to to see Schroder this week.

Agree, if Hogan can't get a game with a misfiring Chappy and Corey and an injured Kelly and they've put in a rookie list midfielder instead, it isn't looking good for him. Still early in the season, but he'd be worried.

I'd like to see Byrnes sub too but I can't see how it will happen. Stringer will play, no point elevating him this week otherwise, and someone has to go out for Stokes. I'd think they want 2 ruckmen (and Orren was good last week) and you won't drop GHS after that debut. And since Gillies isn't on the bench he's safe. All means Shan out IMO. Might not be a bad thing, for him to have a full game in the 2's.

If we did that it would only be fair seems we did allow you to start it :D

Yes, there would be a kind of poetic symmetry to the era starting with fixtures against North and Richmond, and ending with the same.

You can guarantee every lead paragraph in the major paragraph will mention it (if it so transpires that Richmond does win).

Stokes and Brynes have the experience and we have a number of very junior players in the squad already. Stringer appears a more genuine ball winner (though lacking class) can probably do a job for us on a one off basis.

I would prefer Schroder debuted when Horlin-smith or Motlop need a rest.

Now that really surprises me ypo. Thought you bled blue and white. :eek:

What does that have to do with supporting the team?

I've only made three bets in my life, and they were all against Geelong in matches I desperately wanted us to win. That is the only type of bet I will ever make...you can convince yourself you win either way (and believe me, it does work to a degree).

I'm feeling more and more pessimistic about this one, which ironically makes me more likely to bet on the Tigers.

What does that have to do with supporting the team?

I've only made three bets in my life, and they were all against Geelong in matches I desperately wanted us to win. That is the only type of bet I will ever make...you can convince yourself you win either way (and believe me, it does work to a degree).

I'm feeling more and more pessimistic about this one, which ironically makes me more likely to bet on the Tigers.

I often feel pessimistic about possible game outcomes. But I would never bet aganist my team. Whatever you feel comfortable with I guess.

Now that really surprises me ypo. Thought you bled blue and white. :eek:

I do, but it's my way of trying to dealing with the stress,I'm like Leigh Mathews watching footy,I'm riding bumps,ducking tackles,THROW IN A LITTLE ELBOW here and there, don't sit still for a moment,and go into deep depression if the Cats go down.

It's just my way, in what I think will be a close game,I've done heaps on the Hawks in resent times but I'm not complaining,;)

I often feel pessimistic about possible game outcomes. But I would never bet against my team. Whatever you feel comfortable with I guess.

I can understand your pessimism.

These are the kind of games Geelong usually lose.

Somebody had to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back