Game Day AFL Round 6 - Collingwood vs Geelong Matchday Discussion (Broomy sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm done with Cloke, his seriously the worst kick at goal I think I've ever seen in the AFL.
For someone who is paid at what he is, it's a disgrace to have to hide behind my hands as he kicks for goal.

A loss is a loss. The thing that annoys me is how cocky people on this board have been the last couple of weeks, after beating nothing of any quality.
Some have been cocky. Most of us have been realistic and even tipped missing finals although happy with the effort over the last couple of weeks. We were widely tipped to lose to Essendon and broke even against the Saints on exposed form.

Buckley just go back to basics and play man on man ...Cats have 30 more kicks , 40 hand passes and 30 more marks ..It's half time ..Buckley needs to go
You need to go - trolls belong under bridges.

Armstrong is terrible... VFL level player at the moment... plays for himself, no impact without the ball...

Yep, most of the boys are terrible tonight. But there is a reason why white and Armstrong were let go so easily. Both only vfl quality. Tbh would much rather Gault. At least he throws his body around a bit.

Karnezis asking for TA to shepherd, but all he wanted was a stat.

Poor from Karnezis, he should have either fired off the handpass straight away and shepherd, drawn the man to him and shepherd or dummy and get pass the bloke. Instead he gave a hanpass to Armstrong that immediately put him under pressure.

Since you're so assured I'll let you choose!!!

You can proclaim me as the bigfooty messiah if I'm right. I will be. ;)
Well...since I am right about us tonight....Your new sig for a whole week can be a "I LOVE GEELONG" sig.

Look, I've spent many years of my life getting too upset by people's comments about Collingwood. I don't care about stats, I don't care about the score line, I don't care what the media say. It's only half time and all I'm watching for now is how we respond. 4-1 is deceiving and although I was expecting us to be performing better than this, it doesn't surprise me because that's what we did all of last year.

What we need to be looking for as supporters is how we respond from here. If we continue to capitulate and get smashed by 70-80 points, then that's disappointing, but let's hope we can get the game back on our terms and at least bring the margin back to 4 goals at least.

I think the Frost on Hawkins move caused them to get an early run on. He was the one who got them up early.
Agreed. Buckley has been out-classed by Chris Scott. Just one of several coaching errors that he has been unable to correct and turn to our advantage. Let's also not pretend that Karnezis has an AFL future. Swan and Adams have barely been sighted. Marley Williams has made mistake upon mistake. In fact, no one has stood out for us tonight. Meanwhile, as is our habit, we have created a new competition star - Blicavs.

I'm at the game and its strange that literally no one is running. Even the Cats defenders are running down the ground and their man isn't going with them. Seriously. No one is running. At all. That's the one biggest difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you can isolate or single out one player, that was an appalling effort across the board. Usual suspects doing their best to fly the flag and show some fight.
Need to show some ticker second half similar to the crows game. Will be interesting to watch to see who stands up.

THATSGOOLD i give you a license to go off
Oh well looks like we made a mistake to bring witts in for gault as he cant give fwd line presser to keep ball in the fwd 50.
Armstrong is not up to it and will be glad to see ramsay back who doesn't dive on the ground after being tackled.
All in all it's a big reality check for our younger boys to learn from to lift another level when players go out injured.
White and Cloke well get another a goal kicking coach as magpiegirl can kick better than you.
Give credit to geelong to move the ball as quick as they can to beat the press and use athletic big men in stanley and blicavs to find and under down slow witts out.
Head up pies fans as we can't win them all and the better team is winning the game on the day so far :)

Genuinely surprised anyone could blame Buckley for what's happening tonight. Your blokes aren't giving a whimper, doesn't matter who he puts where. You had Pendlebury, Grundy, Swan and Crisp in at a bounce before and didn't even look like laying a hand on the ball before it was whisked into the Cat's forward line
It's not just tonight ???????? It's any top 8 side we get thumped because the lack of playing man on man ... Cats 30 kicks up , 40 hand passes , and 30 marks and it's half time ..Go back and watch the Crows game same thing and plenty last year GC , DOGS ,BOMBERS alol games we should w
You need to go - trolls belong under bridges.

Poor from Karnezis, he should have either fired off the handpass straight away and shepherd, drawn the man to him and shepherd or dummy and get pass the bloke. Instead he gave a hanpass to Armstrong that immediately put him under pressure.
Could have, but TA could have just as easily laid the shepherd himself instead of cherry picking on the outside.

Watching the footy, so you want him to keep the game plan the same for the rest of the game.
Of course not but your flog of a coach call has come out of nowhere. Didn't see you saying that after a couple of wins. Can't change the plan at the quarter time break nor can he kick the ball for head cases like Cloke and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back