Game Day AFL Round 8 - Collingwood vs Brisbane Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Marsh not getting a game in that back 6 with Brown and Reid injured? The guy showed so much promise late last season yet I haven't heard a peep about him in eight rounds. Nothing on the Collingwood injury list page to indicate he's injured so just what the hell is going on with him?
I'm pretty sure he missed the game two weeks ago, and not totally sure whether he played the whole game last week. It would have been an ideal time to bring him in obviously, with Brown and Reid missing, but I guess they are wary of his hamstring issues and want to be sure that he's worth the risk.

He seems to have a fair bit going for him, I think once he can string a few good games together he should get his chance.

He is also an emergency for this week's game, I don't know who they've taken as the spare player(s), so he might show up yet.

I'm pretty sure he missed the game two weeks ago, and not totally sure whether he played the whole game last week. It would have been an ideal time to bring him in obviously, with Brown and Reid missing, but I guess they are wary of his hamstring issues and want to be sure that he's worth the risk.

He seems to have a fair bit going for him, I think once he can string a few good games together he should get his chance.

He is also an emergency for this week's game, I don't know who they've taken as the spare player(s), so he might show up yet.

Phillips.

Phillips.
Thanks mate. I thought he was the one they should have taken (only assuming none of the emergencies are called on). Overall, it's more important to be getting game time into Cloke and Marsh, hopefully both will play well for the Reserves in a few hours time.

Thanks mate. I thought he was the one they should have taken (only assuming none of the emergencies are called on). Overall, it's more important to be getting game time into Cloke and Marsh, hopefully both will play well for the Reserves in a few hours time.

Yep, absolutely. Wouldn't even mind if Phillips comes in, actually. Has played well enough from what I've seen these past couple of months that, given how we've spun the numbers this season, one more debutante on top of the rest is hardly going to break the camel's back (because Davoren broke it weeks ago... :$:drunk: )

Yep, absolutely. Wouldn't even mind if Phillips comes in, actually. Has played well enough from what I've seen these past couple of months that, given how we've spun the numbers this season, one more debutante on top of the rest is hardly going to break the camel's back (because Davoren broke it weeks ago... :$:drunk: )
It would be a bit surprising if we didn't have a late change, given our recent record! He looks a good prospect, like Crocker, perhaps he's not really ready for senior football yet, but he's as deserving as any. Given our injury issues they're just about all likely to get a chance at some stage this season, with no realistic chance of it being a successful year the best we can hope for from here is that two or three of the young lads can really establish themselves in the side.

How is Marsh not getting a game in that back 6 with Brown and Reid injured? The guy showed so much promise late last season yet I haven't heard a peep about him in eight rounds. Nothing on the Collingwood injury list page to indicate he's injured so just what the hell is going on with him?

The club is being cautious with Marsh. He didn't play the full VFL game last week, so not quite ready. Given our precarious injury position, and his injury history, its understandable. If they played him, and he broke down again, can you imagine the outcry on here?

I am trying to get my 8 year old into the footy and supporting the Pies so I'm taking her along to the Gabba tonight. Not confident that taking her to games at the moment is a good idea though. Watching this could cause some long term trauma and the lure of Freo with their purple colors is always strong for her.

I believed we would beat Carlton, I think we will beat Brisbane, a little rocked from last week.

If losing to Carlton is not motivation enough to come out and beat Brisbane, the rest of the year is purely development.

again...

I put the avoidance of our third wooden spoon ahead of development now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am trying to get my 8 year old into the footy and supporting the Pies so I'm taking her along to the Gabba tonight. Not confident that taking her to games at the moment is a good idea though. Watching this could cause some long term trauma and the lure of Freo with their purple colors is always strong for her.

Why do young all seem to love purple?

In still in battle mode with my daughter. She says she a collingwood girl but keeps mentioning those damn Bulldogs. Is losing this year isn't helping the cause. At least she knows boarding school is her new home if she doesn't barrack for the pies.

In that case I recommend you take quite a bit of cash with you and buy her whatever she wants at the Pies outlet (assuming there is one). Combine this with junk food and fizzy drinks, and you might get there (from the Vicky Park manual of good parenting).

Why do young all seem to love purple?

In still in battle mode with my daughter. She says she a collingwood girl but keeps mentioning those damn Bulldogs. Is losing this year isn't helping the cause. At least she knows boarding school is her new home if she doesn't barrack for the pies.

Yeah the Bulldogs was an issue for my son despite me being a Pies supporter and his mum following the Cats. I even stopped him patting our dog for a while. Seriously though put the effort in (code for be as mean as necessary) and they can't help but be Pies supporters.

In that case I recommend you take quite a bit of cash with you and buy her whatever she wants at the Pies outlet (assuming there is one). Combine this with junk food and fizzy drinks, and you might get there (from the Vicky Park manual of good parenting).

Don't forget the jam donuts on the way out of the ground. After a loss they can eat straight away and with the first bite the result disappears. After a win they have to wait till we get to the car so they can take in the atmosphere and keep singing the song. Either way its like Pavlov's dogs - a trip to watch the Pies always ends well.

He's just coasting along... Not really demanding a senior spot.

Not confident at all of a win here really.

We couldn't even beat Carlton, ****ING CARLTON.

How are we going to beat a Lions team that has played really well the last 2 games at the GABBA?

If they play anywhere near the level they played against the Swans we can't win, just can't.

So it's come to this, not even expecting us to get close against a bottom 4 side, all be it interstate.

You will have to lie to her Doodles.

Tell her that winning isn't everything.

Not full fit I believe. But getting there.
If his legs stand up, he could be a mainstay in the back with some dash and future leadership (ie directing traffic as he loves the talking on field part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back