Review AFL Round 8-Geelong defeats Carlton by 77 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive... good percentage booster and no injuries

Negative... i am standing up on the train back to Geelong with wobbly beer legs

Cant take much out of that.

You know Carlton is stuffed when the cheer squad is happy a score review only gives us a point (and their team is 11 goals down)

Can't carried away given how poor Carlton were, but good to see so many youngsters play well. Maybe a slight exaggeration but I thought Thurlow was outstanding
You can tell he is A) really smart and B) been hanging around with Boris. He just has a box of tricks - smart little taps, good tackles, knows how to work the spaces etc etc. For a player who hasn't even played 20 games it's pretty amazing.

Really pleased with Kersten's second half, he's wanting to belong I think. Mackie was great coming from all that time off scoring 57 points in a half of footy just balances up the team down back
Rivers again strong and dependable. Great win!

He did a fair bit of dumby leads , and he seemed to do some off ball work. If can keep his spot..he should keep getting better..but if he couldn't look good against "Them" , there would be no one he could play against.

On Rivers.... What do you think Rivers , Stanley , Clark..would be thinking ina quiet moment , in the corner sipping on the sports drink... Been there done that... might not not be Premiership here at the moment but boy a lot more enjoyable playing in a side thats sings the song at the end of the game.

Positive... good percentage booster and no injuries

Negative... i am standing up on the train back to Geelong with wobbly beer legs
Need to pace yourself, your getting up in years now :p

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Willo_

Good win Geelong. What does Guthrie have to do to get a free!
Improvement of Kersten best thing about the night.
Hate to think what the scoreline would have looked like if Selwood and Motlop had played well.
Poor Carlton.

He got a free jumper what more does he want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you I said Carlton were putrid and we should smash them and was right.

Murphy gets nothing but cheap shit in the backline and doesn't hurt you, Thomas is paid 700k a year to bob up and kick 2 goals from 7 touches.
Gibbs... lol

the smooottth mooottther Yarran... L.O.L

Very good game overall. Blicavs, Guthrie, Caddy and Murdoch were good, among others. Selwood got tagged out of the match, so it was good to see some of the others step up a bit. Curnow gave him a very hard tag. But we can't get too carried away by the result - it was against Carlton. They were poor, and have been for the whole season.
We need to build some momentum and just play some good, solid consistent footy - whether it's in a win loss or draw. Definitely a positive result overall today, we just need to keep it up.
Judging from this season's results so far, we are a middle of the road side at the moment. We get belted by the top handful of sides (sometimes we can stick with them for a quarter or two), but we can also give the bottom sides a good shove around. West Coast in Perth will be an interesting game. I feel they are a medium-level side, maybe on the slightly higher end of that group. If our tall forwards can fire, we should be in with a big chance to snag the four points (obviously with Mackenzie and Mitch Brown injured).

Last edited:
He did a fair bit of dumby leads , and he seemed to do some off ball work. If can keep his spot..he should keep getting better..but if he couldn't look good against "Them" , there would be no one he could play against.

On Rivers.... What do you think Rivers , Stanley , Clark..would be thinking ina quiet moment , in the corner sipping on the sports drink... Been there done that... might not not be Premiership here at the moment but boy a lot more enjoyable playing in a side thats sings the song at the end of the game.
Gee, the Blues boys just looked flatter than a pancake, didn't they?

Do you mind telling me what type of tag the thread has? ;)

A backfire one, and rightfully so. Find it hilarious that Podgey is there flying the flag while the OP has long gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review AFL Round 8-Geelong defeats Carlton by 77 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back