Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So because we don't have those classier, faster, smarter team, you are happy to see us meander aimlessly without trying something different? Good for you, don't think any of us have the patience.
The Afl gave us this shit team. She can only do what she can, with what she has got. She deserves to be given some time with better players available. We have improved. Which considering our list and major loses to personnel this season, is a bloody good effort

The Afl gave us this shit team. She can only do what she can, with what she has got. She deserves to be given some time with better players available. We have improved. Which considering our list and major loses to personnel this season, is a bloody good effort
Losing to a bottom 4 team has got nothing to do with players selected 6 years ago.

Just looking at the numbers East had 10 tackles in each of her last two full games in rounds 3 & 4 so there's a bit to search with there. That's approaching on Bowers territory... almost 😉.

She actually only missed 1.5 weeks in the end though, getting concussed in r5.

And she only debuted in '22, so it's a little harsh putting strong judgements on that year especially.
Edit: missed the Hawks game too... obviously d'uh. So yes 2 + games.

What annoys me is that the whole time the eagles have sucked, they have received priority picks in a draft that only impacted us. It was always going to be hard to get top talent the last few years and I think that’s affected our teams performance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So because we don't have those classier, faster, smarter team, you are happy to see us meander aimlessly without trying something different? Good for you, don't think any of us have the patience.
I've been impressed with Webb's coaching chops. She's got something.

We're still right in this season too despite losing our best player. I'd be happy for her to have more time.

Emotion after a loss to a bottom 4 side will always be high but have to look at the season as a whole.
I wasn’t a fan of recruiting all these older players but they have been fantastic and although we look a mile off the top sides like NM, Bris and Adel, I can’t help to think how close we would be to those sides with Bowers, Tighe and Stannett and if we can get them all out on the park next year then maybe we are a chance.

Tighe and to a lesser extent Stannet are big losses. Unfortunately I think we have seen the best of Bowers, she still definitely is in our best 22 but not the player she used to be. Miller was missed today.

But make no mistake that Carlton team is bog average.

FWIW I was a big supporter of Webb, but I'm not sure anyone would be able to identify our game style, if we in fact have one.

Tighe and to a lesser extent Stannet are big losses. Unfortunately I think we have seen the best of Bowers, she still definitely is in our best 22 but not the player she used to be. Miller was missed today.

But make no mistake that Carlton team is bog average.

FWIW I was a big supporter of Webb, but I'm not sure anyone would be able to identify our game style, if we in fact have one.
Bowers still shits all over our bottom 10 players

The depth is being tested and the reality is we don't have much depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back