Aker Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Acker looking after his future.

Hypothetical... one of your players does the following...

- Leaks sensitive information about a teammates injury, days before you play in a Grand Final.
- When dropped to the reserves for refusing to do the team thing, he is asked by the media if he wants to stay at the club... his response is "I'm about a 5 percent chance of staying here next year".
- He criticises the club's game plan in the media.
- An email from his email address posts on a public site that the coach is a ****wit.
- Is asked to curtail a handstand gimmick as a sign that he wants to be one of the team, he goes on radio and says he wants to punch his teammates in the face.
- Lies to his club and says that a controversial and bigoted article he wrote was tampered with by the newspaper. As a result the club goes on the record to defend him, only to be humiliated when it turns out he lied.
- Refuses to keep quiet while serving his penance for the above, and instead goes on the air to say that he is in the top 5 players at his club. Basically telling 90 percent of his teammates "you are less than me".

These are just a few of Aker's transgressions.

Anyone who thinks Aker has been sacked for being a mere breath of fresh air are simply not looking hard enough. The reality appears to be that the great unwashed are simply addicted to the gossipy trash that comes out of his mouth. Admit it, you don't want him at your club, and all you are pissed about is that the Bulldogs have taken away a cheap source of entertainment.

Aker is reaping what he has sown. He is two for two in terms of being sacked by AFL clubs. No club just throws talent away willy nilly. If he did the same things at any other club, the result would have been the same.

In the coming months, you are going to really see what little integrity this bloke has. Every tidbit of gossip will be sold to the highest bidder.

Great career... 3 premierships, and Brownlow Medal but unforunately, very few mates.

You forgot the final straw.
The players do not want to play with him as he has a book coming out at the end of the year that critisises alot of the bulldog players.
Would you want to play with a bloke who thinks he is better than the team??? and is retiring at the end of the year with a book about to be realesedthat insults alot of the teams players???

Hypothetical... one of your players does the following...

- Leaks sensitive information about a teammates injury, days before you play in a Grand Final.
- When dropped to the reserves for refusing to do the team thing, he is asked by the media if he wants to stay at the club... his response is "I'm about a 5 percent chance of staying here next year".
- He criticises the club's game plan in the media.
- An email from his email address posts on a public site that the coach is a ****wit.
- Is asked to curtail a handstand gimmick as a sign that he wants to be one of the team, he goes on radio and says he wants to punch his teammates in the face.
- Lies to his club and says that a controversial and bigoted article he wrote was tampered with by the newspaper. As a result the club goes on the record to defend him, only to be humiliated when it turns out he lied.
- Refuses to keep quiet while serving his penance for the above, and instead goes on the air to say that he is in the top 5 players at his club. Basically telling 90 percent of his teammates "you are less than me".

These are just a few of Aker's transgressions.

Anyone who thinks Aker has been sacked for being a mere breath of fresh air are simply not looking hard enough. The reality appears to be that the great unwashed are simply addicted to the gossipy trash that comes out of his mouth. Admit it, you don't want him at your club, and all you are pissed about is that the Bulldogs have taken away a cheap source of entertainment.

Aker is reaping what he has sown. He is two for two in terms of being sacked by AFL clubs. No club just throws talent away willy nilly. If he did the same things at any other club, the result would have been the same.

In the coming months, you are going to really see what little integrity this bloke has. Every tidbit of gossip will be sold to the highest bidder.

Great career... 3 premierships, and Brownlow Medal but unforunately, very few mates.

Also after am honest review 18 months ago he was unhappy with the verdict and went and told a journo at The Age what he thought of his 'unfair' review making the club look bad (Rodney Eade never got over this)

You forgot the final straw.
The players do not want to play with him as he has a book coming out at the end of the year that critisises alot of the bulldog players.
Would you want to play with a bloke who thinks he is better than the team??? and is retiring at the end of the year with a book about to be realesedthat insults alot of the teams players???

are they not soft

All Aker had to do was pull his head in.

Aker refused to pull his head in.

Aker knew the consequenses of not pulling his head in.

Aker chose to ignore the consequenses.

Aker got what was coming to him.

That is all.

Very short sighted call on Aker.

If you were to sack him then do it a month ago,don't make him play VFL then flick him.

Johnno is cactus and Eagleton may not be fit come finals.Hill and Stack aren't yet up to finals pressure.The Dogs will regret this when they come up a few goals short in the finals.

And guess what, no one will feel sorry for them!

And the moral of this story is, don't be a twat unless you are still playing good football.

So true!!

In the end NO club would look good sacking a player, especially at this time of the season

WHY???

I was indifferent to the Dogs plight, well I wanted them or the Saints to finally win one, now I don't care for the Dogs, never like Smorgan and now I was reminded why I despised him and didn't like the Dogs...

Now time for the Doggies season to roll over...

Arses will be pointing to the roof down at bulldog land. :)

It will be "Hey *******, pick the soap up for me will ya" :eek::(

Aker is a peanut, but I don't understand what he did that deserved him to be sacked. I can understand the club pulling him aside and telling him that he will be sacked if his behaviour continues. I can understand the club telling him that as long as he is whinging about playing in the VFL, then he will never play in the seniors again, and possibly even sacked.

However, I don't know what he did or disclosed that deserves this action, so therefore I disagree with the people that completely support his sacking because as far as I am concerned, the Western Bulldogs have not shown whether they are right or wrong regarding this decision. I think an indefinite stint in the VFL team and a fine would have been an appropriate penalty from the info I've read, and then the rest of the season would have been up to him if he could completely fall into line this time

He was told some 5 or 6 weeks when he lied to the club about the gay article that he had to get his head right. He had to work hard on & off the track to earn back some of the trust that had been lost.

Since then he has trained hard and got his body right and played some reasonable footy in the VFL, but he has continued to speak out in the media and has passed off in-house information to messers Price & Newman (and others) which has been frowned upon.

The club had probably made the decision that he wasn't going to be played again and rather than keep him around and listen to him whinge about his non-selection and heap crap on the competition he is playing in they thought best to cut ties.

Find me a footy club that would retain a player that has been found to have written a book that bags CURRENT team mates! He had a choice a month ago to concentrate on getting fit and playing good footy with a view to finishing a stellar carreer on a high with the rest of his life to do media but again he chose to shoot off at the mouth the following morning. Tough call heading into the finals but i think the right one. Very interesting that in todays paper it is WE-yes we . Pity that wasnt the case all along!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find me a footy club that would retain a player that has been found to have written a book that bags CURRENT team mates!

Acker talked about this on his radio spot this morning, finding it incredulous that Johnno (and co) could conceivably have a go at him for writing negative things about players in a book that isn't even finished or published yet? Acker went on to say he found it crazy to think others would think he would write a book and in it bag his team mates that he played with. What would the world think of him then? He wouldn't do it. He didn't do it. Any any suggestion that he did write negative things is wrong, and pure guesswork. Clairvoyance, is the word he used.

He had a choice a month ago to concentrate on getting fit and playing good footy with a view to finishing a stellar carreer on a high with

Five goals in the twos speaks that he was playing reasonable footy.

Where I wanted to dogs to win the flag this year, that has ended with how this legendary player has been treated.

he went back, did his penance, and then gets the flick.

The recent error was Sam Newman's - something for which Sam has apologised, to both Acker and the club.

But, really, go to a homeless shelter? A 3 time premiership player and brownlow medallist? Puhlease. Amateur hour at the kennel.

Acker talked about this on his radio spot this morning, finding it incredulous that Johnno (and co) could conceivably have a go at him for writing negative things about players in a book that isn't even finished or published yet? Acker went on to say he found it crazy to think others would think he would write a book and in it bag his team mates that he played with. What would the world think of him then? He wouldn't do it. He didn't do it. Any any suggestion that he did write negative things is wrong, and pure guesswork. Clairvoyance, is the word he used.

Where I wanted to dogs to win the flag this year, that has ended with how this legendary player has been treated.

The recent error was Sam Newman's - something for which Sam has apologised, to both Acker and the club.

But, really, go to a homeless shelter? A 3 time premiership player and brownlow medallist? Puhlease. Amateur hour at the kennel.
Wouldnt bag team mates he played with? Thats all he has done since leaving Brisbane.

Wouldnt bag team mates he played with? Thats all he has done since leaving Brisbane.

Really? Proof?

Acker has never aired dirty laundry about Brisvegas players. He said he never got along with some of his teammates - wow, shock, horror. I think he said Voss was a control freak (?) - again, jeepers, what a shock. That's not bagging your team mates.

Question is - what are the doggies players afraid of?

Now that the Dogs have flicked him - I hope he adds a chapter in his book that might go some way to explain why the club has only 1 flag to its name. Short-sighted myopic knee-jerk reactions like this probably don't help.

Really? Proof?

Acker has never aired dirty laundry about Brisvegas players. He said he never got along with some of his teammates - wow, shock, horror. I think he said Voss was a control freak (?) - again, jeepers, what a shock. That's not bagging your team mates.

Now that the Dogs have flicked him - I hope he adds a chapter in his book that might go some way to explain why the club has only 1 flag to its name. Short-sighted myopic knee-jerk reactions like this probably don't help.

I think this might be the guts of it.
I think it should be relatively easy for a club to distance itself from his media commentary by one of their players ( The opinions expressed are those of Jason Ackermanis is not that of the Footscray football club ).
I can't believe that would be a reason to sack him at this time of year.

Remembering that both Brisbane and now Footscray had issues with him, I think he must be a disruptive or abrasive influence among the playing group, and that this is the underlying reason they want him gone.

What else would he say. Suppose we will never know as any incriminating passages in his book will surely be edited to make him look like the victim.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/jason-akermanis

You know, he was never going to make it back into that team. It was decided prior to the gay article.

This is not over by a long long way.

He has said on radio, he wants proof of their allegations, as he never did anything. He also said that the supposed stuff they thought he was writing in his book are not there. If you read his last book, thats not his style, or his interest.

Pathetic. a AFL footballer speaks out about gays and he is sacked. Gays have too much power these days and if they keep getting power its going to destroy this country. This is what happens when you let gays out of the closet. Unfortunately it has now costed a decorated footballer his career. Hopefully Aker ends up at another club. Would like to see him at Carlton.

It's not just gays but all minorities. Their first action when anything at all is said about them is to go on the attack and scream like little babies to make sure they stay on their pedestal.

Really? Proof?

By sacking him in the way they have - dropped dishonestly and set up over 6 weeks -they have absolutely ensured we will find out.

They have put a huge public spotlight on what ever it is.

What is it??

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back