Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Stephens part of the WA crew?

How Dare You Greta GIF

Can't pin that one on us, he's Victorian.

I genuinely can't see us winning more than 6.
Alot would have to go right but say 2 wins against West Coast, 2 against the Tigers, maybe we go past Melbourne, Adelaide is an unknown, Gold Coast are gettable at Marvel/Hobart, Saints are an unknown, we havnt beaten * in 9 years, Freo will be stronger, as will the Pies with a healthy list.
And we got nowhere near this years top 8.

8 is wishful thinking. 6 is the pass mark. Anything less is a fail.

I still think getting our percentage into the 80s should be the starting point.

The issue is another couple of years down the bottom, all our players are getting older, and we will be left behind whilst over clubs are climbing up the ladder.

The winning culture in the young group won’t be developed either. It’s going to set us back and the longer we go without some success the list and the talent is going to go to waste (or leave)

This is why I can’t stand this “it will take time, it’s ok, we have the talent” crap being spewed at our club

I know I bring him up too much but look at the standards and tough expectations Sam has on the group and the club as a whole.

We suspect that people above Clarko is suppressing him and not allowing him to be himself with the group. Holding him back…..

If he is Coaching tactically in the past, you would think that he’s not surrounded himself with yes men and can have Assistants that suggest tactics and he takes them on board.

He did admit to changing things post Bye

As to Coaching the current Generation it is still about Coaching to build a rapport. If he can’t do that then there’s a bigger problem

About time the revisionist sh*t was dropped. I care about 2025 and beyond. I don’t give a flying f*ck what happened at Hawthorn, Brisbane or Port over a decade ago.

He is coaching like someone stuck in the past.
Yep …it’s almost like he wants cover / divert from the shot full present & talk up his past achievements.
I don’t give a rats how good this player is or that player is from an opposition team …
Worry about how the heck you get your own players to that level….

If he is Coaching tactically in the past, you would think that he’s not surrounded himself with yes men and can have Assistants that suggest tactics and he takes them on board.

As to Coaching the current Generation it is still about Coaching to build a rapport. If he can’t do that then there’s a bigger problem
Isn't Clarko fairly notorious for surrounding himself with yes men/acting as if he is surrounded by yes men, and needing one or two blokes who are willing to consistently go against his views to keep him in check?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than extremely poor fwd entries and retention our match plan pretty much stacked up until we lost sheezel and couldnt get our hands on the footy in the guts for the last 2 games.

And that despite some terrible disposals.

Would you consider viney a yes man?
Fair point. Guess I'm just remembering what Hodge said about Clarko. The 'my way or the highway' and the need for checks to his power. I just want there to be enough willingness to push back against him that we're getting the best possible contributions out of everyone involved

er....there is a bigger problem....

Isn't Clarko fairly notorious for surrounding himself with yes men/acting as if he is surrounded by yes men, and needing one or two blokes who are willing to consistently go against his views to keep him in check?

Well the last time I was in Match Committee I suggested throwing Roy Ramsay up to a wing.

Geezus like how would I or anyone else know on BF

😂

I do rate Eddie by the way. As a commentator, a president, host of the Footy Show & “Mullionaire”..as a bloke. He does well at whatever he has a go at and often thinks outside the square.

I’d poach him across Eugene-style, but he wouldn’t come.

He was nearly a North player. Strange to imagine how differently our 21st century would have been if Eddie was a North man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back