Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

& that’s why he gets paid the big ($1M) bucks ….
It ain't as easy as you think to overturn 2 decades of failure. It took Hardwick the best part of 8 years to rid Richmond of their losing culture, Bomber about the same at Geelong.

Hopefully won't take that long for Clarko, but it's an ongoing project. Won't turn for a while yet as most of our senior players are part of the problem.
The only players on our list who have played at a successful organisation are Shiels and Stephens. Fisher, Tucker, Teakle and Greenwood all come from other loser clubs.
We're still a fair while away, there's no magic moves that Clarko can make to speed it up.

It ain't as easy as you think to overturn 2 decades of failure. It took Hardwick the best part of 8 years to rid Richmond of their losing culture, Bomber about the same at Geelong.

Hopefully won't take that long for Clarko, but it's an ongoing project. Won't turn for a while yet as most of our senior players are part of the problem.
The only players on our list who have played at a successful organisation are Shiels and Stephens. Fisher, Tucker, Teakle and Greenwood all come from other loser clubs.
We're still a fair while away, there's no magic moves that Clarko can make to speed it up.
So you reckon he has nothing to be accounted for when we win the spoon this year?

So you reckon he has nothing to be accounted for when we win the spoon this year?
Richmond aren't winning again, so that's a moot point. Their only chance was GC, who have now the monkey off the back away from home.

But anyway, the answer is not really. We're the youngest list in the comp, with maybe 2 players aged over 26 who are any good. And even then are inconsistent and prone to brain fades (Corr, Tucker).

We need to another 2 drafts hard, while looking to bring in role players in our age profile via trade or FA.

We also need a lot of work in being able to stay composed under pressure. Probably need another 30-40 games into our core group for that.

You said this under Noble and it was true. Under Clarkson it’s not. How did Teakle go today? His individual brilliance was radiating through the screen!! Curtis could have kicked 7.
We had plenty of opportunities, we butchered them as we have all year.
Remember two years ago when we would kick 6 goals a game between Larkey and Zurharr?

Christ the reactionary nonsense in here is ridiculous.
Spot on. The opportunity was there to bury them and the players fluffed it. THEN the players shit themselves into a frenzy not knowing how to hold on.

Larkey, PC, Zurhaar, pink all missed easy shots.

Comben battled all day but by the end he was cooked. Most players are fatigued as all ****. With the players being so young, I expected em to drop right off.

Wet toast conversion with inside 50 in the first half were all under heat and pressure. That dropped off in the second half and was no existent in the last.

The only thing Clarkson could have done was punch holes in the walls. Our boys are cooked.

If in 2025 Luke McDonald is picked, I will be concerned

Richmond aren't winning again, so that's a moot point. Their only chance was GC, who have now the monkey off the back away from home.

But anyway, the answer is not really. We're the youngest list in the comp, with maybe 2 players aged over 26 who are any good. And even then are inconsistent and prone to brain fades (Corr, Tucker).

We need to another 2 drafts hard, while looking to bring in role players in our age profile via trade or FA.

We also need a lot of work in being able to stay composed under pressure. Probably need another 30-40 games into our core group for that.
Maybe the likes of Biggie, Pink, Stephens, Stephenson, CCJ, Shiels, Fishers, Tucker aren't the right role players....Gee whiz that's a rubbish group. Logue looks good but can't get on the park, sadly

Not playing Dawson is one thing.

I like Shiels but at this stage of their careers, what did North have to gain out of starting Duursma sub?
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Terrible day in the box and selection leading up.

I swear each time there’s a Hawthorn scandal update he seems to lose the plot that week.

You said this under Noble and it was true. Under Clarkson it’s not. How did Teakle go today? His individual brilliance was radiating through the screen!! Curtis could have kicked 7.
Remember two years ago when we would kick 6 goals a game between Larkey and Zurharr?

Like clockwork after loss……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how dominant our midfield was given with abysmal conversation we still kicked a score that would have won all bar 3 games this round.

Who’s been quiet ?
I’ve been in BigFooty more than ever?! But it looks like the “ I love Clarko “ fan club can’t handle anyone asking about why he picked the side he did , why did we start Duursma on the bench (useless sub) & why we had Sheez on one leg , an undersize Phillips & stuffed LDU in the most important centre bounce of the game ?!
Where PC & the Bull would have been the best option ?? But no …. the petition shit comes up whenever anyone questions a Clarko decision?!
GGF !

Who’s been quiet ?
I’ve been in BigFooty more than ever?! But it looks like the “ I love Clarko “ fan club can’t handle anyone asking about why he picked the side he did , why did we start Duursma on the bench (useless sub) & why we had Sheez on one leg , an undersize Phillips & stuffed LDU in the most important centre bounce of the game ?!
Where PC & the Bull would have been the best option ?? But no …. the petition shit comes up whenever anyone questions a Clarko decision?!
GGF !

‘GGF’ - motivational speaker now!

The ‘I love Clarko’ fan club can definitely take it but just find it super amusing when it comes from someone from the ‘Lynch would be better than Clarko’ fan club! No more to be said really.

The ‘I love Clarko’ fan club can definitely take it but just find it super amusing when it comes from someone from the ‘Lynch would be better than Clarko’ fan club! No more to be said really.
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

He donates 4.2 million dollars to the club, every year. Do you know who you are talking to?

Anyone grading his 2 seasons more than a 4/10 are either being delusional or far too accepting. He will have 3 players in the AA squad. Once again we had 80 more disposals. Better disposal efficiency. We won clearances. We won contested and uncontested possession. Tackles, turnovers and one percenters were dead even. This is a weekly occurrence. We have an atrocious game plan. This is the players not knowing what to do with ball in hand.
He tried a different game plan earlier in the year with faster, more corridor ball movement. The players couldn't execute it because they are generally poor kicks of the footy and/or make poor decisions and those turnovers cost us goals.
We've slowed it down so the structure gets set ahead of the footy and we are at least set up defensively to defend those attacks that cost us earlier in the year. I don't think he's got the cattle yet to take on more risk in the game plan.

He tried a different game plan earlier in the year with faster, more corridor ball movement. The players couldn't execute it because they are generally poor kicks of the footy and/or make poor decisions and those turnovers cost us goals.
We've slowed it down so the structure gets set ahead of the footy and we are at least set up defensively to defend those attacks that cost us earlier in the year. I don't think he's got the cattle yet to take on more risk in the game plan.
Bingo!
Still a few more to cycle through, before we have a finals quality list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back