Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And cakes. And coffee. Especially coffee.

I know this is the Clarko thread and we're deviating from Parmas, Dimmies and Pork, but it was amazing to be in some quite rough town and spot a cake shop with really elaborately decorated cakes and pastries.

I never had a bad coffee. Even the coffee made with the little aluminium dripper and a layer of condensed milk was good. But in Hanoi especially, the coffee in cafes was really decent (but even with dirt floors and hello kitty plastic stools, it was not cheap). I reckon a cup of coffee was more than the price of a basic meal like spring rolls or sate chicken.
Love the hello kitty reference,and the happiness to everyone plastic goods also are popular, 9ften depicted with a picture of a horse pulling a sulky.

Love the hello kitty reference,and the happiness to everyone plastic goods also are popular, 9ften depicted with a picture of a horse pulling a sulky.
You could walk down any street and in the distance, see an eatery with some stools out the front, traditional music wafting on the breeze. As you walk towards it the music stops and suddenly, it's Hotel California at increased volume, followed by All That She Wants by Ace of Base and the unplugged Clapton version of Layla.

Everywhere we went. Those 3 songs. On rotation. No other songs.

You could walk down any street and in the distance, see an eatery with some stools out the front, traditional music wafting on the breeze. As you walk towards it the music stops and suddenly, it's Hotel California at increased volume, followed by All That She Wants by Ace of Base and the unplugged Clapton version of Layla.

comedy yes GIF by ThreeUK

And?

It's Step 1 - be better than mediocre.

In 2018 they only won 5 games under Fagan. But their percentage was 89.1. They lost their first 8, but thereafter went 5-8. Winning three games by 50+ and only losing one by 50+ (to us!) and winning two against a Top 4 team

And after that fairly mediocre run they win a flag SIX years later.

We approached a mediocre run but fell well short. 3-9 in the back half of the year with three 70+ losses and no wins against finalists is less than mediocre.

So, IF 2025 is our mediocre year then 2031 is our year.

We are MILES off.
Who says that we should be going by Brisbane trajectory? They've wasted years of top 4 opportunities before finally winning one from 5th spot. But they could well have won it 5 years ago.

I believe we should focus on climbing off the canvas, but once that happens, we should set no limits on how quickly we can contend. I am an optimist, but I think it will happen quicker than most here realise.

Personally, I'd rather the angry Clarko in full control, than the soft approach we've been used to.
We are in the position where it can only get better. Can't get any worse

I am an optimist, but I think it will happen quicker than most here realise.

In 2025 I want proof that we have slayed some of the demons that clearly haunt us.

As of right now basically every side in the league has the capability to put us away with 20 minutes of football.

If that 20 minutes comes at the start we fail to be able to get ourselves far enough back to win. If that 20 minutes happens during the game one a team is back on terms we seemingly have little ability to stand up and push again.

We lost a game in 2 minutes of football. We did not have the composure to shut a game down for 2 minutes.

Until they show on field that they are capable of winning games, or even momentum back consistently we will climb no where.

You are only as good as our last game and we were f***ing pathetic.

Trying to think who could it be who has apparently left the club.
Best case scenario - Rawlings.
Worst case scenario - Viney

Anything in between is probably neither here or there. I hope it's not Adcock, as I think he has the potential to be very good for us if he hangs around.

Anything in between is probably neither here or there. I hope it's not Adcock, as I think he has the potential to be very good for us if he hangs around.
I'm a bit disappointed that nobody has gone through the Instagram profiles of all our footy dept people to see who's removed references to NMFC.

I’d be ecstatic if it was whoever was responsible for the absolute cluster**** that was our forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back